Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

plato_xxx

Old
plato_xxx - Tue Nov 27, 2012, 07:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Hi!
Can I sign up for this promotion here?
Cheers

Old
Tue Nov 27, 2012, 07:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 05:20 PM
(#3)
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 09:42 AM
(#4)
Hi

Here is a mad freeroll hand I played. Shove shove shove, it's only a freeroll right! But my question is, does your ace (AKs in my case have less value if you have heavy action before you act? Are all/many of the aces out? Is there less chance of hitting and do pairs fair better?

Cheers

Last edited by Plato_xxx; Sat Dec 01, 2012 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: mispelling

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 06:04 PM
(#5)
Ok that's done

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 06:27 PM
(#6)
Hi,

What where your reads on the villains? With all of the heavy pre-flop action ahead of us it would be safe to say that there is a strong possibility of a range of 1 or more Ax out there and yes that does decrease our overall hand strength/equity/outs in a multi way pot.

This what our hand looks like vs. villains 2, 4 and 8.
31%
7%
7%
55%

Please take the Basic Assessment quiz as your next step in the Bank Roll Builder, once you have passed it please let me know and your 1st Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you.

Good luck!

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 06:44 PM
(#7)
Not sure if i did the right quiz? Passed and got 76%

Plato

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 06:58 PM
(#8)
Hi,

>>click here<<
to take the Basic Assessment Quiz.

Good luck.

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 03:21 AM
(#9)
Yes did that one and passed. What's next?

Plato

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 10:08 AM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato_xxx View Post
Yes did that one and passed. What's next?

Plato
Well done on the quiz!

Your first Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours!

Please use this buy-in at a full table(9players) 1/2c 9-max NLHE, if you encounter any situations that you had difficulty with during your session...post a hand replay here and I'll assist you!

Best of luck to you!

Old
Sun Dec 09, 2012, 06:51 PM
(#11)
Hi again

I passed the cash game quiz. Do I get an extra bankroll or what do I do to get the next chunk?

Plato

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:14 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Hi again

I passed the cash game quiz. Do I get an extra bankroll or what do I do to get the next chunk?

Plato
Hi,

Congrats on passing the quiz!

So how are you doing at the real money games? Remember..if you encounter any situations that you would like to talk about..post a hand replay here and I'll assist you!

Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours.

Keep in mind that there are 3 ways to earn the two remaining buy-ins for your Bank Roll Builder Training. >>click here<< for an overview.

Good luck at the tables.

Old
Sun Dec 23, 2012, 08:55 PM
(#13)
Ok

Tried my best but wiped out! Will have to look for the next $2 from this promotion. I play sngs reg on other sites. Cash is tough for me. Seems like it's wait wait wait then big hand, your up or your down. Here are 2 hans won one lost one. In the end lost out. Got to 8.29 FPPs. Nearly made 10

Hand 1

Liked the way i called here to keep third player in. Worked out well even though I lost to first all -in

Hand 2

Was on this table for a while. The raiser was soooooo loose. Min raised every hand, This is what messed me up. Could not put him on a set. And he didn't raise the river?

Plato

Last edited by Plato_xxx; Sun Dec 23, 2012 at 08:58 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 24, 2012, 06:40 PM
(#14)
Hi,

I like the way you played this hand! With villain8 all in on the BTN for 10bb and villain2 with a stack depth of 100bb!
Well played and nice pot!

On the BTN with a 50bb stack, flat calling is good as this hand plays really well post flop, also given our reads on villain3 we do not want to inflate the pot to much by 3betting this hand as we want to be able to get an affordable price to draw out on a potential draw etc...

On the flop and turn, calling villain3's bets is fine as this keeps all of their air and as well weaker made Kx in the pot. On the river after investing almost 1/3 our stack, I'd just call the 20c bet.

Your 3rd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours!

Good luck at the tables!

Old
Angry
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! - Wed Jan 02, 2013, 10:14 AM
(#15)
Fed up of cash tables. Made it to 9.78 FPP!!!!! Ended up mahing a deposit. Do I get another $2 shot? Will I get $2 when I make it to 10 FPP?

Plato

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 11:07 AM
(#16)
Hi,

Your 4th Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be automatically awarded to you after making a deposit within the next 24 hours!

Are there any key hands from recent sessions that you would like to discuss? If so, post a hand replay here and I'll help you out!

I'd like to wish you the best of luck at the tables in 2013 and in your poker journey here at PSO!

Old
Cool
Won at last - Sat Jan 05, 2013, 08:00 PM
(#17)

Finally won a big hand his JJ against my AK!
Cleared 10 fpp too!
Do I get the next $2 now?

Just a few questions

I've played over 1200 hand @1/2 and I still down 250 ish BB. At what stage do you give up on cash and return to the streetless sngs?

Also when sitting down I'm afraid to bring too much onto the table. I sit with $1 to $1.20. When I stack off I loose small or win small. Will I stay short while I'm learning or is there an optimal stack at these levels?

plato

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 08:58 PM
(#18)
Quote:

Finally won a big hand his JJ against my AK!
Cleared 10 fpp too!
Do I get the next $2 now?

Just a few questions

I've played over 1200 hand @1/2 and I still down 250 ish BB. At what stage do you give up on cash and return to the streetless sngs?

Also when sitting down I'm afraid to bring too much onto the table. I sit with $1 to $1.20. When I stack off I loose small or win small. Will I stay short while I'm learning or is there an optimal stack at these levels?

plato
Hi,

The Bank Roll Builder is worth a total of 4 buy-ins for 2NL. You have been awarded all of the buy-ins and completed your Bank Roll Builder training with flying colors!

1,200 hands may seem like a lot of hands to you and 250bb is only 1 full buy-in, but in it's entirety is a relatively small sample size given the sheer number of hands that can be seen/dealt online. A solid sample size to determine if cash games is a go long term..well that is a tough question to answer..but anywhere from 30,000 to 100,000 hands should be a sufficient amount to go by along with a stats tracking program such as Poker Tracker 4 or Holdem Manager 2 to see a complete overview of your play throughout that sample. Cash Games are for everyone, the resources available here at www.pokerschoolonline.com will help take your game to the next level and or plug leaks...no worries

A good amount to buy-in for depending on your bank roll would be about 40bb or (80c at 2NL) until you feel more comfortable sitting with a bigger stack size.

Best of luck to you at the tables in 2013!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com