Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Nov 28, 2012, 12:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Hi there! Please help me start my bankroll

Thanks!

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 03:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLauncelot View Post
Thanks!
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 05:06 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks!
Hi IamLauncelot,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 11:35 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
I've attended the live lessons with Dave. What's next?

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 07:40 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I've attended the live lessons with Dave. What's next?
Hi IamLauncelot,

Next up practice on the Play Money Full Ring 9-Handed tables only and post a hand you found difficult here in this thread using the Hand Replayer.

Here is a short video showing you how to use the Hand Replayer.

Once you post your hand for review we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
play money is not real money - Fri Nov 30, 2012, 10:32 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Well i went there and this is what happened

Now what did i do wrong??
i guess assuming that someone might have flush and check on the river but after i've raised from preflop till turn and got called.

So..flop comes with this 2 in it but still a hard flop then raise to check for flush...got called...raise on the turn to see if they really have something...and to see what... got called again
i had a set of 2 so i check after all this betting who knows maybe they have a set of K and they limpped to fool me..maybe they have a flush...too many possibilities...

And then surprise....river comes with a 7 and only one raises i call the rest fold because they had nothing....and I lose because of a last 7 on the river....he had nothing till that point and still went on

I guess even if I would have raised all in they would have still called and eventually i would have lost all with a set of 2 for a straight...coz i was afraid of a flush and got killed by a lucky straight

So where have my judgement went wrong?? is it me? or it is just because they have no pressure they call like maniacs with nothing and hope ...maybe i'll hit this one?????

Thank you for viewing

Old
this one is just for fun - Fri Nov 30, 2012, 07:36 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
well i had this in a tournament

what say you??

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 10:19 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi IamLauncelot!

With 22 in the small blind, while I might raise sometimes with it, I'm going to complete here and setmine with my low pair. If I did raise, then I would raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 16.
The flop here is good and bad. I hit my set, but there is a possible made flush and plenty of straight/flush draws. I'm going to make a pot-size bet here (110). I don't want to bet less than this, as the more opps that stay, they WILL get the correct odds to draw to beat me if they have a single diamond.
The turn completes one of the straights. With 3 opps still in the hand, I'm going to make another pot-sized bet here (326). I want to get value for my set and to give the opps the wrong odds to draw.
The river completes another straight and I'm going to make a thin-value bet here of 200 (1/4 pot). Unfortunately, the opp had a straight, so they had a flush and straight draw. This is the downside to not making a large enough bet on the flop and turn... as the opp got the correct odds to draw and did outdraw me.

In the tourney hand, this is a really big overbet preflop. I would make a typical standard raise here (3BB+1BB for each limper), so I will raise to 100. Shoving this large of a chip stack in early in a tourney, is a normally always going to be a problem, as there are players that will stay with anything. I don't want all my chips into the pot until I know that I've got the best hand after all 5 cards are on the board.
The key here is standard bets. Abnormally large or small bets are tells that an observant player will pick up on... and know what kind of cards you have. By making standard bets, the opps will always be guessing as to the cards that I have.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 01:07 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Thanks man for you comments

Let me say one thing...i smelled that he was going all in anyway and even if i would have raised like you said he would have called, and then after the flop if i would have reraised he would have gone all in..he was short stacked so...i dunno..it was a move that i don't regret.

I only want to say that what you are saying is correct but after spending 3 days in all free roll tournaments possible i must say that it works in tournaments that have some entry fee or a prize and in the cash tables... on free rolls...especially in the early stages most people rely on luck like he did. Happend to be lucky this time but in most cases i guess i'll have his chips

Anyway you observations are noted and i'll be more carefull next time

Thank you again

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 06:25 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
well i had this in a tournament
what say you??
Hi IamLauncelot,

Don't forget that the Bankroll Builder promotion is a Cash Game promotion only, tournament hands will not count for this promotion.

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

If you have already passed the Poker Basic Quiz please let us know and we'll advise on the next step.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Sat Dec 01, 2012 at 06:33 AM..

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 10:13 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
I've already passed it

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 05:44 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I've already passed it
Hi IamLauncelot,

Congrats on passing the course.

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 09:42 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar

i guess i should have folded because of a low kicker but...i prefferd to go because i thought that having a set would be enough

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 05:17 PM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

i guess i should have folded because of a low kicker but...i prefferd to go because i thought that having a set would be enough
Hi IamLauncelot

Interesting hand! There are several points worth noting here. Firstly, A8o is a tough hand to play here. I actually recommend folding preflop. You will often be facing an A with a better kicker, and you don't have any straight or flush possibilities with your hand. I would have opened with a raise though, had it folded around to you.

As played, we don't know if the A on the turn actually helped us. Raising or checking would be fine here since we are out of position. However, when we get min-raised by the villain warning bells should start going off telling us that he has a strong hand. His line thus far looks like he has an A with a strong kicker, probably AK.

Min-reraising and large river bests are both typical tells that a villain has a stong hand. Moreover, on the river, what hands are we beating? He could have a full house, a flush, or trip As with a better kicker. The only hands we are beating would be an A with a worse kicker than ours, a hand with a 10 and a pure bluff. None of these fit his line in the hand. Folding is the right action on the river. We are most likely beat unfortunately.

Remember, trips (two on the board and one in your hand) are not as powerful as a set (two in your hand and one on the board).

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 04:32 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi IamLauncelot,

Next step for you is to attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Prepare some questions for the trainer that you can ask him while attending the session.

Please let me know as soon as you have attended this session so that we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 02:50 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Hello again,

I've attended the Bet sizing Live training with Andre today

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 03:07 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello again,
I've attended the Bet sizing Live training with Andre today
Hi IamLauncelot,

Perfect yes, I can see you on the list of attendees. Did you find the session useful?

Just one more step to release your next bonus. It's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 02:52 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Hi again,

I've just passed the Cash Game Quiz

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 04:09 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi again,
I've just passed the Cash Game Quiz
Brilliant! Your second buy-in will now be awarded within 24 hours.

Use all that you have learned so far to again play some real money games (1/2 cent tables).

Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, attend the 'Cash Basics' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 07:42 AM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Regarding the money tables i can't play anymore coz i've lost the 2 $ you gave me, having a really bad 2 calls

First i Had 22 and the flop came 6 J 2 and i raised, another guy went all in coz of short stack and i had a go. it seems that he had 66 so even if i had a set of 2 he had a set of 6

Second i had QQ and i raised 4 BB another one reraised so because now i was the short stack went all in...seems that he had AA...unlucky day

Regarding the lessons i'll attend them and let you know

See ya

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com