Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL Zoom Deep Stack Dilemma

Old
10NL Zoom Deep Stack Dilemma - Wed Nov 28, 2012, 10:25 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Hand against a total unknown villain. I just wasn't used playing deepstack.

On the turn, got raised to 28bb, didn't know what to do here. It's not a fold as only 97 and 74 (74's just impossible) beats us. We're definitely ahead of sets, 2 pairs and overpairs.

Was in a huge dilemma whether to raise because wasn't sure if I was value-owning myself if he slowplayed 97.

On the river I think I had to call as 97 and 77 are just a small part of his range. Could include busted flush draws as well.

1) On the turn, are we comfortable going all in with top set, considering the stack size and board texture? Was afraid of the 97.

2) On the river, is it a call?

Thanks!

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 02:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I think you played this hand absolutely fine given the deep stacksizes. He can play worse sets like this but since there are possible straights on turn and river I dont think there is more room for raising topset for value here.

Live Trainer

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 10:05 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain flipped over 77, nice raise on the turn... Don't think river we can get away with it.

If we're playing 100bb instead, does it change our decision whether to stack off with top set on the turn?

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 05:45 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
For 100bbs I would definitely get this in OTT so we dont get our action killed on a nasty club or straightening river.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com