Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Nov 28, 2012, 10:41 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Hi Admin,

Would like to know if I qualify for this!

Cheers
Iamfromchina

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 01:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 05:19 PM
(#3)
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Old
Hand replay - Thu Nov 29, 2012, 07:44 AM
(#4)

Old
Attended the session - Thu Nov 29, 2012, 09:53 PM
(#5)
Hi Admin,

I just attended the session (: Please advise on what to do next?

Cheers
Iamfromchina

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:18 AM
(#6)
Hi,

Glad to see that you know how to use hand replayer!

very huge pot! But please from here through out the duration of your Bank Roll Builder training post 9-max No Limit Holdem 1/2c(full table) hands and not tournament/sit n go replays.

The next stage in your Bank Roll Builder, please pass the Basic Assessment Quiz, let me know when you have completed the Quiz and your 1st buy-in will be awarded to you.

CannonLee

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:43 AM
(#7)
Dear Cannon,

I passed the quiz already! Cheers

Iamfromchina

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 08:34 AM
(#8)
Hi,

Well done on the quiz!

Your 1st Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours!

Please use this buy-in at a full table of 1/2c 9-max NLHE. If you have any questions about a hand that you had difficulty with post a hand replay here and I'll assist you!

Best of luck to you at the tables!

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 10:20 AM
(#9)
Hey Cannon,

Just started playing at the tables. Will post hands soon. How do I unlock the rest of the roll?

Cheers
Iamfromchina

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 10:27 AM
(#10)

Bad luck here, but should I have played the flop differently?

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 10:31 AM
(#11)

Over here should I have called or should I have shoved as I did? Main reason why I chose to shove was because I didnt want to call and have the flop come down Kxx or Axx and face a decicison for all my chips

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 10:38 AM
(#12)

Did I do it correctly here? Trying to rebuild now

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 11:03 AM
(#13)

Raise pf to 3 bb, I flat call, button 3 bets (i thought he was squeezing), so I call. Flops rather coordinated but I decide to donk bet and plan to fold if i get a re raise, guy calls after some consideration which i thought was weakness. Fired the turn which was called and gave up on the river

Old
Fri Jan 11, 2013, 08:53 PM
(#14)
Hello Admin,

Just lost the first buy in, what do I have to do to unlock the rest?

Cheers

Old
Sat Jan 12, 2013, 01:32 AM
(#15)
Hi,

I'd re-raise this hand to 24 or 30c preflop to get max value from a weaker range of starting hands also to thin the playing to heads up! Your bet sizing on the flop is perfect as if you are to get called it sets up the pot size to get villain8's stack in on the turn! Well played

I like your open raise size on the button as it leaves room/space for weaker holdings to 3bet, we can 4bet jam this hand on a smaller stack depth of 30bb but as for 50bb we can elect to 4bet the villain to 40c or 54c to get some value from Ax (AJ AQ AT) as well under pairs JJ and below, we have a premium holding and do not want to generate to much fold equity. Aggressive approach which I like, but your line is an option and what I suggested on re-raise sizing please take in to consideration for similar situations in the future.

Your line is perfect! Even though we are at a positional disadvantage post flop we also have 2nd pair on that board texture, even though may not seem like a spot to be betting for value...it actually is vs. certain player dynamics as the board presents many draws (straight and/or flush draw) and even in rare circumstances floats with over cards. :P The cbet on the flop sets up the pot size to get the villains stack in on either the turn or river, I like your over sized bet on the river as it looks bluffy( and will induce all of their range to call as they are pot committed, even though I do not advocate bluffing at the 2nl level in which this particular hand wasn't a bluff) Well played!

This is an interesting spot, this hand just doesn't flop to well, this is more of a fit or fold hand (hit a set or flop some equity such as a open ended straight or fold) as we will never really feel comfortable betting this hand for value on almost all board textures. But this may be a spot to 4bet jam all in pre-flop and take down the pot uncontested, as our stack size is equal to the 2 villains involved in the hand and we will not get called to light. But this line is entirely dependent on villain3 and villain7's tendencies.
As for the way the hand played out, a donk lead is fine if the villain folds often to flop bets, but if we get called just shut down on the turn as it will save bets in the long run and control the pot size just in case we decide to bluff catch the river affordably.

Hope this helps and Best of luck to you at the tables!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfromchina View Post
Hello Admin,

Just lost the first buy in, what do I have to do to unlock the rest?

Cheers
Please take the Cash Game Quiz, once you have passed it please let me know and your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you! Also, if you could please post the losing hand history replay for your 1st buy-in, I'd like to discuss it with you.

Last edited by CannonLee; Sat Jan 12, 2013 at 02:13 AM..

Old
Sat Jan 12, 2013, 11:04 AM
(#16)

Think I was on tilt by this point due to suckouts

Old
Sat Jan 12, 2013, 10:20 PM
(#17)
Dear Cannon,

Just finished the quiz and passed it

Cheers

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 12:03 AM
(#18)
Hi,

This hand doesn't flop to well and opening this hand from early position most times we'll be OOP post flop vs. a stronger range/combo of Ax or premium starting hand at full ring. Facing a 3bet from the villain to our left, this hand is a fold.

If we had this hand in late position we can consider opening it as there are fewer villains behind left to act, which reduces the likelihood of other combos of Ax (but not for certain).

As for post flop, your line would be fine at say for instance a heads up cash game or heads up sit n go as the flop texture has card removal of villains range and is relatively dry. But at full ring, there are so many other live cards to be dealt in to play...

What were your reads on this villain to make an all in play on the flop?

All players tilt and they do so in different ways and forms. One of the most important things that I can tell you... maintain your composure at the tables and move on to the next hand after taking a ridiculous beat by a marginal hand or a cooler situation, beats are part of the game, ultimately our decisions and clear mind set at the table are what will make profit in the long run...poker is a marathon...not a sprint , it's easier said than done, but through time and experience it will just become second nature and the beats will no longer phase us.

Keep at it, I see early on in your Bank Roll Builder training that you have a very good foundation of a poker schemata to build on and I hope to one day see you at 5nl or higher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfromchina View Post
Dear Cannon,

Just finished the quiz and passed it

Cheers
Well done on the Cash Game Quiz!

Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours! Keep in mind that there are 2 remaining buy-ins to be awarded to you, please >>click here<< to find out more.

Good luck at the tables and if you encounter any tough situations, post a hand replay here and I'll assist you!

Last edited by CannonLee; Sun Jan 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM..

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 09:22 AM
(#19)
Dear Cannon,

To be honest I do read poker books such as ones written by trihabit (let there be range etc) and the more classic david sklanksy/ mike caro etc. Would like to ask more about the QQ hand, if I had just called and flop fell A, K how should I approach the hand?

For the hand which I went busto in was on tilt and just thought that with the kind of board texture villian's range couldnt have much to call my all in (kinda dumb but tilt lol).

Played this hand recently,

Thoughts were standard pf call with AK, had position anyway (history that villian 3 and 4 would have folded). Guy cbet on an A high flop which was really connected, so thoughts included Ax, maybe AQ or AJ (less likely coz 4 bb pf). But I had AK which would be a decent hand against villian's entire cbet range so I call, turn came K which gave me two pair and completed draws for villian. Board was f* scary but thought the overbet from villian was more of a weakness than strength (line of thought went who value bets with overbet on such a coordinated flop) so I elect to call with my two pair. River gave me pretty much the nuts but my initial read was way wrong. Is there anything wrong with my logic so far?

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 11:28 PM
(#20)
Dear Cannon,

Went busto here. Am I still able to get the last 2 installments?

Cheers

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com