Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Wed Nov 28, 2012, 04:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
Hello,

I've just heard about your prmotion and I want to know if I qualify?

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance.

With regards,
Dan Fat

Old
Wed Nov 28, 2012, 04:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.fat View Post
Hello,
Can anyone help?
Thank you in advance.
With regards,
Dan Fat
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 29, 2012, 05:16 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,
You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions. Ask the Live Trainer plenty of questions while you are attending, it's the best way to learn.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know as soon as you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 06:23 PM
(#4)
Hello,

I have participated to the 'Getting Started' session, 'Bet Sizing' and 'Half Dollar Turbo'.

Thank you.

With regards,
Dan Fat

Last edited by dan.fat; Wed Dec 05, 2012 at 06:42 PM..

Old
Thu Dec 06, 2012, 06:42 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,
I have participated to the 'Getting Started' session, 'Bet Sizing' and 'Half Dollar Turbo'.
Thank you.
With regards,
Dan Fat
Perfect, yes we can see that you attended. Did you find the session useful? Don't worry about the 'Bet Sizing' session for now, you will need to attend that later in the promotion.

Next up please play some play money tables, full-ring, 9-handed only. Make sure the tables are full, that is, no empty seats.

Post a hand that you found difficult with here in this thread using the Hand Replayer.

Here is a video on how to use the Hand Replayer.

Once you post your hand for review we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Session - Thu Dec 06, 2012, 03:33 PM
(#6)
Hello,

I wanted to post this incredible hand with AhTh.

Let me know what you think considering that I have played consistent and tight aggressive starting with 2000 chips.

Thanks.

With regards,
Dan Fat

Last edited by dan.fat; Thu Dec 06, 2012 at 03:35 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 07, 2012, 05:14 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi dan.fat!

With ATs from the button, I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 80. I then get a min-raise from the SB that I will call. I don't want to re-raise here, as my hand is not strong enough to do so.

The flop misses my hand and when it checks around to me, I'm going to check and hope to get an A or a 10 on the turn.
I do not want to be betting here with absolutely nothing and if my hand does not imporove on the turn, I will fold to any bet from the opps.

The key in this hand is to not make additional bets after an initial raise if I do not have a made hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 08, 2012, 05:47 AM
(#8)
Thanks a lot for your input. I will try to adjust my strategy for the future.

With regards,
Dan Fat

Old
Sat Dec 08, 2012, 05:49 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks a lot for your input. I will try to adjust my strategy for the future.
With regards,
Dan Fat
Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

When you have passed the Poker Basic quiz please let us know and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 08, 2012, 10:06 AM
(#10)
Hello,
I have passed the test.

Thanks.

With regards,
Dan Fat

Old
Sat Dec 08, 2012, 07:41 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,
I have passed the test.
Thanks.
With regards,
Dan Fat
Hi dan.fat,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 03:58 PM
(#12)
Hello,

I have received the first 2$ and I've played 2 sessions (one with around 300 hands). I have done relatively OK since I ended the first session with +1$ and the second with +0,5$. The first one started OK and after 150 hands it become very bumpy. I'm going to post some significant hands. Related to Bet Sizing, as I have mentioned in the previous post I have attended it.

Thanks.

With regards,
Dan Fat

Raise, All in with AK on SB - I would say STD

Limp with A8 middle position - should I have been more aggressive ?

Lower straight from BB with A5 - should I have folded on the turn ?

Pocket 5s on the button - considering the stack size and the number of players should I have raised preflop ?

Aggressive betting from SB - here I wanted to steal then I have continued betting

KK on BB on 4 spade board with trips

JJ UTG - I think I should have bet on the river but I was out of position and in my opinion it wouldn't have been credible to represent a straight.

Bad play with J8 late position - lucky to limit the loses

Unlucky limp with AA on late position

Last edited by dan.fat; Thu Dec 13, 2012 at 04:10 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 12:51 PM
(#13)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
hi Dan Fat,

AKo - Agree, standard

A8o - You asked if instead of limping in you should have been more aggressive. I think actually you should have been more tight. You're not in middle position here you're in early position, UTG +1. Mostly just fold preflop with weak aces in EP.

A5o - Again, this is usually just a fold preflop. Against the cut off's open raise I think calling is the worst option as A5o does not play well out of position without the initiative. If V7 is raising frequently when folded to in a steal position (cut off/button/SB) then re-raising or 3-betting is an option to resteal with an ace blocker. But the money is fairly shallow here and we have no reads provided, so just fold imo.

55 - With a 40 bb stack I and no reads on the opener it's close. The price to call and set mine is barely there, but if you flat and one of the blinds 3-bets you'll have to fold. If you opt to 3b it yourself then you are somewhat forced to go with it on this short a stack. If the guy is opening frequently in this situation then I like 3-betting to get folds from all his steals, going with it if he 4-bet shoves. If he's been pretty tight generally then flatting is ok, barely.

K8o - No problem preflop, raising blind v blind is standard here. C-betting the flop also standard. When he calls the flop I would shut it down at this point. Remember the goal was to steal. It was a reaonable goal executed in a manner that should be profitable in the long run. At the point where he's choosing to continue in the hand after seeing the flop, our goal has failed, so it's time for plan B. The back up plan is hand value, but in this case that hasn't come through either as we only have king high. The play which was profitable quickly becomes unprofitable if we don't stop putting more money in bad at this point... just keep in mind that sometimes when stealing it doesn't work out, that's part of it. It's ok to give up when that's the case.

KK - Big issue with preflop bet sizing here. UTG has opened to and been called by the SB, if you use the 3b sizing recommendations from the Introduction to Bet Sizing course they say to re-raise to 3x the openers total size (which is 6x) and in this case I would increase it due to the presence of the cold caller's extra money in the pot, the openers position indicating a possible strong range, and the fact that he'll have position post flop if he continues. I like about 10x here or .20c, but at least 8x at the minimum, .16c. If you had made it .20c here, gotten one caller, you'd have a pot sized bet left in your stack to shove the flop, and can feel comfortable you're getting the money in good.

JJ - preflop is fine, c-betting into 2 players is questionable here. Once you get called I think I'm totally done putting money in the pot. I agree with you that it's not credible to rep a 5 as you basically have to have 55 (A5 probably bets again on the turn).

J8o - fold or raise first in pre, don't limp... in this case open fold for sure.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 05:29 AM
(#14)
Hello,

Many thanks again for your input. I greatly appreciate it.
On the 13.12.2012 I have won extra 1.92$.
Hopefully I will get better in time .

With regards,
Dan Fat

Last edited by dan.fat; Sat Dec 15, 2012 at 05:34 AM..

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 06:11 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,
Many thanks again for your input.
Hi dan.fat,

Next up please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. These sessions can be found daily in the >>Live Training<< section.

Use the time while you are attending this session wisely, for example, prepare a few questions that you can ask the trainer while you are attending, it's a great way to learn.

Post back here as soon as you have attended this session and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 03:38 PM
(#16)
Hello,
As I have mentioned in a previous post, I have already attended the bet sizing live training.

Thank you.

With regards,
Dan Fat

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 06:57 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,
As I have mentioned in a previous post, I have already attended the bet sizing live training.
Hi dan.fat,

You will have to attend it again then as I can't move you forward in the system until you do so. It is very important to do the steps only when asked and not before as this delays the process and may result in you missing out on a bonus.

Use the time while you are attending wisely, for example, prepare some questions that you can ask the trainer while you are there, it's a great way to learn.

Let me know once you have attended and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 16, 2012, 03:40 AM
(#18)
Hello,

I have attended the "Bet sizing" live training.
Also, in an early session today I have lost 0.8$.

With regards,
Dan Fat

Old
Sun Dec 16, 2012, 06:54 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have attended the "Bet sizing" live training.
Hi dan.fat,

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 16, 2012, 11:06 AM
(#20)
Hello,

I have passed the quiz.

Thank you.

With regards,
Dan Fat

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com