Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Fri Nov 30, 2012, 03:28 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Hi!

I started playing on PokerStars a few weeks ago. Only playing freerolls and fake money. After a few tourneys i had won 3$ after a 9th place in a sit & go.

I started playing cash-games. My bankroll was growing steadily, i got myself to 13$ using only the 0.01/0.02 tables.

But unfortninatly i found myself one evening not concentrating enough and one or two glass of wine to much in the body and lost it all. Ive now learned my lesson. I will never play poker again when im not focused in my mind, and will never combine poker and alcohol again.

But since i havent invest any money in my account im not that dissapointed of myself. I feel I have what it takes to get a long way at the tables.

Can you help me build my Bankroll up again? Ive already completed the Poker Basics quiz.

Best regards Cyradiz

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 07:32 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyradiz View Post
Can you help me build my Bankroll up again? Ive already completed the Poker Basics quiz.
Best regards Cyradiz
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:37 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Can you help me build my Bankroll up again?
Hi cyradiz,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

These classes are schedulded at different times on different days of the week so you will need to find which day suits your time zone best.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money, no-limit, tables (full ring)

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Getting Started Live Session - Mon Dec 10, 2012, 02:22 PM
(#4)
Hello!

Now I have attended one of the live sessions "Getting Started".

Best regards, Cyradiz

Old
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 03:57 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello!
Now I have attended one of the live sessions "Getting Started".
Best regards, Cyradiz
Yes, we see that you attended. What did you think of the session? Learn anything useful?

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 06:47 AM
(#6)
Hi royalraise85,

Ive been playing some freerolls and some playmoney cashgames.
During my latest cashgame for playmoney, this hand was one I was curious about.

What is my play here. I call flop for 80, that seems correct given the open straight draw?

Given the turn i have a strong pair and straight draw, tho now i can assume someone else might have a straight, i call 100, should i have folded the hand? After the raise i assume i definitly should have folded?

I see river and fold.

Thanks, Cyradiz

Old
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 03:48 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi royalraise85,

Ive been playing some freerolls and some playmoney cashgames.
During my latest cashgame for playmoney, this hand was one I was curious about.

What is my play here. I call flop for 80, that seems correct given the open straight draw?

Given the turn i have a strong pair and straight draw, tho now i can assume someone else might have a straight, i call 100, should i have folded the hand? After the raise i assume i definitly should have folded?

I see river and fold.

Thanks, Cyradiz
Hi Cyradiz

I would actually suggest folding KJo preflop here. There is an utg limper and then a raise in front of you. This means that any of the players left fo act, or the limper, may choose to 4bet making this too expensive to play. Secondly, KJ is a bit weak, it often gets dominated by AK or AJ. I suggest being on the cautious side with your hand selection while starting out. You can expand your range as you gain experience.

As played, you have good odds with your open ended straight draw to call on the flop.

The turn is good for you, but not because of the pair. Having middle pair vs two players on this drawy board does not rate to be the best hand. But being a heart, it does give you more outs for a flush. You now have 9 flush outs and 6 straight outs. You could still be drawing dead against AK or Ax of hearts though. Even if we discount several of your outs, the odds still make it worth calling both times on the turn.

Good fold on the missed river. This is a typical example of getting involved in drawing hands that don't pan out.

In general stick to good spots for playing prospective hands. I like to have true suited connectors or Axs.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 02:09 AM
(#8)
Got ya!

I realise that KJ is not the very best hand, and should have folded it to a raise.

But i suppose from time to time, depending on position etc i could limp with it. But as you say im putting myself in the position of drawing for straight and flushes..

Ill remember this for the future. Talking about future, how to proceed building my bankroll?

I played a Bankroll Mob freeroll yesterday and got 51th place. So got myself $0.07, which im going to use in some sit & goes to try to generate those into the $0.8 i need to be able to play cash games. Could you help me with this? I want to start playing at the cash tables.

Best regards Cyradiz

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 02:56 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
to be able to play cash games. Could you help me with this? I want to start playing at the cash tables.
Hi cyradiz,

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

When you have passed the Poker Basic quiz please let us know and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 03:11 AM
(#10)
Hi royal!

Thanks, the quiz has been passed for some time now

Best regards, Cyradiz

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 06:30 AM
(#11)
Hi Raiser,

Still no buy-in on my pokerstars account. Is the money on its way or is something wrong?
Im eager to start building my bankroll

Best regards, Cyradiz

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 06:38 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi royal!
Thanks, the quiz has been passed for some time now
Best regards, Cyradiz
Hi cyradiz,

OK, by doing the steps before you are asked delayed the system a little.

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 01:13 PM
(#13)
Hello Raiser!

Ive been playing some at the 0.01/0.02 cash tables now. Ive reached above 3$ and are getting back into my game.
Ive not yet attended the live session for bet sizing. Im usually betting half pot atm.

Im unsure on what hands to call raises pre-flop. Most hands should be folded i suppose, but take a look at this hand, it turned out quite nice, but is it the correct play?

Best regards, Cyradiz

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 05:45 PM
(#14)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi cyradiz,

This one is kind of read specific I think. If the opener is doing so loose, then I would generally 3-bet to isolate him. If they are tight, folding is a fine option vs. their UTG raise. And if a call will tend to bring lots of overcalls then the call is ok as ATs plays well enough in a multi-way pot. On your stack size this may be the best option after folding.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 06:43 PM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Ive not yet attended the live session for bet sizing.
Hi cyradiz,

Next step is to attend the 'Bet Sizing' training. Use the time while you are attending wisely, for example, prepare some questions that you can ask the trainer while you are there, it's a great way to learn.

Let me know once you have attended and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 02:46 PM
(#16)
Hi Raiser!

Ive attended the Bet Sizing live session. The new terms to me was 3 betting and continous betting. Even though i know what the meaning is and i use them i didnt know what they were named.

I also found one of the examples intresting. I have JJ, two players called, i should raise 5-6xBB. Im usually raising 3xBB top, with those cards. I guess im too shy with my chips? for me to send in 5-6xBB im at KK, AA, AK.

Best regards Cyradiz

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 07:46 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser!
Ive attended the Bet Sizing live session.
Hi cyradiz,

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 02:27 AM
(#18)
Hi Raiser!

I've passed the Cash Game quiz, it was indeed not that easy and had to go through the material a bit. But i managed to beat it.

Some things ive learned:

AKs pre-flop, 2 players have raised and reraised, i should fold, i dont have to get involved in those strong hands, i can for free step back and wait for a better situation. Even though i have position on them, they might sit with stronger hands like AA, KK, QQ. Its not worth it.

Bankroll management, i was aware of this but i didnt know there were different guidlines depending on player type, like serious and proffesional. What do you suggest me to follow, recreational or serious?

Whats next?

Best regards Cyradiz

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 04:27 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser!
I've passed the Cash Game quiz, it was indeed not that easy and had to go through the material a bit. But i managed to beat it.
Brilliant! Your second buy-in will now be awarded within 24 hours.

Use all that you have learned so far to again play some real money games (1/2 cent tables).

Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, attend the 'Cash Basics' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 15, 2013, 03:15 AM
(#20)
Hi Royalraise ive attended the cash basics live training and it was all basic knowledge to me. If i should say something of the short training it reminding me to only play very good starting hands. I should always raise the same ammount regardless my hands strength to avoid ppl reading what i have. I shall only limp pre flop from good position with hands similar to small poket pairs, suited connectors, AX and so on. Those hands should easily be folded OOP.

I also played a quite intressting hand the other day, on my iphone though so can't post a replay. Im was at that time playing in a tournament, 9 players. Im in middle position and someone before me raises about 6x BB. He is betting 1/5 of my stack. Im shuving my chips in the middle. I get called by him. He shows K3, flop is QAT. Turn shows J and i loose to a straight. Do you recommend me playing AA differently? Should i call his big bet and wait for flop to shuv? I didnt felt very good at that time, had a great flow in my play and a oppertunity to double up.

Let me know what my next step in the bankroll builder program is.

Best regards Cyradiz

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com