Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Fri Nov 30, 2012, 01:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
WhiteStar
Hello,

I want to know if I am eligible for the promotion. I have done the Poker basics course. If there is something else to do, please let me know.

Regards,
Fernando Avilés

Last edited by Darkfervac; Fri Nov 30, 2012 at 01:55 PM..

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 06:01 PM
(#2)
WhiteStar
I would like to add that I have finished the "getting started" live session. Confirm me if I am eligible for the promotion. Thanks in advance.

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 06:53 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfervac View Post
Hello,
I want to know if I am eligible for the promotion. I have done the Poker basics course. If there is something else to do, please let me know.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 05:59 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I would like to add that I have finished the "getting started" live session. Confirm me if I am eligible for the promotion. Thanks in advance.
Hi Darkfervac,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

Unfortunately you will have to attend one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions again. It's important not to do any of the steps BEFORE you are asked as it slows up the process and you may miss out on some bonuses.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Prepare some questions that you can ask the trainer while you are attending, use the time wisely.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money, no-limit, tables (full ring)

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Sat Dec 08, 2012 at 07:39 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 02:26 PM
(#5)
WhiteStar
I have just attended "Getting started" session. Now I know how to save my hands.

What's next?

Last edited by Darkfervac; Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 02:28 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 03:16 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have just attended "Getting started" session. Now I know how to save my hands.
What's next?
Hi Darkfervac,

Perfect, we can see you on the list of attendees, did you find the session useful?

Next next play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Talking
A straight draw - Mon Dec 03, 2012, 06:26 PM
(#7)
WhiteStar

I was playing this hand and I have a few doubts about it. Should I have played until the river (like I did and folded) or Should I have folded before?

P.S: I found Getting Started session very useful. Thank you.

Last edited by Darkfervac; Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 06:28 PM..

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 04:29 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I was playing this hand and I have a few doubts about it.
Hi Darkfervac,

Thanks for posting this hand. I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to review it for you and offer some feedback.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 02:24 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Darkfervac!

With T9o and being out of position, even with the prior limp, I'm mucking this preflop and looking for a better spot... either with better cards or when I'm in position.
When the button raises after all the limps, their raise is abnormally low too. A standard raise for this blind level is to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper, so it would be a raise to 1100. With this being fishy too, I'm mucking for sure, as 10 9 is not going to be the best hand here.

The flop gives me 2nd pair and an OESD. With this many opps in the hand, while I'd like to make a 1/2 pot bet here, I really need to make a larger bet (pot-sized) here for three reasons. To get value from my pair, see where I'm at in the hand and more importantly, to lessen the field. I don't want to bet less, as anyone else that would have a draw would be getting the correct odds to draw to beat me.

The key in this hand is to not limp marginal hands when out of position. Have patience, muck them and wait for a better hand or to be in position. Playing too many hands, especially out of position, is one of the largest chip leaks that most players have. Yes, when a hand hits, it can win a big pot, but it'll never make up for all the times that I miss and have to fold.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 03:43 PM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
P.S: I found Getting Started session very useful. Thank you.
Hi Darkfervac,

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

When you have passed the Poker Basic quiz please let us know and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 10:24 AM
(#11)
WhiteStar
Thanks for that piece of advice John (JWK24). I know I should not play that kind of hands, but I was trying to mix up my game.

I have finished the Poker Basic Course. I have also taken the test and passed it.

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 10:44 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have finished the Poker Basic Course. I have also taken the test and passed it.
Hi Darkfervac,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 12:16 PM
(#13)
WhiteStar
Thanks a lot. I am playing right now . I'll post back later.

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 02:18 PM
(#14)
WhiteStar

I lost a few chips in this hand. I want to you know what should I have done?
I think making a middle bet at the river would have changed things.

By the way, I will attend to Betting size training session today.

Darkfervac
P.S: I have $3 lol. Can I withdraw money earned from Poker? Let's say I won $20. Can I withdraw them?

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 06:44 PM
(#15)
WhiteStar
Hey I attended Betting size training. It was a great session.

Regards,
Darkfervac

Old
Thu Dec 06, 2012, 02:18 AM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

I lost a few chips in this hand. I want to you know what should I have done?
I think making a middle bet at the river would have changed things.

By the way, I will attend to Betting size training session today.

Darkfervac
P.S: I have $3 lol. Can I withdraw money earned from Poker? Let's say I won $20. Can I withdraw them?
Hi Darkfervac,

With AJo in mid position, my action will be rather read dependent. My standard line would be to raise 3x if the pot is unopened, but fold when facing a raise. I prefer to have a decent read before reraising with AJo. Reraising can be profitable though. Especially since we are going to have position on the villain.

When we reraise, I strongly suggest following the standard bet size which is 3x the original raise plus 1x for each caller. Had you 3-bet to 18 preflop, the villain may well have folded. Min-reraising is rarely a good idea. Min-raising just builds the pot and will not get many opponents to fold. At this point we do not even have a made hand.

On the flop, the villain checks to us. We took the initiative preflop by 3-betting. I would strongly suggest keeping the pressure on the villain by making a standard 50% pot c-bet on this flop. Remember, most flops miss most hands (yours and the villains). By 3-betting preflop and betting on the flop we are showing a lot of strength. This line can get weak pairs that are actually beating us to fold quite often.

The turn bet from the villain looks weak since it is so small. After checking the flop, we could have reraised this small bet to regain initiative in the hand and probably winning it at this point. Had he reraised us, then we have an easy fold.

On the river, we have now missed two opportunities to win the hand. Making a large river bet seems a bit risky now. It no longer looks like we have a strong hand and the 6 on the river doesn't fit in our likely range. Checking down as you did was fine.

Semi-bluffing the flop by making a continuation bet would be have been great in this hand since all the conditions are in place. We are only facing one opponent. We have position on them. They have shown weakness by checking to us. And, the board dry.

I hope this helps!

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Dec 06, 2012, 05:33 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey I attended Betting size training. It was a great session.
Regards,
Darkfervac
Hey Darkfervac,

Yes, we see you on the list of attendess and thanks for attending. What did you think of the session? Learn anything useful?

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 06, 2012, 08:48 AM
(#18)
WhiteStar
Thank you so much Roland GTX for the advice. I found it useful.

In the live session, the trainer helped me out with some doubts about c-bets.

Dark

Old
Thu Dec 06, 2012, 11:29 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thank you so much Roland GTX for the advice. I found it useful.
In the live session, the trainer helped me out with some doubts about c-bets.
Dark
Hi Darkfervac,

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 06, 2012, 01:06 PM
(#20)
WhiteStar
I have already passed the exam and all the subjects. Sorry for being so fast. I know you have a lot of things to do.

Dark

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com