Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

is turn fold right play?should i bet on that flop?

Old
is turn fold right play?should i bet on that flop? - Fri Nov 30, 2012, 06:17 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
BronzeStar

feels2goood 19/16/1

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 07:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Congrats on your first post and welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please check out what the site has to offer >HERE<.

JJ is always a tricky hand to play but out of position, it becomes extremely difficult for me. As far as I'm concerned, you played the hand just fine. But then again, I'm not really a hand analyzer (yet).

Good luck at the tables!

Lester

Follow me on Twitter

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 12:43 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi tom,

Yes for sure folding the turn is right without question. Also this is a fold directly on the flop tbh. The preflop raiser may just be c-betting with a worse hand, but the caller has something. And the board is totally dry with no draws, so it can't be that. The callers range is largely 1 pair hands, a few combos of which you beat (like 88, 99, TT) and many more combos of which you don't (QQ, AK, KQ, KJ, KT and maybe worse depending on how loose he is... you provided no reads!). Plus he can have a few random slowplays on the flop like A4 or 54s.

So in short, we are not in good shape vs. the callers range, we still have the preflop raiser to worry about who can easily have a legit holding having c-bet into 2 opponents, and this is practically impossible to play out of position as unless we spike a jack on the turn we're very likely to be bet off the hand on the turn or river anyway.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 05:47 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2011
BronzeStar
thank Langolier for the answer.Sorry i forgot the stas hier they are.
Feelsgood had 62Hands 37/24/02
Wblack 38/12/1.4

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com