Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sat Dec 01, 2012, 01:05 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Hi, I have been a member of the PSO skill league for a while. I have never made a deposit on poker stars. I would like to know if I qualify for this very cool promotion.

looking forward to your feedback.

citrusfreak.

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 06:27 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by citrusfreak View Post
I would like to know if I qualify for this very cool promotion.
Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thumbs up
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 01:26 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for your quick reply. I look forward to hearing back from you regarding my eligibility.

cheers!

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 02:26 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi citrusfreak,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Missed value? - Mon Dec 03, 2012, 12:07 AM
(#5)
Okay, so a little back ground on what I knew about the table leading up to this point. I had not been at the table very long when this hand took place. I did notice that the table was very passive a lot of limped multi-way pots. The exception to this was the player on the button in this hand. He was making small pre-flop raises in just about every hand. The raises were not getting anyone to fold really. It was just building the pot a little more pre-flop. Despite his tendency to raise, I thought given that he has been playing just about every hand along with the pot odds I was getting after his raise and that my call closes the pre-flop acrion, my hand was good enough to see a flop.

I think I should have tried to get at least one more street of value out of him. I am sure given the loose passive nature of the table overall, his call on the flop could have included some top pair type hands and other Broadway type hands that may have had gut shot draws. I also can't discount that he called with a 9 or a 5. I don't like my check on the turn really the only thing the turn card changes is if he called my flop bet with a 5. When the river card hits I figured after my turn check the only hands I could squeeze any value out of are hands that would probably bet the river themselves the table was passive but not to a point of not betting when they hit they just bet small or call a lot instead of raising. I believe the river card was a big action killer just because any hand that may have tried to bluff after my check would probably give up the idea realizing the range they are trying to rep is very small and very polarized.

That's my thoughts on my hand. I would love to hear yours.
Cheers.

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 02:23 PM
(#6)
Okay, I just finished the getting started live training session. whats next.

Cheers.

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 05:32 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi citrusfreak!

With K9s and an aggressive opp behind me and limpers in front of me, I'll call the $2 here and see what the button does. When the button makes a smaller than normal raise, I'm absolutely priced in to see the flop, so I will call.

I flop top two pair in a 6-way pot. I'm going to make a pot-sized value bet here, both to get value out of my hand, but also to try and thin the field some to make playing the turn and river easier.

The raise does even better than expected and gets me to see the board pair and put a flush draw out there, but I'm heads-up and in position. When the opp checks to me, I am going to make another value bet and will size this one at 1/2 pot. This will give the opp the wrong odds to draw to beat me and will also provide information about their hand. If they call, they could have a K, 9 or 5 or if they raise, they most likely have a 5 and I can re-assess to see if I'm getting the correct pot odds to call their raise. I also could win the pot now too, without a fight.
I don't want to check, just incase the opp has pocket diamonds, as they will then get the correct odds to outdraw me and if I'm ahead, I want them to have to make a negative play to draw, not a positive one.

The river puts a third 5 on the board and when the opp checks to me, I'm going to make as large of a value bet that I think the opp may call. Since I've made a pot-sized bet on the flop and a 1/2 pot bet on the turn, I'll normally try to entice the opp with a bit smaller bet in relation to these and bet between 1/3 and 1/2 the size of the pot. If the opp has the case 5, then so be it... it's a cooler and I'll move onto the next hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 05:33 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi citrusfreak!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 03:43 PM
(#9)
I've now completed the poker basics course and passed the test.

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 04:03 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi citrusfreak!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 03:39 AM
(#11)
Okay,so I played my first session today. I think it could have went a little better but it happens. I would like some feedback on the hand below.

Background: I was playing tight and aggressive. I was only playing about 20% of hands and opening for raises and continuing the aggressive play post flop when needed. The villain I don't know much about seemed pretty solid and he was multi-tabling on about 15 - 20 tables.

I look forward to hearing what you have to say.
Cheers

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 12:19 PM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi citrusfreak

I'm happy to see that you are paying close attention to your opponents. Good reads help a ton!

Preflop, calling or raising from the sb is good. Some people like to call to keep the pot small since we are out of position. I like to raise with my stronger hands in hopes of winning the pot without seeing the flop.

Either way, when facing a preflop raise that will put us all in, I am folding AQ every time.

If the villain was playing 15-20 tables, it is safe to assume he is fairly decent. I would expect him to have a pocket pair 1010+ or AK. Even if we knew the villain had 72o we are not more than a 60% favorite to win. The risk is not wo,rth it. I would only call here with KK or AA.

Good fold

Gl and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 10:45 PM
(#13)
I attended the bet sizing live training today 6:20 est start time.

I'm looking forward to the next step.

Cheers!

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 10:54 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi citrusfreak!

Did you lose the buy-in or are you still playing with it?

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 11:44 PM
(#15)
I'm still playing with the first buy in.

Old
Thu Dec 06, 2012, 03:42 PM
(#16)
I lost the first buy in. Here are the three key hands responsible for the loss.

This first hand, I had not been at the table for very long. I had not even seen a complete round of the blinds when this first hand took place. I didn't have much of a read on any of the players yet.

Not long after that first hand this hand came up.

Finally this hand. Which I feel I may have been a little tilted at this point.

looking forward to your thoughts and advice.

cheers.

Old
Fri Dec 07, 2012, 03:47 PM
(#17)
Okay so now I have attended the bet sizing live training and posted the key hands that caused me to lose the first buy in. What's up next?

Cheers.

Old
Fri Dec 07, 2012, 04:47 PM
(#18)
(Head Trainer)
Hi citrus,

With QQ I definitely like 3-betting after the short stack opens for a min-raise and gets flatted. The 3b sizing is fine at .16c, we could even go a bit more given there's a caller as well, .20c would be fine too.

I don't think we should really ever fold QQ preflop here though. We start with a half stack of 53bb's, 3B and get it in to additional action would be standard here with QQ. I realize the action coming back to you looks strong, and sure it's possible someone has KK or AA, but against other players playing shorter than full stacks I would fully expect they can turn over worse pairs, AK or AQ as well here. Yes the BB position would be overplaying hands like TT or AQ but given the action in front of him, but you'll see it all the time in spots like this. And there's always some % of spazz factor, where they have worse hands too (more likely from the shortest stack opener).

So I am on board with the 3b for sure, and would have stacked this off pre and taken my chances.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 07, 2012, 04:58 PM
(#19)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi citrusfreak!

It's time to now attend the Cash Basics live training session.

Also, study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz and attended the live training session, post back here and we'll continue.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 07, 2012, 07:35 PM
(#20)
Cool thanks for the tips. I'll take my time with that course. I had a feeling I was being a nit when I folded the queens pre-flop.

citrusfreak

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com