Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sat Dec 01, 2012, 03:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
Hi,
I was just reading about this promotion and was wondering if i am eligible to take part in it? Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 05:13 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zveri666 View Post
Hi,
I was just reading about this promotion and was wondering if i am eligible to take part in it? Please advise.
Thanks in advance
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 06:06 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi,
Thanks in advance
Hi zveri666,

You are eligible for the BankRoll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

These classes are scheduled at different times on different days of the week so you will need to find which day suits your time zone best.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money, no-limit, tables (full ring)

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 06:18 PM
(#4)
Hi,
I have just attended the getting started session. What is the next step?

Thanks

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 04:49 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi,
I have just attended the getting started session. What is the next step?
Thanks
Thank you and we can see that you have attended the Getting Started session. Did you find it useful? Did you learn something from it that you didn't know before?

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
hand replay - Thu Dec 13, 2012, 03:51 PM
(#6)
Hey,

I actually found the pretty useful. Most things i already knew but there were a few that I learned just then, such as saving hand history's. As requested here is the hand I had a question about.

So what happened is that I had a pretty bad hand but flopped an open ended straight draw. There were a lot of players still involved in the hand, so I felt like calling a raise here was justified. Then there were a series of re-raises that followed the initial raise and i felt trapped into calling each one. Do you think I should of let this one go? If so at what point in the hand / raises?

Thanks in advance

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 03:53 PM
(#7)
also i know u said to make sure that there were no empty seats. There actually weren't any empty seats, but in the replayer it seems like there were. Those people were either just knocked out or sitting out. Is this still acceptable?

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 07:51 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Those people were either just knocked out or sitting out. Is this still acceptable?
Hi,

Yeah it's fine and I've asked one of the hand analysers to look at it for you. He will post some feedback for you here later.

Quick question though, was this from a ring game or a tournament?

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 02:42 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi zveri666!

With J5o, I'm happy to see a free flop with it from the big blind, as it's not a strong enough hand to call a bet with.

I see a 5-way flop and get an open-ended straight draw. Especially out of position, I am going to check here and hope that the opps give me a free card to try to hit the straight.

UTG now bets almost twice the pot, which is called by two opps, then raised by the button to 420 (basically a pot-sized raise). With this action in front of me, not only am I behind, I may be drawing dead. Due to this, I'm mucking here and saving my chips for a better spot when I'm IN position.

Calling 420 here would give me 420/1165 pot equity (36.1%). Even if all 8 of my outs are good (probably aren't as someone could easily have a Q or also a J), then my hand is only worth 16% (2% per out). Since the pot equity is much, much higher than my hand equity, calling the bet here is never warranted.

When looking to see if a hand is worth calling a draw with, the key is to quickly estimate the pot equity and hand equity. If the pot equity is higher, it's a fold. If the hand equity is higher, it's a call.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 06:17 PM
(#10)
Hey royalraise,

To answer your question, this is a hand from a ring game.

Thanks

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 06:19 PM
(#11)
Hey John,

That analysis really helps. I never really knew how to calculate equity and now its clear!

Thanks for your help

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 06:27 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey John,
That analysis really helps. I never really knew how to calculate equity and now its clear!
Thanks for your help
Hi zveri666,

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

When you have passed the Poker Basic quiz please let us know and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 01:48 PM
(#13)
Hey,

I have passed the quiz. I got 3 questions wrong, is there any way i can check which 3 that was?

Thanks

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 07:01 PM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey,
I have passed the quiz. I got 3 questions wrong, is there any way i can check which 3 that was?
Hi zveri666,

Not to my knowledge, maybe try emailing support@pokerschoolonline.com?

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 03:09 PM
(#15)
Hey,

I'm letting you know that I've received the money and attended the training session.

Thanks

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 05:41 PM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hey,
I'm letting you know that I've received the money and attended the training session.
Thanks
Perfect, we see that you have attended.

Now use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 24, 2012, 02:34 PM
(#17)
Hi,

So I used the 2 dollars to play at a 1/2 cent table. After about 1 hour of play i turned that 2 dollars into 7ish but then lost most of it on this one hand. I would like it to be analyzed for any flaws.

Thanks

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 08:24 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I would like it to be analyzed for any flaws.
Hello zveri666,

Thanks for posting these hands for reveiw. I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at these for you and offer some feedback.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 05:29 PM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi,

So I used the 2 dollars to play at a 1/2 cent table. After about 1 hour of play i turned that 2 dollars into 7ish but then lost most of it on this one hand. I would like it to be analyzed for any flaws.

Thanks

Hi zveri666

There are two points worth noting in this spot, bet sizing and stack sizes. Firstly, I recommend sticking to the standard bet sizes. Reraising preflop is perfect, but I would have made it 18 rather than 15. Firstly, 3x is the standard and conceals your hand strength. Betting smaller is often the a tell of a monster hand (like KK and AA).

On the flop, reraising again looks fine. However, the standard 3x would be 36 cents rather than 66 cents. By betting so much you create a situation where you get value owned. In other words, the hands you are beating all fold. Whereas, the only hands that will call are the ones beating you. I suggest folding to the villain's big reraise. Kk is the second best starting hand, but post flop it is just a pair.

Secondy, both you and the villain had very deep stacks. This can create many difficult spots, especially if you are not that experienced yet. I would suggest leaving a table whenever you have doubled your stack. This allows you to get the profit safely into your bankroll. Then join a new table and start with a fresh 2 dollar buyin.

GL and have fun at the tables!
Merry Christmas!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 11:27 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi ,

Next step for you is to attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session.

These sessions can be found dailt in the >>Live Training<< section.

Use the time while you are attending wisely, for example prepare some questions that you can ask the trainer while you are attending, it's a great way to learn.

Let me know once you have attended and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com