Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder

Old
bankroll builder - Sun Dec 02, 2012, 07:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
hy.i passed my first 2 courses.what i have to do next?i never make a deposit.

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 08:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick011 View Post
hy.i passed my first 2 courses.what i have to do next?i never make a deposit.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 02:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money NL 9-max tables (full ring) and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 02:29 PM
(#4)
I have now watched the 'getting started with pokerstars' live training session. what i have to do next? now im watching to bet size trining

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 03:20 PM
(#5)
Hi,

Please practice at a full table 9-Max NLHE play money games and post a hand replay of a spot you had difficulty with,once you have done that your 1st Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you!

Good luck!

Old
bankroll builder session feedback - Mon Dec 03, 2012, 04:43 PM
(#6)

Q9s-i payd in that position because i think i have good outs for straight or for flash.

it was a good play?im not sure i made the correct decision pre-flop.what do you think?

Old
bankroll builder session feedback - Mon Dec 03, 2012, 04:48 PM
(#7)

and another one.i playd ok on floop?but on turn?

here was a top pair and a flush draw.

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 01:08 AM
(#8)
Hi,

Nice to see that you know how to use the hand replayer!

when entering a pot from our position we would be better off raising 4x +1bb to isolate the UTG limper as opposed to limping and with crossed fingers hope that we accomplish having position on them post flop. Playing a multi way pot with an implied odds hand is nice, but what was your basis for calling this hand given the preflop action? Trying to limp in to see an affordable flop is ok in certain positions "preferably late position" and solely based on table dynamics, but keep in mind that playing multiway decreases our overall hand strength/equity in the pot. In real money cash games "a limping range is perceived as a weak range" full stack regs(250bb players) will pick up on that quickly and try to exploit it.

When one of the villains ahead of us goes all in for 20bb and another calls, this is a fold, as there is a villain that has us covered based on stack depth and with that type of action.. we are facing a really strong range that has us crushed most times.

As for bet sizing post flop, 1/2 to 3/4 pot is optimal.

Pretty much the same analysis as the hand. Although this time you have a flush draw + top pair. What where your reads on the villains? Have they show the tendency to float with Ax? On the flop I'm betting for value.

Keep in mind to take notes and color code the villains based on their tendencies/hand ranges post flop.

Your first Bank Roll Builder buyin will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours, please use this real money buy-in at a full table(9 players) 1/2c 9-max NLHE table.

Best if luck to you at the tables.

Old
understand - Tue Dec 04, 2012, 02:34 AM
(#9)
i undestand and i will try to avoid that mistakes for the future.i recived my bankroll.what i have to do for next?

Old
session feedback - Tue Dec 04, 2012, 03:55 AM
(#10)

what do you think?any advice for future?

Old
feedback - Tue Dec 04, 2012, 05:00 AM
(#11)

what do you think?

Old
bankroll builder - Tue Dec 04, 2012, 09:50 AM
(#12)
oo..ive reached 10 vp points.what next?

Old
bankroll builder - Wed Dec 05, 2012, 04:44 AM
(#13)
i've passed all my courses.what i have to do next?

Old
feedback - Wed Dec 05, 2012, 05:57 AM
(#14)

i lost all my money.it was a bad day.any advice for future?i made a mistake..or was a unluky hand?

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 05:19 PM
(#15)

What where your reads on villain4?
I like your open raise size on the button!
Sitting on 25bb with our hand I'm going to be getting this hand in vs. a 3bet from the SB any day. Future advice..if we where sitting with a bigger stack size of 100bb+ and depending on villain tendencies tight or loose, flatting the 3bet vs. a tight villain might be the correct line, if they are loose a 4bet jam or re-raise to 4x there sizing is optimal! Nice pot!

What where your reads on the villains involved in the hand?
I'd raise this hand 3x the bb +1bb for each limper.

On the flop and our stack depth of about 20bb, flat calling villain6 is fine there is no need to worry about anything as we have the nut flush draw + top pair 2nd kicker, this will keep all worse Ax in the hand and all bluffs>>semi bluffs(worse flush draws). Nice pot!

What where your reads on villain7?
I'd open for 3x the big blind pre-flop, if we limp in it will invite weaker holdings into the pot at minimal cost and decrease our hand strength/equity...also the pot will not be big enough to set up getting our stack in post flop.

On the flop a bet size of 3/4 pot is good to get value from a worse range of Qx and flush draws.
On the turn, 3/4 pot bet to commit our self on this stack depth.

It is hard to be playing post flop poker on such a short stack of 20bb, usually we will have to get it in with any top pair.

Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours. Let me know once you have received it.

As for your 3rd buy-in you can earn it by:

1.) Earn 10 VIP Player Points (VPPs) at PokerStars $0.01/$0.02 FR NLHE tables and we will automatically release your next buy-in.

2.) If you lose your buy-in before earning the required VPPs, you will need to post the key hands from your losing session in your forum thread. Your PSO instructor will review your play and, where necessary, suggest additional training before sending you back to the tables with your next buy-in.

3.) At any point, you can make a deposit and all remaining buy-ins from the promotion will automatically be released.

Good luck at the tables!

Old
bankroll builder - Thu Dec 06, 2012, 02:15 AM
(#16)
i recived my bankroll.ty very much for advices.

Old
Thu Dec 06, 2012, 03:54 AM
(#17)

what do you think here?it was good to fold?or i have to pay?

Old
bankroll builder - Thu Dec 06, 2012, 04:12 PM
(#18)
i lost all my bankroll.and i need only a poit..or 2 points.a half of day it vas good.but in that night..only bad players..they broke my game..probably i make mystakes too.probably i folded good hand.because they vaas maniacs.this is a hand where i lost a big pot(that player lost a lot of money whit muck hands.and anothers..where i lost whit flush(on hi card) but i cant find them now.i can recive the next bankroll or what i have to do?

Last edited by Stick011; Thu Dec 06, 2012 at 04:33 PM..

Old
Thu Dec 06, 2012, 06:59 PM
(#19)
Hi,

What where your reads on the villains?
With this hand on the button facing a min raise and a call ahead of us, I'd raise it up to 25c. We want to get this pot heads up with 1 or at most 2 of the villains. Trying to play a multi way pot with 4 players greatly decreases our hand strength and we will e faced with difficult decisions post flop.

On the flop, a call is fine as we are correctly priced in.
The turn is an interesting spot, we have an over pair + flush draw.
What range has villain5 been showing down and more importantly how active have they been at the table, have they over bet shoved all-in like that in previous hands at the tale? Answering those questions will determine whether or not we make the call on the turn.

I like your opening size of 8c.
On this stack size of about 40bb on the flop we have to go with it, there are enough Jx in their range(AJ KJ QJ JT J8 J9 ) that they will be getting it in with... unless our reads on the villain are (passive and rarely ever raises) then maybe and that is a huge maybe we might bet fold the flop

Old
bankroll builder - Fri Dec 07, 2012, 06:54 AM
(#20)
so what i have to do now for my bankroll?i can recive or that's all?i posted a hand whit a big loose.and i understand where i make a mistake.i'll hope that i wont repeat.

ty for advices.

Last edited by Stick011; Fri Dec 07, 2012 at 09:47 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com