Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Dec 02, 2012, 11:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
Hi. I was wondering if I am eligible for the offer? I've played before real money, but I never made a deposit yet!!!

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 02:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogilis View Post
Hi. I was wondering if I am eligible for the offer? I've played before real money, but I never made a deposit yet!!!
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 04:36 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Gogilis,

You are eligible for the BankRoll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

These classes are scheduled at different times on different days of the week so you will need to find which day suits your time zone best. Ask the live trainer plenty of questions while you are attending this class.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money, no-limit, tables (full ring)

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 02:22 PM
(#4)
I've attended the live training session. It just finished few minutes ago. What is the next step?

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 03:26 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I've attended the live training session. It just finished few minutes ago. What is the next step?
Hi Gogilis,

Perfect, we can see you on the list of attendees, did you find the session useful?

Next next play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 05:37 PM
(#6)

I think i should not have called it in the first place :/

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 04:40 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I think i should not have called it in the first place :/
Hi Gogilis,

Thanks for posting this hand. I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to review it for you and offer some feedback.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 05:11 PM
(#8)
I noticed in the other threads that I must pass the basic quiz. Well I did that. Still waiting for the hand analyser.

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 11:31 AM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Gogilis!

With QTo from the BB, I get three limpers, a smaller than standard raise, then a min 3-bet and two callers of the 3-bet. While QT can be a very strong hand in the correct situation, IMO, this is not one of them and will muck to this action.

Any of the limpers or the intial raiser can still raise again or stay in the pot and someone could easily have a 10 or Q with a better kicker than me. Also, I'm out of position, so I'll have to act without any information about the opps hands.

All of these are the reasons that I'll muck this hand preflop and look for a better spot when I'm IN position or have a much better hand. Playing too many hands from the blinds by calling raises is one of, if not the largest chips leak that most players have. Due to being out of position, I want to be playing the fewest hands from these two positions at the table.

If I was in the hand, while I do flop top pair, I have absolutely no clue whether my hand is best or not. Due to someone possibly having an open-ended straight draw and having a table full of opps, I'll need to make a pot-sized bet of 640 here in order to price out the straight draws. I don't like having to do this, but it's the only play that I can make that will help me. If I bet less, I get no information about the opps hands AND they get the right odds to try to outdraw me.

The turn brings an ace (which someone can easily have). Anyone that calls my pot-sized bet on the flop should have me beat, so I'm going to check/fold on the turn.

The key for me in this hand is to not be calling with a marginal hand, out of position, preflop.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 11:40 AM
(#10)
Thanks for the tips. I'll keep that in mind next time I play. What is now the next step?? I allready passed the basic quiz.

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 05:44 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks for the tips. I'll keep that in mind next time I play. What is now the next step?? I allready passed the basic quiz.
Hi Gogilis,

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com