Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Default
Bankroll Builder - Sun Dec 02, 2012, 04:41 PM
(#1)
OSettingsO's Avatar
Since: Dec 2012
Posts: 51
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?


I have gone through the courses though , great interesting read
 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 04:13 AM
(#2)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSettingsO View Post
I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 11:03 AM
(#3)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSettingsO View Post
Hi there,
I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?
Hi OSettingsO,

You are eligible for the BankRoll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

These classes are scheduled at different times on different days of the week so you will need to find which day suits your time zone best. Ask the live trainer plenty of questions while you are attending this class.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money, no-limit, tables (full ring)


Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 11:55 AM
(#4)
OSettingsO's Avatar
Since: Dec 2012
Posts: 51
hi there . How does live training works ? I have signed up to some lessons already though . Where do i visit when the time starts for training ?

And oh ya , one more thing . How many lessons must i attend ?


Please kindly advise . Thank you .


Its ok now . I just realised i needed to attend one at a time

Last edited by OSettingsO; Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 12:34 PM..
 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 02:22 PM
(#5)
OSettingsO's Avatar
Since: Dec 2012
Posts: 51
I have attended the first training session already .

During the live training , i could not see any pictures or videos though . Could you kindly assist on that before we proceed on to the next lessons ?

Kindly advice . Thank you .
 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 03:29 PM
(#6)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSettingsO View Post
I have attended the first training session already .
During the live training , i could not see any pictures or videos though . Could you kindly assist on that before we proceed on to the next lessons ?
Kindly advice . Thank you .
Hi OSettingsO,

Perfect, we can see you on the list of attendees, it sounds like a web-browser. For the next live training session please try a different browser. FireFox works best for live training. Make sure that your Adobe Flash Player is up to date also.

Next next play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.


Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Limping Players in Pot . What next post flop ? - Tue Dec 04, 2012, 04:34 AM
(#7)
OSettingsO's Avatar
Since: Dec 2012
Posts: 51
I was patiently awaiting for some hands to play and called a few hands due to pot odds when i got dealt this hand in the bb .

Players were limping in almost every single hand and aggressive bets were only made post flops . When it comes to showdowns , they have shown very poor holdings e.g Q5o etc etc .


Here i flopped a double belly buster and the last player to act overbets the pot . The only draw available was a straight draw and no flush draws of note . I know i was about 32% to win at that stage but when an overbet was made so huge , i wonder if i should call . Turns out he flopped a set and i made my straight on the turn .

Advice please .

After this hand , i was about to stop when i got another playable hand on the button so i thought i'll upload this hand as well in the next reply .


 
Old
Default
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 04:38 AM
(#8)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSettingsO View Post
I was patiently awaiting for some hands to play and called a few hands due to pot odds when i got dealt this hand in the bb .
Advice please .
Hi OSettingsO,

Thanks for posting this hand. I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to review it for you and offer some feedback.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Still on same table . Punishing limpers - Tue Dec 04, 2012, 04:40 AM
(#9)
OSettingsO's Avatar
Since: Dec 2012
Posts: 51
Right after the last hand of double belly buster , i had AQs on the button . Limping has been going on for some time and i wanted to punish the limpers . As we were fairly deep stacked , i wanted to build a pot post flop in case i hit a strong made hand . (Top pair top kicker)

Flop came and i got what i needed . Bet about 2/3 of pot and a call was made . Villian was prob on J10 or KJ or floating about .

Turn came and i had trips now which is a monster at this stage . Flush draw had just appeared and i wanted to build more money in the pot .

If i continued to bet the normal 3/4 size pot , i would have betted almost 50% of my stack left . So i decided to move all in .

Right move ?


Last edited by OSettingsO; Tue Dec 04, 2012 at 06:04 AM..
 
Old
Default
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 02:11 PM
(#10)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,788
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi OSettingsO!

With AQs from the button, I would make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so with 2 limpers, I'll raise to 10. I keep all of my bets standard so that the opp does not know what my cards are, as I'll always make the same bet.

The flop gives me top pair/top kicker and when it's checked to me, I'll make my standard value bet of 1/2 pot (20) here. Once again I'm keeping my bets standard, to help conceal my hand.

The turn gives me trips and once again when the opp checks to me, I will make a 1/2 pot bet (44). By making a large overbet, it basically turns the cards over saying that you have a queen. This way, the opp will fold all the worse hands and only call with a hand that has a Q beat. It's what is called 'value owning' yourself and is a play that I do not want to make. By betting 1/2 pot, if the opp wants to stay with two pair or a flush or straight draw.. so be it, as they are making a call where they will expect to LOSE chips on average each and every time.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)


Super-Moderator



6 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 02:23 PM
(#11)
OSettingsO's Avatar
Since: Dec 2012
Posts: 51
Some questions here .

I made it 4BB + 1BB which got me to 12 .

In cash games you make it 3 times ? What about tournaments ?

Right now , i'm making it 4BB on raising at the moment .

On the flop , i thought my bet was a normal cbet .

On the turn , half pot bet ? I think u're giving them a chance to outdraw you ? I wont know what to do on the river if some funny card comes . Besides , i have not defined their hands properly yet .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi OSettingsO!

With AQs from the button, I would make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so with 2 limpers, I'll raise to 10. I keep all of my bets standard so that the opp does not know what my cards are, as I'll always make the same bet.

The flop gives me top pair/top kicker and when it's checked to me, I'll make my standard value bet of 1/2 pot (20) here. Once again I'm keeping my bets standard, to help conceal my hand.

The turn gives me trips and once again when the opp checks to me, I will make a 1/2 pot bet (44). By making a large overbet, it basically turns the cards over saying that you have a queen. This way, the opp will fold all the worse hands and only call with a hand that has a Q beat. It's what is called 'value owning' yourself and is a play that I do not want to make. By betting 1/2 pot, if the opp wants to stay with two pair or a flush or straight draw.. so be it, as they are making a call where they will expect to LOSE chips on average each and every time.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)
 
Old
Default
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 02:36 PM
(#12)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,788
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi OSettingsO!

At cash tables, I use 3BB+1BB for each limper as my standard (unless I'm at much higher stakes, then I'll lower it to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper.

For tourneys, I use 3BB+1BB for each limper to start. Lower it to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper at 100/200. Then lower it again to 2.2BB+1BB for each limper at 1k/2k.

Flop and turn bets for me are based on the number of opps in the hand and also the board texture. 1/2 pot is my standard, but depending on the number of opps or the board texture, I may have to up that to 2/3, 3/4 or a pot-sized bet. The reason for this is that I want to try to always give the opps the wrong odds to call to outdraw me, as I want them to make a -EV play anytime they call.

A 1/2 pot bet will always give a heads-up opp the wrong odds to draw to a gutshot straight, open-ended straight or flush. Calling a 1/2 pot bet will give the opp 25% pot equity, so if they do not have 13+ outs, it's a bad play for them to call.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)


Super-Moderator



6 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 03:08 PM
(#13)
OSettingsO's Avatar
Since: Dec 2012
Posts: 51
Thanks for the advice . I guess my bet sizing needs to be re-determined . I'll try to make it 3x for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi OSettingsO!

At cash tables, I use 3BB+1BB for each limper as my standard (unless I'm at much higher stakes, then I'll lower it to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper.

For tourneys, I use 3BB+1BB for each limper to start. Lower it to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper at 100/200. Then lower it again to 2.2BB+1BB for each limper at 1k/2k.

Flop and turn bets for me are based on the number of opps in the hand and also the board texture. 1/2 pot is my standard, but depending on the number of opps or the board texture, I may have to up that to 2/3, 3/4 or a pot-sized bet. The reason for this is that I want to try to always give the opps the wrong odds to call to outdraw me, as I want them to make a -EV play anytime they call.

A 1/2 pot bet will always give a heads-up opp the wrong odds to draw to a gutshot straight, open-ended straight or flush. Calling a 1/2 pot bet will give the opp 25% pot equity, so if they do not have 13+ outs, it's a bad play for them to call.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)
 
Old
Default
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 03:26 PM
(#14)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSettingsO View Post
Thanks for the advice . I guess my bet sizing needs to be re-determined . I'll try to make it 3x for now
Hi OSettingsO,

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

If you have already passed the Poker Basic Quiz please check back this time tomorrow and we'll advise on the next step.

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 05:32 PM
(#15)
OSettingsO's Avatar
Since: Dec 2012
Posts: 51
I have taken the quiz and passed .

Kindly advice what happens next . Thanks .
 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 04:21 AM
(#16)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,019
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSettingsO View Post
I have taken the quiz and passed .
Hi OSettingsO,

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Good luck!

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 04:48 AM
(#17)
OSettingsO's Avatar
Since: Dec 2012
Posts: 51
Buy in received . Will start playing and see how it goes .

Thanks for the promotion
 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 05:07 AM
(#18)
OSettingsO's Avatar
Since: Dec 2012
Posts: 51
Any response on this hand ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSettingsO View Post
I was patiently awaiting for some hands to play and called a few hands due to pot odds when i got dealt this hand in the bb .

Players were limping in almost every single hand and aggressive bets were only made post flops . When it comes to showdowns , they have shown very poor holdings e.g Q5o etc etc .


Here i flopped a double belly buster and the last player to act overbets the pot . The only draw available was a straight draw and no flush draws of note . I know i was about 32% to win at that stage but when an overbet was made so huge , i wonder if i should call . Turns out he flopped a set and i made my straight on the turn .

Advice please .

After this hand , i was about to stop when i got another playable hand on the button so i thought i'll upload this hand as well in the next reply .


 
Old
Default
Just sat down and got this in sb - Wed Dec 05, 2012, 05:10 AM
(#19)
OSettingsO's Avatar
Since: Dec 2012
Posts: 51
Noticed that he's playing lots of hands and got this in sb .
Player seems pretty loose so far .

Right fold ?


Last edited by OSettingsO; Wed Dec 05, 2012 at 05:12 AM..
 
Old
Default
I gave up easily in this hand - Wed Dec 05, 2012, 05:50 AM
(#20)
OSettingsO's Avatar
Since: Dec 2012
Posts: 51
Haven played with UTG caller much so i put him on a pair after he called my raise .

Not sure what UTG + 1 had as we had tangled a little bit already . He keeps limping in pots .

Should i have Cbet flop to take it down ?

End up they didnt have much of a holding

 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com