Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Another hand.

Old
Another hand. - Sun Dec 02, 2012, 06:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

I seem to pay people off with hands like these way too often.

Should I have raised/folded rather than check called post flop? Obviously I should of folded to the turn bet.

Last edited by Guyguyson; Sun Dec 02, 2012 at 06:57 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 04:24 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2012
SilverStar
Its always hard to tell in a spot like this against a clearly inexperienced player who is limping under the gun and is using a very poor standard of bet sizing.

I personally don't like your raise size pre flop, he is calling with any two for 6 cents so all you are doing is giving someone the chance to win a slightly bigger pot if they draw out on you. I like a raise of between 8-13 cents in this spot, or just a limp in knowing you can out play him post flop or get away cheaply.

After raising I think I may have even c-bet that flop seeing as there is only one over card and he isn't going to have two clubs very often.
As to the line you took I think I would have called the flop and turn but I think I would have found the fold on the river. The line he has taken just doesn't seem like a spot where he has the capability to be bluffing , almost ever in that spot and with a nearly pot sized bet, he'd have to be bluffing half the time for it to be a profitable call which seems very , very unlikely. Hope this helps

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 05:16 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2011
My line would bi raise 8-10 cents then c-bet 50% od the pot and if he does not fold then i would not give a cent more in the pot.

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 08:16 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2012
My preflop bet was just an oversight on my part, I acted too quickly and forgot to adjust my bet size. I usually raise 3bb+1 for every limper.

Thanks for the advice, I figured a c-bet would of been the better option.
I need to work on how I think about the game and take a little extra time to consider all the options when faced with situations where i'm unsure.

Luckily a few hands after I posted this the guy shoved a pair of 7's against my pocket queens and gave me all my money back.

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 12:07 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Guy,

I agree with the other responders. C-bet the flop but if he calls then his range will be largely better made hands and club draws, and I would slow down after that.

As played I also agree with calling the turn bet which is less than half the pot, but the river bet is very likely for value and not a bluff nearly often enough to call it off.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com