Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

What do you think about these hands

Old
What do you think about these hands - Mon Dec 03, 2012, 04:08 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
BronzeStar

Were these just "bad luck" situations, or did I play poorly?
Please let me know your thoughts

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 04:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
**moved to a more appropriate forum**

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
another - Mon Dec 03, 2012, 04:24 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
This one really hurt, because it was at a regional tournament, 27 places paid, with it I ended 28th.
I didn't shove pre-flop, because at this particular table, a lot of people played loose and I was cautious, didn't want a caller with A2 or A3 to flop an Ace and end my tourney life,so close to the bubble.
After flop, with no Ace on the board, I thought it's time for my move. I think I wouldn't call in my opponent's place but he did.

Well? What do you think? Is this a "bad beat" or a poor play on my side?

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 07:35 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi PsychoVas,

Ouch alot of bad beats here.

I can't read too much into each situation with the style of the tourney and any reads you have.

AQ hand. 6x is a big raise, the jam on the flop looks pretty fishy, I think you're fine calling off here.

AA hand. I like reopening the betting rather than flat calling. You could have made it a little smaller i think. But 2400 is fine also.

KJo hand. I think you should open it if you ant to play it rather than limp. It's a big bet on the flop with only middle pair, I wouldn't mind just folding here, although unlikley villian has an Ace. nut flush draw semi bluff is good after he checks.

KK hand. You actually get more protection moving allin preflop i think and making him fold most of his weak Aces. If he calls with a A then you are still in great shape to win and doubling up gives you a better shot at big money rather than a min cash. Only time I might call behind to see flop would be a satellite where the min cash is the same as a win. But then depending on stacks you might just fold KK preflop.

In terms of the run bad. Don't worry one day you'll be on the other end

Cheers
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 06:14 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Thanks a lot Andy. Very helpful analysis

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com