Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

evaluate please

Old
evaluate please - Mon Dec 03, 2012, 11:21 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

i was readless on villian 5 but villian 2 was very loose passive vpip 59 over 120 hands. Anyway im unsure about the way i played my straight draw i tend to be very agro with flush and str. draws exspecially in pos. goin for free cards ect. BUT im running soo bad im loseing too much when i cant seem to ever hit

Last edited by quirked; Mon Dec 03, 2012 at 11:25 PM..

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 10:15 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi quirked,

In your read of V5 you say "passive" but the only stat given is a loose/tight indicator (vpip), no aggression stats... it's relevant imo because he is playing both preflop and on the flop in an aggressive manner, which coming from a passive player means real strength. If that's the case, plus a 3rd party showing interest on the flop, I'm not optimistic about getting free cards generally. (Actually it's a half price card when it works... paying an extra half a big bet on the flop to avoid paying a full big bet on the turn). In the case of this hand I don't mind the aggressive raise on the flop depending on your reads on V2... if he donk leads weak hands (like worse than top pair) routinely then a raise may get V5 out if he doesn't like the flop and increase our equity to either win without a fight or possibly add pair outs. When V5 reraises and V2 calls, I don't like putting in the 4th bet here. It's pretty clear we won't win uncontested later in this hand (hardly ever), we'll need to improve. With 2 opponents contesting this pot, an 8 out draw that's not the nut draw, and quite possible some of our outs fouled, adding more bets is -ev. Definitely we are getting a +EV price to call with the size of the pot now, and call the turn, but on this betting round money individually it's not profitable to put the 4th bet in. And I would not expect to get a free turn card here, luckily the button let us off the hook and gave one... if it were me in position with KK I would bet 100% of the time after you check to me, the play just screams draw imo. But against a player who's playing 59% of their hands it's unlikely they are going to recognize this.

Also just a note, I generally don't limp behind a limper preflop here, with no reads I would raise to isolate them or fold, J9o I just fold readless.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 02:17 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
thanks Dave for takeing the time!! V5 was readless the original limper is the loose passive V2. Great stuff my limp behind was a move im glad u touched on it does seem when i get a limper i give myself a green light to get in there with marginal off suit crap will try to plug this thank u!!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com