Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

Anger Management ?

Old
Anger Management ? - Tue Dec 04, 2012, 05:00 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Hi I'm fairly new to the poker school but have been playing poker live and online for a long time. One thing I hate about the game is the abuse you get from other players when you give them a bad beat or knock them out of a tourney (they even keep on going on about it as an observer from the rail once knocked out)
I will like EVERY POKER PLAYER will try to steal pots and get lucky, call out of position and win, go all in on a draw and hit !!! That's poker isn't it ?
Call me a DONK if you want, but don't insult my intelligence or my family or my status in life cos you lose a hand to me.
Some things that are said are very hurtful and insulting, even if it is done by an anonymous person.
I seriously think some people here should have anger management classes ? and maybe people who read this will recognize certain people who this applies too ?
Is there ? like in a live venue any way of getting the people who do this suspended for a while or a yellow card system to stop this behavior ?
Next time I may well try and copy and paste the convo (not sure if I can do it) and if there is a route to report it I will.
Remember everyone gets bad beats, close the table click on lobby and find a another game, don't give it the "big I am" how dare you beat me.
See you at the tables and if I knock you out or get lucky remember that is poker and you have the same luck too.
Maybe a general reminder of behavior towards other players from the people who run the school would not go amiss ?
EngelsNick

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 05:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi EngelsNick,

I completely agree with you, a little bit of courtesy and manners goes a long way in this world.

If it happens at a PokerStars table and you are unhappy call one of the chat moderators.

If it happened in the PSO Home Game club please send me the Hand History chat via PM only and I will investigate.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 05:21 PM
(#3)
It didn't happen today, but if it happens in the future I will let you know
good luck at the tables

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 05:53 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2010
il admit im one of them and i dont care when its your hard earned money etc getting donked by morons who cant play poker that call any 2 cards and laugh at you etc then i think you will find im entitled to call them a donk or what ever i want to say well lets get it right i did pay after all calling familys is out of order etc but donk tard what ever isnt

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 07:04 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
I quickly got fed up with it,shortly after joining.
I find no benefit to it,anyways,and long ago decided to just shut down the annoying popups,and turn chat off.
They can say whatever they want now.
Of course,if I ever final table a significent tournament,I might turn it on for the chance at making a deal,if I'm so lucky!

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 07:07 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Also there's the option to right-click on their avatar and hide their chat.

If they want to chat away to themselves that's fine

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 07:21 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
i find being called out for a "bad play" to be funny as hell, as most people doing so are usually the ones who need lessons, and just because they don't understand a play i made, doesn't necessarily make it donkish or stupid or me a moron or,me a fish or ,or, etc. and you know what? sometimes i do make bad plays that go amazingly right. sh** happens in poker. i find i catch more flies with honey than vinegar. when someone sucks out or makes a play i find stupid or whatever i make a point of saying nice hand so they're more likely to continue to make those bad decisions the next time we meet up. mr. Caro says just root for your opponent to win when they got it in bad against you. that way if they do suck out you were rooting for the winner and when they don't suck out, you get the consolation prize..... the pot. works for me.

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 07:35 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Also there's the option to right-click on their avatar and hide their chat.

If they want to chat away to themselves that's fine

Raiser
yep

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 07:30 AM
(#9)
Yep being called a Donk, fish, moron etc is part of the game. I smile if I make a bluff (not often ) laugh when I see people winning with A 2 os after raising under the gun when I have K K , calling for backdoor straight draws / flushes and getting there when I've made 2 pairs ect.
Its just the out of order stuff that gets my goat! I had 1 guy (not in a poker school game) give out loads of personal abuse at me (and others) that happened to beat him ? I don't think he was Phil Ivey so why did he act like he was one of the best poker players ever ? and think I should never of contested the hands he was in ?
I like the chat to be on because you can make "friends" and as has previously been said congratulate people on making a good call, fold, raise, saying what cards they were playing ect so the chat is not always negative,
While playing in the PCA survivor tourny I kept being put on the same table as the same person every time the next stage was played, so we had a laugh and a joke as well as the odd bit of FRIENDLY abuse, I finished 43rd in the Weekly Final he went on to win it and is off to the Caribbean lucky bugger. but through chatting on those occasions next time we meet up I'm sure we'll "chat" again.
So have a laugh, keep it friendly, I'll keep the chat on just to keep up with how people talk about hands / and how / what they are playing.
I know its not nice to loose (especially money) BUT remember everyone gets lucky !! and you will not play good poker if your on TILT !!
Good luck at the tables to all

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 07:33 AM
(#10)

Good luck, chat to you on the final table one day 70 / 30 split in my favor ??

Old
holding my hands up - Wed Dec 05, 2012, 03:12 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
i do believe i am one of them morons you spoke of and cant apolagise enough to anyone who has been on recieving end of my keyboard warrior blow ups,even as im typing my brain is saying stop but fingers will not respond .am embarassed by some of my rants towards other players and the site .would never ever speak to anyone in the manner i have done.love the game love the site .hope to see you at a big final table in future and say nh no matter what way the hands plays out.nobody should have to put up with it ...

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 03:35 PM
(#12)
Hi allforeli,

Welcome to the Pokerschoolonline. Here is an overview of the site that will help you get to know the place a bit better.

When you do get sucked out on try not to be so results orientated, remember that you got your money in good and in the long term that play will make you money.

Good luck at the tables

Oliver.

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Thu Dec 06, 2012, 04:33 AM
(#13)
HaHa Allforeli the name doesn't ring any bells but I'll keep my eyes out for you and have my earplugs at the ready and my finger hovering over the ignore button

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com