Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Lightbulb
Bankroll Builder - Tue Dec 04, 2012, 05:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
New to Pokerstars good luck all.

Old
Tue Dec 04, 2012, 06:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TAR5 View Post
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 10:49 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi 5TAR5,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Live training - Wed Dec 05, 2012, 03:53 PM
(#4)
Hi Paul,
I attended one of the live training sessions last night Tue.
With Chewme1 Bet sizing.
Thanks

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 05:02 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Paul,
I attended one of the live training sessions last night Tue.
With Chewme1 Bet sizing.
Thanks
Hi 5TAR5,

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. It's important that you do the steps after you were asked and not before.

Doing the steps before you were asked will only delay the process and may mean you miss out on some bonuses.

I only need you to attend one class for now, the 'Getting Started' class.

Use the time while attending these classes wisely, for example prepare some questions to ask the live trainer while you are there, it's a great way to learn.

Post back after you have attended 'Getting Started' and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Getting started - Wed Dec 05, 2012, 06:25 PM
(#6)
Hi Paul,
Have just finished tonights getting started training session.
Thanks

Old
Thu Dec 06, 2012, 06:34 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Paul,
Have just finished tonights getting started training session.
Thanks
Perfect, yes we can see that you attended. Did you find the session useful?

Next up please play some play money tables, full-ring, 9-handed only. Make sure the tables are full, that is, no empty seats.

Post a hand that you found difficult with here in this thread using the Hand Replayer.

Here is a video on how to use the Hand Replayer.

Once you post your hand for review we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
A pair of 5's before the flop - Thu Dec 06, 2012, 04:30 PM
(#8)

As the title, I folded 55 before the flop and had i played them i would have lost to a straight that was playing against KK.

Thanks, Yes I love the Pokerstars video sessions they are the missing poker jigsaw pieces that I've needed to complete the poker puzzle.

I'm getting use to the application and am slowly starting to enjoy myself since changing my betting to Pokerstars. Winning helps lol even though it's only play money.

Last edited by 5TAR5; Thu Dec 06, 2012 at 04:34 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 07, 2012, 06:09 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 5TAR5!

With two limpers and a min-raise in front of me, since I have a deep enough stack (15BB+), I will call behind to try to setmine with 55.
The opp to my left then raises from 20 to 1080?! and is called by one player. Since the best case for me would be to be facing 4 overcards (and worst case would be an overpair), I'm going to muck 55 here preflop.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Nice one - Fri Dec 07, 2012, 07:52 PM
(#10)
Hi John, Thank you for the sound advice.

Old
Sat Dec 08, 2012, 06:03 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi John, Thank you for the sound advice.
Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

When you have passed the Poker Basic quiz please let us know and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Congratulations! You have passed the Assessment Quiz - Sat Dec 08, 2012, 09:02 AM
(#12)
Congratulations! You have passed the Assessment Quiz
You have answered 11 questions correctly (73%). You might want to read the "Poker Hand Rankings", "Entering the Pot", "Calculating Outs" lessons again.

Old
Sat Dec 08, 2012, 07:48 PM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Congratulations! You have passed the Assessment Quiz
You have answered 11 questions correctly (73%). You might want to read the "Poker Hand Rankings", "Entering the Pot", "Calculating Outs" lessons again.
Hi 5TAR5,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com