Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL Zoom River Large Bet

Old
25NL Zoom River Large Bet - Wed Dec 05, 2012, 03:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain's a regular, 29/26, AF: 5.6 over 131 hands. Flop FCB: 67% (3), turn FCB: 0% (1). So fairly loose aggressive.

Had planned to check-call the river for 3 streets of value. But didn't expect him to bet this large. Probably indicating he made a flush, or has at least 2 pairs.

Was thinking should we bet-fold the river in case he doesn't bet with worse hands? And in this case, is the call against this villain type justifiable? Does Pokerstove come into use here?

Last edited by TheAwesomeNW; Wed Dec 05, 2012 at 06:23 AM..

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 08:35 AM
(#2)
SilverStar
Personally I would bet the river 100% of the time and then maybe find a fold if I get raised big. What happened?

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 10:29 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey Awesome

This is one of the reasons bet/folding the river for value is better than check/calling. Another is that our opponent can check back a lot of hands that would otherwise call a bet. Think of hands like AT and AQ. He can certainly check these back a high % of the time, but would be able to call a bet should we put it out there.

Once we do check though, it should be to check call almost any size less than pot and I think this qualifies. There are still some draws that missed and as you point out villain can be value betting worse hands, mostly two pairs but there are worse flopped sets that he might not have raised flop, then been reticent to raise turn with. So we have painted ourselves into a bit of a corner in terms of ever folding to this size. He didn't raise the turn, it is worth noting, which makes some of his flushes less likely.

As played I call, but I would prefer a bet/fold on the river for something like 6.50$.

Make sense?

Old
Thu Dec 06, 2012, 05:16 AM
(#4)
Thanks! Was actually one of the spots I was thinking if we can triple barrel for max value. Was worried about value-owning myself cos of the third diamond.

He had Ad8d, turned nut flush. Will take note of his slowplay. Bet-fold on the river should be more profitable in the long run

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com