Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl Zoom - AQs in the SB, monotone flop. Should I cbet?

Old
5nl Zoom - AQs in the SB, monotone flop. Should I cbet? - Wed Dec 05, 2012, 11:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
No reads or stats on either villain and I can't remember ( or I maybe didn't check) how many tables they were playing.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Pre flop I think is pretty standard. I'm OOP with a value hand; against someone who seems weak as they just open limped on the button. I make it 5x and get called by the BB and the limper.

I whiff the flop pretty hard and I'm unsure if I should cbet here. I'm OOP multiway and have very few (if any) goods cards I can fire a second barrel on. I don't think I get many better hands to fold, some small PP's will fold. Also I don't have a made hand that I need to protect from the FD so should i just check hoping for it to check round and fold to a bet?

Thanks for any help

Oliver

Follow me on: Twitter

Last edited by Croyd93; Wed Dec 05, 2012 at 01:44 PM..

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 01:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
The limper folded, didn't he? You just have the BB to get thru. Typically, I c-bet monotone flops when heads up, because it's hard for villain to call unless he has the draw or a made hand. Your c-bet success rate will usually be very high on mono flops and half pot is often enough to take it down. If villain calls, then I give up, as I have so little equity.
If you check, then villain can bluff you off your hand, so make a stab at it and force him to make a decision. Don't give him a free card just yet!

Old
Wed Dec 05, 2012, 01:45 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
Ooops, you're right the limper did fold. I think that does make my decision a bit easier indeed, would you still cbet if multiway?

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Thu Dec 06, 2012, 01:40 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I generally dont like cbetting OOP with zero- or close-to-zero-equity hands, but in this case I think a one-and-done bluff should be ok against 1 player. Monotone boards are scary even to weak made hands without the correct suit and it's worth defending the 5bb deadmoney you put in there preflop with a cheap cbet bluff. Against two callers I would xf.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com