Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Dec 05, 2012, 06:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
hi, i'm kinda new here. i have never made a deposit into my account. do i qualify?

Old
Thu Dec 06, 2012, 06:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_pepperQ View Post
hi, i'm kinda new here. i have never made a deposit into my account. do i qualify?
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 06, 2012, 10:31 PM
(#3)
thank you

Old
Fri Dec 07, 2012, 06:23 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 02:14 PM
(#5)
i have done the starter lesson. what is next.
Dr_pepperQ

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 06:25 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
i have done the starter lesson. what is next.
Dr_pepperQ
Perfect, yes we can see that you attended. Did you find the session useful?

Next up please play some play money tables, full-ring, 9-handed only. Make sure the tables are full, that is, no empty seats.

Post a hand that you found difficult with here in this thread using the Hand Replayer.

Here is a video on how to use the Hand Replayer.

Once you post your hand for review we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
hand replayer hands. - Wed Dec 26, 2012, 04:02 PM
(#7)
this first hand i had a bit of a problem with.

this second hand i was wondering if you think i could have played this better.

Thank you for your input.
Dr_pepperQ

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 05:01 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Dr_pepperQ!

With a small pair on the button, when the opps in front of me limp, I'm going to limp behind and hope to flop a 3. If raising would get all but 1 opp to fold, that would be an ok option too and I'd raise to 10 (3BB+1BB for each limper). The overwhelming majority of the time, I'll limp behind though.

The flop misses my set and when the opps check to me, I'm going to check behind for pot control.
The turn is another overcard and when the opps bet and call in front of me, I'm going to muck. One of them most likely has a pair, which means that I only have 2 outs to improve.

-----------

With JTo there is a raise and two calls in front of me. This is not a strong enough hand to be playing in this situation, so I'm going to muck it preflop. If all the opps before me folded, then I'd make a standard raise to 3BB, but with the opps raising and calling the raise, I'm mucking.

On the flop, I want to raise whatever amount I think the opp will call. Same for every bet after it... I'll bet what I think they will call.

However, with the action in front of me, while this flop is VERY lucky for me, I'll lose chips on average when playing JT in this situation, which is why I would not want to play it.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 10:03 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thank you for your input.
Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

When you have passed the Poker Basic quiz please let us know and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 01:25 PM
(#10)
I have done the course and the quiz.... i learned a lot more that i thought i knew.

Dr_pepperQ

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 03:35 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have done the course and the quiz.... i learned a lot more that i thought i knew.
Dr_pepperQ
Hi Dr_pepperQ,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 06:40 PM
(#12)
i have recieved the money and will start to play. thank you.

Dr_pepperQ

Last edited by Dr_pepperQ; Fri Dec 28, 2012 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: changed what i put

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 11:42 AM
(#13)
well i busted out... my buy in is gone, here's the hand that did it. I had just taken a really hard hit to my chip stack the hand before. i was playing the whole game real tight, only playing high cards/ pairs, but then this happened.

would love feed back, i am thinking i should have played this slower.

Dr_pepperQ

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 03:23 PM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
well i busted out... my buy in is gone, here's the hand that did it. I had just taken a really hard hit to my chip stack the hand before. i was playing the whole game real tight, only playing high cards/ pairs, but then this happened.

would love feed back, i am thinking i should have played this slower.

Dr_pepperQ
Hi Dr_pepperQ

We don't want to open shove any hand in this situation. If you have a monster such as AA or KK, you are normally losing value by shoving simply because you won't get called very often. If you have a decent hand, but not a monster, such as your 99, shoving all in creates a situation in which you get value owned. This means that the hands you are beating normally fold, whereas only the hands that are beating you will call.

Stick to playing tight aggressive poker

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 07:30 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
well i busted out...
The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thumbs up
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 10:43 AM
(#16)
i have done the bet sizing training, what is next?

Dr_pepperQ

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 12:13 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
i have done the bet sizing training, what is next?

Dr_pepperQ
Hi Dr_pepperQ,

Perfect, how did you find the session? Did you learn anything from it and if so what?

Next Step

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 05:43 PM
(#18)
i love taking the lessons cause i find i learn a little more that i didnt know before. i am learning that i was too loose of a player with my starting hands. i took the cash game course/ quiz.... i only ogt 69% so i guess i have to go bac and try again at a later date seeing as a pass is 70%. i do know where i went wrong in the quiz cause i put an answer went to go on to the next question and realized that i had put the wrong answer. hope to be playing again soon.

Dr_pepperQ

Old
Thu Jan 10, 2013, 05:51 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
No worries

That quiz is tough enough, let me know when you pass it.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 13, 2013, 12:55 PM
(#20)
i retook the test and passed with 86%. what is my next step?

Dr_pepperQ

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com