Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL Zoom Small pair vs Small Cbet

Old
25NL Zoom Small pair vs Small Cbet - Fri Dec 07, 2012, 05:13 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain 5 was 30/30, AF: 8.0 over 11 hands. No stats on him postflop.

Small cbet on the flop made it very tempting to make the call. But with 1 player behind us, is this an easy fold? Turn he fired a second barrel <1/2 pot.

I feel that his line doesn't make sense. An overpair from 66 to TT would have fired larger on the flop. Small flop cbet makes it seem like 2 overcards that missed. On the turn, I really don't know what that small bet means. Bluffing with broadways which missed? Had a PP from 66 to TT?

Put on Pokerstove his range as 66 to JJ, all the broadways, on the turn we're only 36% underdog to win. Think it's a fold. But due to his weak line, I felt like raising on the turn to rep the Queen.

What should we have done this hand?

Old
Fri Dec 07, 2012, 05:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi TANW,

Preflop and flop call are fine and pretty standard. I would actually call again on the turn. His bet sizing is still relatively small (less than half the pot) and the Q is a good barrel card for his air range, so he can be firing again with missed ace highs. I don't like raising as a default because we are probably only getting worse hands like those missed ace highs to fold, and if he picked up a spade draw he could reraise us off the best hand on this depth of money. I doubt he's folding pocket pairs to a raise as it's not really believable we have a Q either, so if that's your plan you will have to fire a sizable river barrel as well and I just don't think this spot is worth that kind of risk (no guarantee he'll fold that either readless... 11 hands is basically readless if you haven't seen any showdowns from the villain yet).

I will generally call the turn here, and fold to a sizable river bet, probably call another small bet. I think if he's barreling the Q with a miss he's likely to check and give up on the end after being called twice. If the river is another good barrel card like another broadway, I'll lean more towards calling down. If it's a small card and he barrels the river, I'll lean more towards folding.

Hope this helps.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com