Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

dumb fold?

Old
dumb fold? - Fri Dec 07, 2012, 05:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi i was quite deep in the johnathon ross freeroll i was guaranteed £75 but close to the next level which was £90.
after the tourny i looked back at this hand and weighed things up and im pretty sure i would not do this again and dont think others would either.
so please someone give me your views.
thanks.

Old
Fri Dec 07, 2012, 07:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
To me it depends on how much I invested. If the 75 is 3x+ my investment I would have shoved AK, but if the extra 15 (90) is what it takes to get 3x my investment then I can wait. I see a few shortys on your table so I would assume there are enough players with -1BB to 2BB+ that will get knocked out soon enough.

Old
Fri Dec 07, 2012, 09:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
To me, this is a clear shove spot.. your on 8 bbs and have the best drawing hand in holdem. You (may) move up a spot or two folding here, but this is a freeroll and is pure profit either way. I don't think you can sit on your hands at this point and hope to eek up the ladder. Your in the money, and its time to go for the win! You cant get there by passing up spots like this.
Well there's my 2 cents.

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Old
Fri Dec 07, 2012, 10:23 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
Thankyou guys for your comments
Joker i entered a tourny for a £1 and won a ticket to play in this so yes i was already on a lot of profit.
mtnestegg after thinking about the hand i realise it was a dumb fold as i was already in nice profit and for the sake of £15 more i denied myself of moving into 3rd on the leaderboard and being in a position to try and win the tourny,so i decided if i ever am in this position again id be allin no question about it.
i ended up going allin with 99 v kj and he hit k i finished 16th and got £90 i was chuffed with that but could of been so much better.
it has been bugging me all day that i folded lol but i will learn by my mistakes (hopefully).
well thanks again guys and good luck.

Old
Fri Dec 07, 2012, 03:17 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi JokerAce68!

With just under 8BB, there is a standard raise, then a 3-bet that would put me all-in. While I'd prefer to be up against only one opp, I'm going to call in this situation. I need to accumulate chips to try to make a final table run and while AK isn't a made hand, it is a hand that I'd be willing to go with here.

Congrats on cashing in the tourney.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com