readless and i just didnt know what to do - Sat Dec 08, 2012, 07:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

Old
Sat Dec 08, 2012, 05:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Stack to pot ratio going to the flop was over 10, therefore the first thing I am thinking is that I do NOT want to lose my entire stack on any 1 pair hand without a read. This also means that stacks are deep enough that I really do not have to think about super early commitment decisions...

Lacking info means I cannot assess what my opp may or may not have very well, but I can judge how deeply invested I am getting, and also how my holding stands relative to the absolute nut hand on the board.

As played, your line seems quite good, as it kept the pot a bit smaller when you were donk led into, but when you faced a 2nd weak bet, you tested the opp. With a read I think I might have been willing to try to let him fire a 3rd bullet (at least some of the time), but lacking that red I think I far prefer testing his resolve before the river.

Last edited by JDean; Sat Dec 08, 2012 at 05:55 PM..

Old
Sun Dec 09, 2012, 01:28 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey quirked

I like the way you played this hand.

On the flop our opponent seems to want some money to go in and we are not going to be sure how to react to a re-raise should we raise and face one. So for that reason, perhaps the fact that we will likely have to fold versus a raise, I like your decision to just call.

We get a decent turn card, there are certainly many worse turn cards. Then our opponent repeats his bet size. I think this is key. If he really wanted to put that much money into the pot we would expect him to bet larger.

So on this turn we can also benefit from protecting our hand and getting value from worse one pair hands, so I think the raise was in order. The only comment I might add is that we could perhaps make it larger than we did, by a couple big blinds.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com