Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Sun Dec 09, 2012, 12:13 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
Hi. Id like to sign up for the bankroll builder promotion.

Thanks!

Old
Sun Dec 09, 2012, 02:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 09, 2012, 06:30 AM
(#3)
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money NL 9-max tables (full ring) and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

Old
Sun Dec 09, 2012, 05:11 PM
(#4)
Hi Cannon,

Thanks! I tried registering for training, but it didnt work. I tried it on my ipad. Should i try again on my PC?

Old
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 02:20 AM
(#5)
Hi,

Yes please try again to attend a Getting Started Live Training session. It's an important part of the Bank Roll Builder training.

Old
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 04:57 PM
(#6)
Hi again,

I took part in todays daily game. Was very helpful!

As soon as i am in a hand im not sure about, ill post you the link for it. Will try to doit tonight.

Old
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 05:26 PM
(#7)
Hi again,

I attended the getting started tutorial at 5pm ET today.

Also, here's a hand I wasn't sure about:

I got 7's to start with, and at the end I was worried someone had an ace or 8. Should I have checked and see if anyone bet, rather than putting the bet down, or was I right to try to scare them off the pot like that? If anyone had an 8 I would also have been toast haha! I would have lost 22 chips, 20% of my stack at the time.

thanks,
hulew

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 06:10 PM
(#8)
Was there anything else i needed to do?

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:30 AM
(#9)
Hi,

What where your reads on the villains? I understand that is a hand at a play money game(in which the majority of player will be loose).

With 77 I'd raise to about 12bb to isolate the EP limpers.
But in this situation (playmoney) there are so many players that called our big raise pre-flop that the only optimal line to take post flop is check>>call or check>>fold as there is such a wide range of hands that can easily connect with this board texture (A8 K8 Q8 J8 T8 98 87 86 85 84, A2 A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 A9 AT+,).

On the turn we had an inside straight draw, we should check instead of bet..we do not want to charge our self to draw to 6outs (maybe less) in a multi way pot OOP.

On the river pretty much the same line as the turn.^ It will save us a lot of chips in the long run.

The main question that we need to ask our self on the turn and river, "what range are we trying to get value from"?

Please take the Basic Assessment Quiz, this is your next stage. Once you have passed the quiz, let me know and your 1st Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you!

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 10:42 PM
(#10)
Well, I was worried that one of the callers had an ace or an 8. When no-one called, I figured noone had an ace, but there might be an 8 out there - and that the villan didnt bet as he was worried about the ace. I also saw that there was a possibility of a flush there. Next bet after that I put a small bet to see if anyone would call or raise. A few callers. Then on the last card I decided to put 22 in to see if that scared people off after seeing the 8's. I guess it worked - although if anyone had an 8 I would have been toast. I guess the moral of the story is: if you dont have much, dont raise too much haha! I get the straight draw - I had that or another 7 as an out. So I should have limped like the others to try to draw? If anyone had bet, I guess I should have folded right?

I've passed the quiz, but am unhappy with my mark and would like to try it again. Is this possible?

Thanks again,
Hulew

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 03:19 AM
(#11)
Way to go on the quiz!

Glad to see you are thinking in terms of "hand ranges" and "player tendencies"

Your first Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours. Please use this buy-in at a full table of 9-players 1/2c (9-max) NLHE. If you encounter any spots that where difficult..post a hand replay here and I'll assist you!

Good luck at the tables!

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 02:12 PM
(#12)
Heres one I wasnt sure about:

So I got pocket 10's. I think I should have raised pre-flop, but didn't. After that, I kept calling, as there were potential better hands on the table (queen and jacks). When the guy made a bet for 2c at the end and the others folded, I figured he was probably bluffing, and 2c seemed like an ok price to pay to see him. I was right, and won 11c. My question is: did I play this too slowly? Should I have been more aggressive, even though I only had a pair of tens. Or was I right to be more passive in a situation where I had 2 potentially stronger hands in front of me?

Thanks!

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 03:09 AM
(#13)
This is an interesting spot. What where your reads on the villains? Are they limping in to the pot every hand? How many hands have you played with them at the table? More importantly have you seen their previous show down ranges?

Readless..With pocket tens, I'd raise it 4x the BB +1BB for each limper in the hope of isolating one of the limpers. A limping range is perceived as a "weak range" so let's get some value with a solid starting hand such as TT.

The way the hand played out post flop...your line is fine when readless.

Good luck at the tables!

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 02:51 PM
(#14)
Well, My initial worry was that someone had a queen, so I checked. No-one raised, so I figured no queens (or someone slow-playing). Then when the jack came up, I was worried someone had a jack. No-one raised again, so I figured no jacks. then another jack flopped, and the guy raised the minimum amount. the others folded. At that point, I figured he was bluffing- if he had it, he woulda raised more than that. And I figured 2c isn't too much to pay to see if I was correct.

I guess the problem in this hand was my position - as I was almost first to play, I didnt have much info about who was checking, and who was raising - forcing me to check, as I had potentially stronger hands on the table. If I was on the button, or near, I could have raised the limpers right?

BTW - you mentioned I got the 1st bankroll builder buy in. Does this mean others are available?

Thanks again!

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 12:11 AM
(#15)
Both IP(in position) and OOP(out of position) this is a strong enough hand to be raising the limpers with.

Yes, there are more buy-ins to be awarded, below is a complete overview.

Be sure to read THIS>>click here<< just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 03:13 PM
(#16)
I completed the cash course, but nothing showed up on my bankroll. Is there anything else i need to do?

Thanks!
Hulew

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 05:37 AM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulew View Post
I completed the cash course, but nothing showed up on my bankroll. Is there anything else i need to do?

Thanks!
Hulew

Hi,

Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buyin will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours!

How are you doing at the real money games? Any key hands that won you some big pots lately?

Best of luck to you at the tables

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 11:59 AM
(#18)
Hi again,

Things have been going quite well thanks! Id say ive been holding my own in the ring games - have won a few big pots, lots a few, but mostly just "treading water" and learning things. I lost one big hand recently where i had a pair of kings on the deal, then raised like normal, and one guy called. There was an ace on the flop, but the guy had bluffed a lot, so i figured he might be bluffing. I stayed in to see if that was the case, or in case i drew another king, but he made me pay to see him, and i lost to a pair of aces. Doh!

Then i won $6.50 on a freeroll, which was sweet!

I have a question about the vpp points im supposed to earn. I had over 10 yesterday (10.80 i think), which i think qualifies me for the next bankroll. But i checked today, and it says i have none. I assume this is because of the new year and new month etc resetting the points. Do i still get my next bankroll, or do i have to start over?

Thanks again!

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 07:24 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulew View Post
Hi again,

Things have been going quite well thanks! Id say ive been holding my own in the ring games - have won a few big pots, lots a few, but mostly just "treading water" and learning things. I lost one big hand recently where i had a pair of kings on the deal, then raised like normal, and one guy called. There was an ace on the flop, but the guy had bluffed a lot, so i figured he might be bluffing. I stayed in to see if that was the case, or in case i drew another king, but he made me pay to see him, and i lost to a pair of aces. Doh!

Then i won $6.50 on a freeroll, which was sweet!

I have a question about the vpp points im supposed to earn. I had over 10 yesterday (10.80 i think), which i think qualifies me for the next bankroll. But i checked today, and it says i have none. I assume this is because of the new year and new month etc resetting the points. Do i still get my next bankroll, or do i have to start over?

Thanks again!
Hi,

Happy New Year!

:K:K is a tricky hand to play on a A high flop, it's tempting to call down, but at best when we are getting bet into all we beat are bluffs and mid pairs, unfortunate spot vs. that villain as they have shown the tendency to bluff. If you have the hand history for the hand you mentioned in the quoted post above, would you like to post a hand replay here so that I can take a look at it?

Which freeroll did you play? Was it the Weekly Round 2? Very nice prize and well done!

Regarding your 3rd Bank Roll Builder buy-in. Excluding VPPs you may have accrued with the first buyin..have you accumulated the 10VPPs with just the 2nd buyin after you took the Cash Game Quiz? If so, then you are eligible for your next buy-in.

Best of luck to you at the tables this 2013!

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 02:19 PM
(#20)
Hi,

Happy New Year to you too!

Unfortunately i forgot to save the hand - i was so annoyed with myself afterwards i didnt think to do it haha!

It was pretty much - dealt kings, raise 3x bb, then everyone but him folds. Flop was A-8-Q, and the turn and river were both low cards, without any obvious straight or flush outs. He bet pot size first , then that on the turn, then went to 60c or so after the river. All through, i was assuming he was either bluffing, or hoping he had a Queen. He wasnt/didnt

Was a lesson in playing whats on the board, and not my take on the guy i guess haha!

I won the $6.50 on a ticket i got for a feeroll here on pokerschool. I had to sign up for a video lesson, and post where i came from. Was nice!

I think i used the bankroll pretty much only for the 1/2c ring games, but its hard to be sure. I used some of the freeroll money to try out the10/25/50c sit and go games, and its hard to keep the money seperate. I just got the bankroll though - so i guess the system finally worked it out and gave it to me! I'll try to keep a running tally of how much i am using for the ring games, and how much for the sit and go's for the last bankroll so i dont confuse matters.

Ive also done ok on a few other freerolls - ive been in the top 100 or so for the bankrollmob freeroll a few times. Maybe im better suited to tourney play lol!

Thanks again,
Hulew

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com