Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Dec 09, 2012, 07:26 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
Hello,

I just created a new account and would like to sign up for this promotion.

JRAsticMove

Old
Sun Dec 09, 2012, 07:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAsticMove View Post
Hello,
JRAsticMove
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 03:24 AM
(#3)
Great! Any updates on the eligibility? I have already started with the poker basics info and am ready to go!

Old
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 05:18 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,
JRAsticMove
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 06:11 PM
(#5)
Raiser,

I just attended the Getting Started live session. What is the next step?

JRAsticMove

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 04:49 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Raiser,
I just attended the Getting Started live session. What is the next step?
JRAsticMove
Thank you and we can see that you have attended the Getting Started session. Did you find it useful? Did you learn something from it that you didn't know before?

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 05:28 AM
(#7)

I thought I had a good raise here, but after the other action I wasn't as confident. The end result was what I wanted. Maybe I should have pushed earlier in case the flop hit another player?

What do you think?

JrasticMove

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 05:34 AM
(#8)
Ah sorry. Just realized there was a seat open.

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 06:12 AM
(#9)

Here is another hand where I was maybe too aggressive. There was a pre-raise before the flop and I re-raised. Multiple callers. The flop hits and I have top pair, but there is a King on the board. I feel like I pushed at the right time considering the amount of chips in the other players stacks.

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 08:12 AM
(#10)

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 08:41 AM
(#11)
What's the next step?

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 02:53 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi JRAsticMove!

With AKs, I want to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With one limper, I'll raise to 40. I want to keep all of my raises standard so that the opps are continually guessing as to the cards that I'm playing.

I get 4 callers and flop top pair on a board with both straight and a flush draw available. I need to make a value bet here but the question will be how to size it. If I was heads-up, I would bet 1/2 pot, BUT, with 4 opps, I'm going to make a pot-sized bet here. This way, all of the opps will be making a -EV call (call where they expect to lose chips on average everytime). I don't want to bet less, as if I do, the opps get the correct odds to draw and I do not want to make bets where the opps expect to gain chips. I want to make them when I expect to gain chips on average.

I see the turn 3-ways and the turn gives me top two pair, but brings a second flush draw and also completed a gutshot straight draw. With two opps, I'll make a 3/4 pot value bet here. This is enough to give the wrong odds for them to draw. Once again, if it was a heads-up pot, I'd bet 1/2 pot.

The river pairs the Q and this is a bigtime problem card for me and the opp that isn't all-in shoves. I now need to ask myself the ?... is this opp capable of bluffing here? If they could even remotely bluff, then I'm calling the 230 chips and hoping that they do not have the straight or a Q. Unfortunately, I'm going to lose here the overwhelming majority of the time, but there are too many chips in the pot not to call and make them show.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 06:34 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
What's the next step?
Hi JRAsticMove,

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

When you have passed the Poker Basic quiz please let us know and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Passed the Quiz - Sat Dec 15, 2012, 07:41 AM
(#14)
Pokerstars,

I passed the Poker Basics quiz and am ready to try the full ring tables.

JrasticMove

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 07:14 PM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Pokerstars,
JrasticMove
Hi JRAsticMove,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Rewards deposit? - Mon Dec 17, 2012, 06:27 PM
(#16)
I am still waiting for the deposit to enter my account. It has been more than 48 hours since I passed the basics quiz. Any updates?

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 04:30 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I am still waiting for the deposit to enter my account. It has been more than 48 hours since I passed the basics quiz. Any updates?
Hi,

I'm not sure what the delay is but you definitely should have received it by now.

I am going to ask support to check this out for you today and I'll post back here as soon as I know what's happening.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 06:19 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Pokerstars,
JrasticMove
Hi

I've found the problem, you still haven't passed the Poker Basics quiz.

Please pass >>This Quiz<< and then I will be able to move you on in the promotion.

Let me know as soon as you have passed it.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 08:42 AM
(#19)
Ok, I passed the quiz and attended the bet live session. Unfortunately, after a short time playing on the real money tables I made a bad read and lost my bankroll. I became impatient. I earned about .50 cents and then pushed at a bad time. Here is the hand...

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 04:58 PM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Ok, I passed the quiz and attended the bet live session. Unfortunately, after a short time playing on the real money tables I made a bad read and lost my bankroll. I became impatient. I earned about .50 cents and then pushed at a bad time. Here is the hand...

Hi JRAsticMove

This was an interesting hand. Firstly, you are in the sb which is the worst post flop position. Secondly, 99 may be ahead of many hands preflop, but is difficult to play post flop when higher cards hit the board.

Folding, calling and raising are all viable preflop approaches. Chosing the best option is read dependent. If a very tight player raises from early position, they typicallly either have a better pair than me, or two overcards like AK or AQs. I will normally fold.

If several players call before the action gets to me, then calling can be good as a set mining opportunity. Calling with only one raiser in the pot often results in us missin the flop and folding to a c-bet.

Some players will fold to a preflop 3-bet. This can be a playable line, but it is important to note that we are often turning our hand into a bluff. If we get called I would normally fire a bet on the flop regardless the cards. However, if I get reraised and missed my set, then fold every single time.

In your hand, I don't think you are getting good enough odds to move all in after the flop reraise. Without a read I assume the villain either has a hand with a 10 or a pocket pair JJ+. It looks like he is ahead at this point. I would not expect him to fold after making the large reraise to 44.

So, nice aggressive line preflop, but things got out of hand on the flop. Learning to be patient is an important part of poker

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com