Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL Zoom QQ 150bb

Old
25NL Zoom QQ 150bb - Sun Dec 09, 2012, 09:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Both opener and 3-bettor were unknowns.

Didn't want to flat the 3bet as sometimes they're 3betting light. Flatting will probably land me in 3way OOP, end up set-mining and folding to a cbet with 2 overcards. Wanted max value for QQ thus a 4bet. Planned to fold if he 5bets to $10 or so cos it indicates great strength.

Wasn't sure if AA/ KK will take this line- 5bet shove. Usually with these premiums, they'll 5bet to a reasonable amount so that they'll get called.

With 100bb effective stack, I think it's an all in. In this case, better to err on the side of caution given the 150bb stack size? Or can we assume it's at least a coin flip and go for it (up against AK, QQ, JJ leveraging on fold equity)? One of the tough spots to have a plan for the hand personally. Haha

Old
Sun Dec 09, 2012, 11:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey Awesome

I think in this hand a plan of flat calling the three-bet is definitely going to be superior. Think of who you are more likely to get value from, the initial min raiser? or the deep three-better?

I think it is the initial min raiser, and we can involve him in the pot by flat calling. We don't have to check to the three-better, we are, in fact, allowed to lead out on the flop when it suits us.

So I think a plan of flat calling, keeping in mind good flops to lead, in order to seize control of the pot and enter the best scenario we can -- value betting the min raiser -- is our best plan. By four-betting we both risk turning our hand into a bluff and losing value by playing against a stronger, more narrow, range.

We can see the type of scenario we want to avoid with this play, the one that panned out!

Old
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 12:52 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Most of the players go all in with AK, not with KK or AA
Seen it very often

Old
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 06:19 AM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2012
Hey guys thanks for your analysis. Yea this was a pretty disgusting spot, neither here nor there. Best case scenario may only be AK. JJ could be too optimistic. Best if avoided

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com