Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

HU Hyper

Old
HU Hyper - Mon Dec 10, 2012, 04:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
So, played a couple of these this weekend and i kinda like them! Cant find any vid's for them online or any good articles.

Anybody know some? Anybody playing them ?

Can make sick volume with these 1 tabling which is perfect for me cause i cant sit down for a long time.

Old
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 06:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
There's very high variance in these so it's essential to keep track of how you're doing. It's not all push and fold poker, there is a bit of play in the early stages which could give a better player an edge, still a 1% ROI would be doing well over a large sample.

If you could break even at these and play for the VPPs, it would be possible to get all the benefits of Supernova which is worth around $4,000.

From what I remember, a 6 seat STT lasted 10-15 minutes.

Old
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 06:49 AM
(#3)
I played 22 HU Hypers with a -21% ROI. I lost my last 8 in a row which is why I gave up but that shows the high variance in these. Just looking at some of my exit hands shows the luck element ie. AT v KQo lost, A2o v K2o lost etc.

Losing those last 8 made a massive swing to my ROI, my red line is well above where it should be if luck was on my side. I think you'd need a sample of at least 1,000 to see if these are profitable.

The hyper structure is a real leveller and takes away a lot of post flop play. That's not to say there's no skill in these. As I said, in the early stages it's wise to see a flop and not just play shove or fold poker.

Old
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 07:35 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2010
hehe yeah, they have a pretty high luck factor. Run bad = lethal in this game :P

played around 34 of these with a roi of -25% but friend of mine is kicking ass and making a nice profit!

Its a pretty tilty game but can go 2 ways :P

Old
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 07:56 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
Hi,

Here is a video focusing on HU play which you may find helpful.

Heads Up Play

Hope this helps, and good luck at the tables.

Old
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 09:25 AM
(#6)
I dont know about HU but I play 6 mans (on another site obv) and profitting over a couple thousand run. I started playing these almost exclusively after seeing how weak the shove/fold/call off play in them by most players was, and they're paying off. Yes, they're is some high variance involved in them but with a fairly solid push/fold/call off knowledge, they are definitely beatable with good roll mgmnt. I'd say 60-100 bi for your level is about right and i think after a few hundred or so you'll have a firm grasp on whether or not you can profit by them. Gl out there.

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com