Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder

Old
bankroll builder - Mon Dec 10, 2012, 07:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
hi iam currently taking the poker basics course,am i eligable for the promotion? if so i would like to join and start whatever training i have to thanks

Old
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 08:19 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by durtybarry View Post
hi iam currently taking the poker basics course,am i eligable for the promotion? if so i would like to join and start whatever training i have to thanks
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 10, 2012, 01:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi durtybarry,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
nakroll - Tue Dec 11, 2012, 06:03 PM
(#4)
hi there i just done the live traing for getting started,bet sizing and cash basics

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 12:36 AM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi durtybarry!

Please ONLY do what you are instructed to do in the posts here. Doing things out of order is going to make you have to do some items more than once.

Please play the full ring cash tables, per post 3 and post a hand that you had problems with using the hand replayer.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 09:07 AM
(#6)
what do you mean per post 3??

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 11:05 AM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi durtybarry!

The third post in this thread.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
hand replay - Wed Dec 12, 2012, 11:09 AM
(#8)

not sure i played this the right way?

Old
hand replay - Wed Dec 12, 2012, 11:27 AM
(#9)

was this the right play?

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 02:58 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi durtybarry!

With QQ preflop, I'm going to make a standard raise, which for me is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 6.

The flop gives me a K and when it checks to me, I will make my standard c-bet of 1/2 pot here, so I will bet 18. This way, all of my bets are standard, so the opps don't know if I've got QQ, Kx, set, or air. This also sets up the rest of the hand for me, as if an opp calls, I won't lead bet again unless I improve (as they most likely have a K) and if I get raised, it's an easy fold, as I know that my QQ is most likely beat.

One opp calls and I see a turn that should be a blank. The opp now shoves their last 22 chips in (1/4 pot). While I'm thinking that I'm most likely beat, this bet is small enough, that it's worth the risk to call, especially if the opp has been known to bluff at pots.
-----------------------

With AA, I have 4 limpers, then a raise to 44BB, then a min-raise to 174. Having AA, I want to re-raise and I normally size it between 3X the previous bet (522) and a pot-sized raise (615). However, I don't have that many chips, so I'm going to shove. I do not want to call and take a chance for an opp to see that they flopped two pair to beat me.

A spot like this is why I want to buy-into a game for the maximum chips allowed, as it will allow for me to size my raises better, which will deny odds to more opponents. The more opponents that I give the correct odds to, to outdraw me, the more often I will get sucked out on.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 03:00 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi durtybarry!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
info - Sat Dec 15, 2012, 11:36 AM
(#12)
hi there i wanted to know something,i was taking the poker basics course as you requested as user durtybarry but when i went to the cashier to deposit i put in my partners details as it was her card i was using so then it saved her details so i spoke to security and they told me to create a new account and they are transfering my funds over you can check with them if you wish,i wanted to know if i can continue thebankroll builder promotion from where i was at as iam just about to finish the poker basics course and going to take the course???

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com