Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Filters in Home Clubs

View Poll Results: Should Home Clubs have a filter switch for chat?
Yes 4 80.00%
No 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old
Filters in Home Clubs - Tue Dec 11, 2012, 11:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
I would like to ask pokerstars if during one of the updates if the option of turning off the filter in chat could be made available for Home Clubs.

As managers we have a mute button already and at least for the smaller clubs we are all friends. We talk like we would normally which includes the occasional use of our forked tongues.

We are just scooting around the filter as of now but as pokerstars adds to the list it gets harder and harder to circumvent.

How about anyone else? Though it is understandable to censor peoples chat in public games is it reasonable to want to be allowed free use of the chat while in private Home Clubs? I again say the Club manager would have the option to choose if he/she wants unfiltered chat in their club and can still exercise the "mute" button.

Old
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 11:55 AM
(#2)
(Moderator)
Would you please contact support@pokerstars.com or ideas@pokerstars.comwith your suggestion regarding Home Games chat.

Regarding the use of colourfull language in Home game chat box, i dont believe that the chat is moderated as other PS tables are and the decision as to what is exceptable is a matter for the Home game manager to control

Last edited by wiltshireman; Tue Dec 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: typo

Old
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 12:00 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltshireman View Post
Would you please contact support@pokerstars.com or ideas@pokerstars.comwith your suggestion regarding Home Games chat.

Regarding the use of colourfull language in Home game chat box, i dont believe that the chat is moderated as other PS tables are and the decision as to what is exceptable is a matter for the Home game manager to control
I am contacting pokerstars about it, just wanted to see if any others feel the same way about it.

Unfortunately you are wrong, Home Club tables are filtered the same way as any table on the client and managers have absolutely no control over what is allowed.

also I just want an on/off switch
no need to get into what words are ok and which are not

Last edited by joker41673; Tue Dec 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: cause i can :P

Old
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 12:08 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
hey dude,

I'm going by memory.....don't trust it...lol

I think it was hobojim that had a bad lango night in his home club, or it was cowboy...hiccup.

I think he contacted stars to turn off the filter for those games.

I do remember playing them, just not sure how it was done, maybe talk to jim,

cheers man

Old
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 12:16 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
hey dude,

I'm going by memory.....don't trust it...lol

I think it was hobojim that had a bad lango night in his home club, or it was cowboy...hiccup.

I think he contacted stars to turn off the filter for those games.

I do remember playing them, just not sure how it was done, maybe talk to jim,

cheers man
Yeah Eff, it was HoboJim who did that; he asked pokerstars to turn the filter off for the game but unfortunately they inadvertently turned the filter off for the whole site in the process and it was a mess on the regular tables.

I think the switch is best so to allow other clubs to keep the filter on if wished. Home Clubs such as the PSO Club would probably want to keep the filter on due to the amount of players involved. Surely they all can't be friends.

Old
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 12:22 PM
(#6)
(Moderator)
when you say filtered, you really mean chat is censored and that is correct, there is a list of censored words which are automatically replaced by asterics in the chat box.

However chat is not moderated, and there is no facility for calling a chat moderator to any Home game tables.

Thanks for your post and good luck at the tables.

Old
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 12:36 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltshireman View Post
when you say filtered, you really mean chat is censored and that is correct, there is a list of censored words which are automatically replaced by asterics in the chat box.

However chat is not moderated, and there is no facility for calling a chat moderator to any Home game tables.

Thanks for your post and good luck at the tables.
Yes, it is a filter that is used to determine words or combinations of letters to be censored. I agree it is correct for some Home Clubs but others such as mine and I believe the drunk tank as well would do just fine without filtered content.

To any Club Managers:
Send the e-mail as well. If enough ask for this pokerstars might consider it more than just one lone manager asking. Whether you wish to censor your chat or not isn't the question but rather if the option to not be censored be available to the clubs that want it off.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com