Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

What's my line here?

Old
What's my line here? - Tue Dec 11, 2012, 02:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
Both pre and post flop. Having a bit of trouble over it.

Old
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 02:09 PM
(#2)
Not sure if that hand history is clear enough but Villian 8 shoved all in, Villlian 9 folded and the action is back onto me.

Old
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 07:32 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Ovalman,

I really don't like the limp preflop and I think if you wanna play it so passively you should be prepared to fold here to a shove when you don't hit your set. If you wouldn't risk them preflop with the best hand why risk them now?

I think you should make a big raise preflop maybe even a shove. Yes we have 40 BBs which is alot to shove here. But we have 5 limping fishes here, it's probably pretty likely for one or more to call in bad shape. Plus we already have 210 chips in the pot which is almost 20% of our stack. I'm happy with that and the chance someone calls with smaller pairs, 1 over card or even 2 over cards and we get it in in good shape.

Thanks
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 12:30 PM
(#4)
His shove smelt like a top pair top kicker, an over pair like 99 or possibly a set but I folded and so did everyone else without a showdown.

I know my limp pre caused me so many troubles but with so many others in the pot, if I pot raise I'm going to get at least 1 or 2 callers, maybe even a re-shove from a hand like JJ. I'm out of position after this and the flop invariably brings an overcard so I don't know where I stand in the hand.

I played it to set mine, should I just limp/ fold after the flop? Should I call down to the river? Check raise?

You can maybe see why I'm having a bit of trouble in spots like this.

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 12:34 PM
(#5)
I don't like a shove here as I'm coinflipping at best to a call and I think we're too deep to be going broke with TT at this stage of the tourney BTW.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com