Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Talking
Bankroll builder - Tue Dec 11, 2012, 06:52 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
Hello, my name is Zeljko, and I would like to start the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 07:19 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Oh and I've already passed the first two quizes, I hope it's not a problem.

Old
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 07:20 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelja madman View Post
Hello, my name is Zeljko, and I would like to start the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 03:11 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi,

You are eligible for the BankRoll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' Live Training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

These classes are scheduled at different times on different days of the week so you will need to find which day suits your time zone best. Ask the live trainer plenty of questions while you are attending this class.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money, no-limit, tables (full ring)

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 06:18 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
I have attended the gettin started live session. I have also played some play money poker. What's next?

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 04:47 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have attended the gettin started live session. I have also played some play money poker. What's next?
Thank you and we can see that you have attended the Getting Started session. Did you find it useful? Did you learn something from it that you didn't know before?

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:45 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=CED5D8FDDA

Ok, so this is not a play money hand as you asked, but I really wanted your opinion. It's from a late stage in a freeroll tourney. I had about 7BB left and was sitting in the button with AJs, the guy in UTG+2 makes a 3,5BB raise, everyone folds, and I shove. You can see what happened. Now my question is is a shove the correct decision in this situation? thanks.

Last edited by Zelja madman; Thu Dec 13, 2012 at 12:47 PM..

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:33 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 09:37 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
As for the play money tables, I just can't figure out a way to play those people. They will call all regular size raises from any position, so the pots are always 4-5 handed at least, which means I could only raise with QQ, KK, AA, eventually JJ. Even the best drawing hands are just no good when there's so many players in the pot. In the end I was limping AK from the CO, just to see if I can hit on the flop.

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 03:16 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Zelja madman!

Freeroll tourneys have different strategies that are needed than league games and both are different from cash games.

Since it's a tourney, the ? to ask is 'am I in the $'? Do I have enough chips to get ITM? The answers to these questions will have a bearing on my actions along with my read on the opp.

If the opp is playing tight, especially if I think I have enough chips to cash, then I'm mucking here and looking for a better situation when I'm in position or have better cards.

If the opp is loose, especially if I need chips to cash, then I'm going to shove.

If this is a league game, it's an easy fold, as the one and ONLY point in these is to last longer to accumulate more points for the monthly leaderboard. I want to last as long as possible in these without ever having to take a chance.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 06:32 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi,

Next up play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. (not tournaments) Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Remember that the Bankroll Builder promotion is a Cash Game promotion only.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com