Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Dec 12, 2012, 06:47 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
Hi there,

I'm a PokerSchoolOnline member and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

Old
Wed Dec 12, 2012, 06:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zPainz View Post
Hi there,
I'm a PokerSchoolOnline member and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?
Can anyone help?
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 07:27 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi there,
Can anyone help?
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 09:39 AM
(#4)
Raiser. I participated in the previous Live Training.

Details
Saturday 15 DEC 2012
09:00 - 09:20 (ET)

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 07:09 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi zPainz,

Perfect, we can see you on the list of attendees, did you find the session useful?

Next next play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 08:26 PM
(#6)

I just joined the table so i didn't have any reads.

Old
Sun Dec 16, 2012, 02:13 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi zPainz!

The first thing that I'd recommend to you is to never join a table early and pay an extra big blind. Wait for the blinds. Paying the extra blind continually will be a problem for your bankroll.

With K9s, while I could make a standard raise (3BB+1BB for each limper, which with 4 limpers is to 70), I'm going to check and hope to get a free flop. Depending on my reads of the opp's play, I could raise to 70 or check.

I see the flop 5-handed and flop top 2 pair. When the opps check to me, due to the number of opps in the hand, I'd normally make a pot-sized bet (530), BUT, since this is over 1/2 my stack, I'm shoving the flop. I'm pot-committed and I don't want to let any of the opps see an overcard hit on the turn or river that could beat me without putting their chips in first.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 16, 2012, 03:09 PM
(#8)
Won't be making that mistake again. Thanks JWK24.

What's the next step?

Last edited by zPainz; Sun Dec 16, 2012 at 07:05 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 01:04 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
What's the next step?
Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 05:41 AM
(#10)
Passed the Poker Basics Assessment.

What's Next?

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 06:09 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Passed the Poker Basics Assessment.
What's Next?
Hi zPainz,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 01:06 PM
(#12)
So i was playing some hands today. Was up $0.60 before getting in some bad spots. Now I'm down to $0.78 so I can't really join anymore tables. This was my last hand.

What's next?

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 04:12 PM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
What's next?
Next up please attend the 'Bet Sizing' training session.

These sessions can be found daily in the >>Live Training<< section.

Use the time you are there wisely, for example, prepare some questions that you can ask the Live Trainer while you are attending.

Post back here once you have attended this session and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 03:45 PM
(#14)
Bet Sizing

Details
Saturday 22 DEC 2012
15:20 - 15:40 (ET)

Also participated on Cash Basics.

Details
Saturday 22 DEC 2012
15:40 - 16:00 (ET)

Last edited by zPainz; Sun Dec 30, 2012 at 06:10 AM..

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 06:10 AM
(#15)
What's next?

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 10:14 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
What's next?
Hi zPainz,

Sorry, I must have over-looked this post.

We can see that you did indeed attend the 'Bet Sizing' session on Dec 22nd. Don't worry about the 'Cash Basics' as that comes later on in the promo.

Also thanks for posting this hand for review. I'll ask one of the hand analysers to take a look at it for you and offer some feedback.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 03:08 PM
(#17)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
So i was playing some hands today. Was up $0.60 before getting in some bad spots. Now I'm down to $0.78 so I can't really join anymore tables. This was my last hand.

What's next?

Hi zPainz

This hand is very useful for you to review! 1010 is a very strong starting hand preflop. However, any J, Q, K or A are scare cards for you. You definately don't want to slowplay with solid pocket pairs like this.

Preflop, any time you are the first to enter the pot, enter with a raise! Don't limp. This is true regardless of your hand. As played, I suggest reraising.

The flop is good for you since it is only low cards. Lead with a standard 50% pot raise. Again, don't slowplay.

Since you have been letting the villain do all the raising on the earlier streets, it is tough to know if the K helped. Had you been the raiser, it would be easier to know what to do here. As it stands, the villain has so little money behind, I think is ok to pay him off.

Nonetheless, the important point with this hand is what happened preflop and on the flop.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 05:19 AM
(#18)
You're right. I was playing quite passive the last couple of hands since I lost quite a lot in that table. I was playing a bit aggressive but ended up switching to passive. Bad Move.

Thanks Roland GTX

What's next?

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 06:59 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
What's next?
Hi zPainz,

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 09, 2013, 07:28 AM
(#20)
Passed the Cash Game Quiz.

What's next?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com