Since: Jul 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 11:22 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
hi kingkong,

I think the preflop call here is fine on this depth of money. I like to have reads in these spots generally so I know how this is going to be a profitable spot for me (will the villain stack off easy when I hit the hand hard? Check/give up when he misses? Can I take pots away on scary boards for his range? Etc.) But no problem certainly deep enough to call in position here.

On the flop I'm more inclined to take an aggressive line with a big draw that does not have showdown value as we can get better hands that have missed like AK/AQ to fold which is a great result, and we have lots of equity when we run into a big pair, so it's a nice semi-bluffing opportunity. In your case though I lean more towards calling the flop... the difference is we are beating AK/AQ with our pair, so raising only folds out the hands that have very poor equity against us anyway and gets continued action from hands that we're basically flipping against. As played though I would definitely call off to his shove. At this point there is 6.81 in the pot and we need to call 4.34 more so we need ~39% equity and we easily have this even if we include sets in his range. His range to 3b jam here should be 33, 77+, and big flush draws (ATh+, KQh). With our being ahead of the flush draws, and having flush+2pair+trip outs against the overpairs, we have the right price. Actually plugging that entire range into pokerstove I get that we have almost 46.5% equity, a nice overlay to call the shove.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com