Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL Zoom KK vs unknown

Old
25NL Zoom KK vs unknown - Wed Dec 12, 2012, 11:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Again one of the typical spots, just that this time Villain4 limp-4bets, not limp-3bet, which indicates he has a premium and not goofing around. No reads against this complete unknown.

We're not deepstacked, only 130bb effective, so I think Kings are too strong to flat or fold to unknowns on the whole. Are we happy getting all in with Kings?

Last edited by TheAwesomeNW; Thu Dec 13, 2012 at 01:07 AM..

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 04:13 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
i was shove my opinion is KK never fold preflop, it's a gamble ,you have to try.. maybe iam wrong but cash game and just 130BB, shove and pray

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 07:45 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2011
Agreed. He does this with AA, but likely also with stuff like KK, QQ, and maybe even AKs, JJ, TT. Can't be afraid they have AA everytime they 3-bet your pocket Kings.

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:26 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
I would fold and not worry about it.

Alternative is to call and try to keep his range wide, but I would never five bet here.

Fold > Call > Wagering all the chips

What I am trying to say is that, whatever you decide on, five-betting at this stack depth against the range this play represents has to be the worst option, and for what its worth, its the worst option by a lot.

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 08:06 PM
(#5)
Actual hand we won after 5-betting and calling the 6-bet all in. But he had Aces haha. Just didn't know if he'll do the same thing with AK or QQ. Calling to keep his range wide is something new, will try that the next time

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:04 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2011
yeah Awesome

I think your analysis in the early post really lays out the groundwork for why we shouldn't be comfy here. He didn't just limp 3bet, he limp-4bet. I don't think QQ or AK does that, to this specific size, out of position. I fold kings preflop more than most (maybe more than anyone since most people don't do it) and I think this spot is a pretty clear fold. I know that sounds crazy and it shouldn't keep you up at night, but definitely calling with position is going to be way better than raising here either way.

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 05:08 AM
(#7)
Yea Gareth it's giving me a terrible headache. So now this is what separates the pros and the rest!! From today onwards, I'll start folding KK, well on my route to success Just kidding... Hard to accept laying down Kings initially but special circumstances call for special moves

Old
Sat Feb 16, 2013, 06:26 AM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2013
Say we call KK in pos in this situation. What then? Fold if villain bets? Bet if he checks? (Assuming you don't make your set or big draw).

I think that's what I'd do if an ace came on the flop, but then that's the last penny I'm putting in.

If no ace comes I might call once if villain bets (except a shove?) or try and get to showdown if he doesn't.

What do you think? I'm just starting out so any feedback would be appreciated!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com