Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Bad or standard call?

Old
Bad or standard call? - Thu Dec 13, 2012, 09:48 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
ChromeStar
Hi,

I am currently playing in the HOT $5.50 turbo, which I qualified for with $1

We are now way past the bubble. but earlier I was in a bit of an awkward situation, I was UTG whilst playing V.Tight I raised around 2.5X with QQ and so on....

what do you guys think about the call, bare in mind that I thought for a while and basically hoped that they had each others outs, i.e. AK-AQ or even both have AK or that they had under pairs....

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...846_DBCC3F87DB

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 10:01 PM
(#2)
ChromeStar
Request the langolier

Old
Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Buttch,

I would call here. imo we would need some pretty specific reads to justify laying this down, reads that involve the word "nit" probably more than once.

The first guy shoving could have many worse hands in his range that he's just deciding he has to go with on his short stack. Smaller pairs and hands like AT or KQ. The other guy is reshoving a 17bb stack... clearly this is a real hand but he should recognize (one would surmise readless) the short stacks range and be interested in isolating this guy with hands like 88+, AK, AQ at the very least. And QQ just plays too well against these ranges to fold here imo. Plus if we don't win, we still have chips and can get back into this, but if we do hold up here we'll have a stack primed for a deep run. Given our equity against their ranges and tournament position I think getting the money in here is good.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 12:59 AM
(#4)
ChromeStar
Thanks Dave!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com