Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Fri Dec 14, 2012, 06:22 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
I think I qualify. I have been playing here for a while and don't seem to be getting anywhere. I have a lot to learn and the opportunity to earn a bankroll may be just the incentive I need.

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 07:32 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrami View Post
I think I qualify. I have been playing here for a while and don't seem to be getting anywhere. I have a lot to learn and the opportunity to earn a bankroll may be just the incentive I need.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 06:48 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Use the time you spend at these sessions wisely, for example, prepare some questions that you can ask the live trainer while you are attending.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Live Training - Mon Dec 17, 2012, 02:57 PM
(#4)
Good Day.

I have completed "getting started", bet sizing and cash basics in today's live training sessions. Very interesting. And now, the daily game is about to start.

Cheers,
wrami

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 07:43 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Good Day.

I have completed "getting started", bet sizing and cash basics in today's live training sessions. Very interesting. And now, the daily game is about to start.

Cheers,
wrami
Hi wrami,

Just the 'Getting Started' session for now, you will need to attend the 'Bet Sizing' and 'Cash Basics' later in the promotion.

Next next play some 9-handed full-ring play money tables. Make sure the tables have no empty seats.

Find a hand that caused you difficulty or cost you chips and using the hand replayer post it here in the Forum.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Once you've posted your hand we will analyse it for you and then continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
PSO Hand replayer - Tue Dec 18, 2012, 03:22 PM
(#6)
The hand I selected during play earlier today will not store. I have watched the tutorial at least three times and I have made several attempts to store the hand without success.When I select Quick Save, the storing progress window pops up and appears to be working but no progress is indicated. The hand information I selected has been pasted below.

Regards
wrami

PokerStars Hand #90949986856: Hold'em No Limit (5/10) - 2012/12/18 11:22:58 CT [2012/12/18 12:22:58 ET]
Table 'Centenaria V' 9-max (Play Money) Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: mykal 3;16 (5210 in chips)
Seat 2: Blazka12 (1000 in chips)
Seat 3: meldani610 (29288 in chips)
Seat 4: marcollino84 (1980 in chips)
Seat 5: doncan554 (985 in chips)
Seat 6: Sagimaus (1562 in chips)
Seat 7: Svagricek (695 in chips)
Seat 8: wrami (3040 in chips)
Seat 9: RazMaTaz_72 (2711 in chips)
marcollino84: posts small blind 5
doncan554: posts big blind 10
Blazka12: posts small blind 5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to wrami [Ad As]
Sagimaus: raises 110 to 120
Svagricek: calls 120
wrami: raises 120 to 240
RazMaTaz_72: raises 120 to 360
mykal 3;16: calls 360
Blazka12: folds
meldani610: calls 360
marcollino84: folds
doncan554: folds
Sagimaus: calls 240
Svagricek: calls 240
wrami: raises 120 to 480
RazMaTaz_72: raises 2231 to 2711 and is all-in
mykal 3;16: folds
meldani610: folds
Sagimaus: calls 1202 and is all-in
Svagricek: calls 335 and is all-in
wrami: calls 2231
*** FLOP *** [6s Ac 9s]
*** TURN *** [6s Ac 9s] [5s]
*** RIVER *** [6s Ac 9s 5s] [4s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
wrami: shows [Ad As] (a flush, Ace high)
RazMaTaz_72: shows [Kh Kd] (a pair of Kings)
wrami collected 2298 from side pot-2

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 05:59 PM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi,

Some of the hand history here is missing. At the bottom of the history there should be a part that says

***Summary***

and this needs to be included along with the rest of the history.

Please try again with another hand and if you continue to have difficultly please attend the 'Getting Started' session again and the live trainer will guide you through it.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
hand replayer - Wed Dec 19, 2012, 12:48 PM
(#8)
Thank you for the help.

Here is the code:

I probably should not have played the hand but something appealled so I limped in hoping to see a flop.

The flop came up 8 7 7 and I didn't want to give away my hand so I checked. So did everyone else.

The J came up on the turn and I didn't want to check again so I bet 20

The river was the 6 and my thinking was that that I couldn't bet too big if I wanted to try to build the pot so I bet 60% to see what might happen.

When I was raised to 700 my thought was that if I went all in I might cause my opponent to fold but if I went slightly better that twice the bet, miguelito044 might think I was trying to scare him off and call

These were my thoughts while playing this hand.

The big question in my mind is: Should I have bet the flop? and if so: How much?

I'm looking forward to your analysis.

Thanks
warmi

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 05:19 PM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Thank you for the help.

Here is the code:

I probably should not have played the hand but something appealled so I limped in hoping to see a flop.

The flop came up 8 7 7 and I didn't want to give away my hand so I checked. So did everyone else.

The J came up on the turn and I didn't want to check again so I bet 20

The river was the 6 and my thinking was that that I couldn't bet too big if I wanted to try to build the pot so I bet 60% to see what might happen.

When I was raised to 700 my thought was that if I went all in I might cause my opponent to fold but if I went slightly better that twice the bet, miguelito044 might think I was trying to scare him off and call

These were my thoughts while playing this hand.

The big question in my mind is: Should I have bet the flop? and if so: How much?

I'm looking forward to your analysis.

Thanks
warmi
Hi wrami

Nice pot! In a real money game there normally won't be so many limpers and I would recommend just folding this hand preflop. Marginal hands like this just don't win often enough to be profitable. Plus, we often lose a lot in situation where we flop a pair and lose to a better kicker.

As played, you got a very good flop. Notice serveral points though. Firstly, there are flush draws with the spades, and straight draws with the 78. Secondly, you flopped trips with two sevens on the board. This is not as strong as flopping a set when you are holding a pocket pair. Thirdly, we want to build the pot as soon as possible with our strong hands. This allows us to build it even more on the later streets. All of these are strong reasons to bet the flop, especially the first.

Betting about 75% of the pot, perhaps about 60 cents would be my recommendation. This is enough that anyone chasing a draw is making a mistake by calling. Furthermore, there are seven other players in the hand. It is very likely that at least one wants to continue with the hand.

Betting on the turn was smart. I would have bet about 50% of the pot myself. Now you have a full house, so the flush and straight outs can,t beat you. Furthermore, you want anyone chasing to get their money in now while they still believe they have outs.

Nice job getting all in on the river. You took down a nice pot!

Remember, build the pot early with your strong hands.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 04:55 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

When you have passed the Poker Basic quiz please let us know and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Poker Basic quiz - Wed Dec 26, 2012, 10:50 PM
(#11)
It took a while and I ocviously need more work but I finally passed the basic assessment quiz.

Thanks for the push

Cheers

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 11:17 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
It took a while and I ocviously need more work but I finally passed the basic assessment quiz.
Hi wrami,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
1/2 cent full ring real money tables - Sat Dec 29, 2012, 01:43 AM
(#13)
Thank you very much. I will attend "bet sixing" before playing. I am not sure where to find the "1/2 cent full ring real money tables
". Could you point me in the right direction please?

Thanks again.

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 08:22 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I am not sure where to find the "1/2 cent full ring real money tables
". Could you point me in the right direction please?
Hi,

Sure .. Open the PokerStars client and go to:

'Hold'em' > 'No Limit' > 'All' and then filter the stakes until you find $0.01/$0.02.

If you are not sure you can always attend the 'Getting Started' session again and ask the trainer to show you while you are there.

Also check out >>THIS VIDEO<<

Remember, your next step is to play the Full Ring (9-handed) 1/2 cent tables and post a hand that you had difficulty with or cost you money here using the hand replayer.

Once you do this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
1/2 cent tables - Fri Jan 11, 2013, 08:36 PM
(#15)
I can't remember how to submit theser handsbut this doesn't look right. Could you refresh my memory please?

Thank you

PokerStars Hand #92185849825: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2013/01/11 14:19:33 CT [2013/01/11 15:19:33 ET]
Table 'McMath III' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: wrami ($4.76 in chips)
Seat 2: influx33 ($1.51 in chips)
Seat 4: FullHouse525 ($1 in chips)
Seat 6: illuvatar125 ($4.42 in chips)
Seat 7: 2fast666 ($2 in chips)
Seat 8: ToPa_spb ($2 in chips)
Seat 9: garciacmpa ($2 in chips)
FullHouse525: posts small blind $0.01
Bibicolt: is sitting out
illuvatar125: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to wrami [Kh Ah]
2fast666: folds
ToPa_spb: raises $0.04 to $0.06
garciacmpa: folds
Bibicolt leaves the table
wrami: raises $0.04 to $0.10
influx33: folds
FullHouse525: folds
illuvatar125: folds
ToPa_spb: raises $0.10 to $0.20
wrami: calls $0.10
*** FLOP *** [3s 7c 5d]
ToPa_spb: bets $0.30
wrami: calls $0.30
*** TURN *** [3s 7c 5d] [7h]
ToPa_spb: checks
wrami: bets $0.30
ToPa_spb: calls $0.30
*** RIVER *** [3s 7c 5d 7h] [4c]
ToPa_spb: checks
wrami: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ToPa_spb: shows [Qh Qs] (two pair, Queens and Sevens)
wrami: mucks hand
ToPa_spb collected $1.57 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1.63 | Rake $0.06
Board [3s 7c 5d 7h 4c]
Seat 1: wrami mucked [Kh Ah]
Seat 2: influx33 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: FullHouse525 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: illuvatar125 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 7: 2fast666 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: ToPa_spb showed [Qh Qs] and won ($1.57) with two pair, Queens and Sevens
Seat 9: garciacmpa folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Old
Sat Jan 12, 2013, 09:22 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I can't remember how to submit theser handsbut this doesn't look right.
Sure,

Scroll back up to post number 5 in this thread and you'll find the video of how to use the hand replayer.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
1/2 cent ring games, hand replay - Wed Jan 16, 2013, 08:38 AM
(#17)

I think this hand is pretty self explanitory. I play AK a fair bit but seldom take a pot. I could use some advice on how to play this hand.
Thank you

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 03:03 AM
(#18)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

I think this hand is pretty self explanitory. I play AK a fair bit but seldom take a pot. I could use some advice on how to play this hand.
Thank you
Hi wrami

AK is a premium starting hand. However, even though we have a strong starting hand such as AK, QQ, KK, AA. We still need to reevaluate on each street. For example, 3-betting preflop with QQ might be great, but if the flop comes AKx, we need to recognize that we are probably beat and fold our hand to much action. Or let's say you have two black aces and get in a pot with two opponents. The flop runs 789 of hearts. One opponent bets and the other raises. We have to fold our aces here. Let's see how this applies to you AK hand.

Reraising preflop is fine. You have a strong hand and you have postion on the villain. I recommend sticking to the standard bet sizing though. Make your raise 3x the original raise, or 18 cents. Mini-raising as you did will be costly in the long run. When you get a small 4-bet, we can narrow the villain's range to premium hands I think (QQ, KK, AA and AK perhaps a few others). There isn't that much bluff 4-betting at 2NL. The raise is small, you have postion and a good hand. Calling is fine. Note, had the villain made a standard (larger) 4-bet, I would suggest folding AKs.

You didn't connect with all the low cards on the flop and the villain leads out with a 70% pot sized bet. Most of his range consists of big pocket pairs. His raise size suggests he doesn't want you to get a cheap shot at catching an A. If he had AA I would have expected him to bet smaller, about half the pot. This looks like he has QQ or KK. The pot is getting out of control, the bet is 30 cents and without a read, I am fairly confident the villain is ahead with a pocket pair and you missed the board. All this adds up to an easy fold for AK here.

As played, I would not have bet the turn. At the moment you have nothing but the 7s on the board and an A kicker. Take the free card and hope your hand improves on the river. Check-folding if it doesn't.

I hope this helps

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Jan 17, 2013, 05:39 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Next Step

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Use the time you spend at these sessions wisely, for example, prepare some questions that you can ask the live trainer while you are attending.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Bet Sizing - Sun Jan 20, 2013, 10:28 AM
(#20)
Thanks for your help.

Bet sizing was completed on Jan.19/13

Cheers
wrami

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com