Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

nl0.05 zoom any thoughts

Old
nl0.05 zoom any thoughts - Fri Dec 14, 2012, 09:15 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner kastrator54 1 hand on him. samirus1980 262 hands vp/10/pfr8/afq48 , vantelevisie 1 hand.

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 02:49 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi kingkong,

My thoughts are pretty clear on this one... fold preflop. Why are we squeezing 3 players with 43o from out of position? With a raise and 2 cold callers you need to size your raising much larger than this to effectively squeeze steal imo, more like .60-.75c here. That being said, in 5NL this is almost certainly a losing play against 3 randoms who have voluntarily put money in the pot for an open raise. The lion's share of your value in this spot comes from fold equity obviously and not hand equity, and this is a situation where I expect fold equity to not be very good. You did give stats for 1 villain (262 hands) but I don't know which one that is since you called him by screen name and not Villain #. Regardless... nice that this play worked out for you but I think over time this is a losing proposition and thus should be done very sparingly and in unique situations only that involve reads (on all players).

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 03:20 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
ok sorry about the names . no stats on the raiser stats on first caller no stats on last caller . my range for to min raise open was 22-88 maybe TT AJo 45s to JQs and small suited Aces . thats the size they use to raise there junk on NL5 Zoom . and great flop 4 me unless he flopped a boat . and he was never raising me on flop with a boat or quads well maybe 10% of the time he will . and the turn bet was begging me to shove it was a feeler bet. maybe i am crazy or a little silly but my thinking

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com