Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Confusing at the turn

Old
Confusing at the turn - Fri Dec 14, 2012, 04:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Heey guys,

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=9CB34318AB

I was analyzing some hands today and i would like to ask few things.

I had pockets 10 UTG and raised 90,everybody folded to the sb,sb is a very loose fish 43/16 and he 3bets to 150.BB folds and it was my turn.I thought,this was really weird like,why would you 3bet less than ? We were pretty deep like 50 BB so i made a call,like without a plan.I still dont know what his 3betting range was...If thought something like AQ+ and mid pairs or something.I dont think he has JJ+ because i think he will raise more than 150.And we were very early in the tournament,so i dont want get to crazy out there.

Flop:
He checks and i check.The reason i checked is,he was 3betting pre and checked on the flop.I thought,if i bet 55%-60%,he might check-raised me with a AK or KQ hand to get me out.I thought,pot controlling on the flop might be ok for further streets if the board doenst turn any scary cards.

Turn:
Turn card was exactly the card i wanted !! And also he checked again so i didnt think he had a king in his hand.He might has a set if he 3bet pre with 66,77,88,99.He also might slowplayed his hand and waited for my bet,but it's so unlikely i think.
I raised 180 into 330 around 52% of the pot.I didnt want to build the pot very big if a scary card appears on the river if he called me.Then he check-raised me 360,at that point,I was a little confused.The first thing his 1,5x or something 3bet pre,check/check,check/raise/check raise.First of all,he dont have a draw for sure,does he really have a K or set.I dont know really confused,timebank is on so i didnt think anymore and called.

River:
I thought **deleted inappropriate language JWK24**,this is such a bad river card for me,he checks and i check behind and that guy had 88.

Can anyone give me advice how to play this hand better?

Thanks guys

Last edited by JWK24; Fri Dec 14, 2012 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: delete inappropriate language

Old
Fri Dec 14, 2012, 08:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi MolaSola,

I think you've played it well.

I would absolutely be betting the turn here. And I wouldn't be folding to the 3bet pre of the small check raise. The odds in the pot are too good.

On the river yeah i think betting for value would be very thin here. So checking back is good.

Well played
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com