Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Spairing up to HM2. $100 in nl5

Old
Spairing up to HM2. $100 in nl5 - Sat Dec 15, 2012, 10:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi guys 2013 is the year I want to start taking my game up a notch in limits. But I would like to also improve my game using HM2.

My challenge and hoping for others to join me on this. I will use stellar rewards & 50% of my profits in a session to gather up towards the $100.

I will try to achieve this goal by 30th december. My birthday!
I will allow myself to sponsor $25 from my own pocket for my birthdays sake. However the ultimate goal will be to reach it without adding my own money.

Some rules:
- Every day play at least 3000 hands. If 1 day is short, the next day I'll have to play dubble the amount.
fe: Tomorow I play 1000hands. Monday I will have to play 3000+ 4000 (2000*2) = 7000hands. Providing me enough hands in 14days to reach the goal. In a week I can make an assesment of how much more hands I need to play. The rule will be changed accordingly on Sunday 23th.
- I may only play NL5 zoom games. All other tournaments/hands don't count.
- I will join 2silverstar tournaments, where the money will go directly in to the seperate bankroll.
- I may not use the HM2 free trial. This will be reserved for if I don't make the challenge yet. So I can no matter what play 2013 fully on HM2.
- Update every day on my results.
- To garantee I won't use the seperate bankroll I will convert it into euros.
- When a negative session is unders 2BI's. It will have no influence on my seconday bankroll. However if there are more than 2BI's lost. 50% of the losses will be taken out of the secondary bankroll to the main. (To make the challenge harder.)

Hopefully there will join some people in this sort of challenge, as I pressume HM2 can help your game!

Left until goal is reached: $77.26

Last edited by Sentras; Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 11:11 AM..

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 12:28 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2011
How many tables do you plan on playing? 3k hands a day seems like a lot (to me anyway). I play 2 tables and I'm varely getting 200 hands an hr with a good 2+ hours of play.

As for HM2: it can definitely help you plug some leaks or so.

As for getting it for free: good goal to set, I'm doing the same

The Road to Fame and Fortune - Keeping track of my poker semi-career
Keep up to date: @Ov3rsight

Old
Sat Dec 15, 2012, 01:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
The low stakes version costs $60 (or is it $70) and is all you need up to 50c/$1. To upgrade costs no more than the $100 in total.

Something to consider.

Old
Sun Dec 16, 2012, 07:53 AM
(#4)
@ Ov3rsight

I'll be playing zoom. its around 1k hands an hour or little more. I'd be using HM2 for various reasons. Also busting some leaks indeed. But I think as yuo move up stakes it gets more and more usefull. Don't really need it at 5NL as I crush those stakes mostly.

@ Ovalman

Yes I know the basic is only 59,99. However I'm gonna play poker alot in future and rather buy the full thing at once. I'm not really a fan of buying stuff online. So I'd rather do it the once. And ye if I come way short from this challenge I might need to concider it. However unlikely as I still got the 30days trial ahead.

Gonna go start my sessions today

Old
Sun Dec 16, 2012, 10:28 AM
(#5)
Day 1 so far:

3026 hands: total profit $24.79
Going to HM2 bankroll= $12.40
Duration: 2h30

Left until goal reached: $87.6

Last edited by Sentras; Sun Dec 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM..

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 10:08 AM
(#6)
Day 2 so far:
3016 hands: total profit: -$8.33
Going to HM2 bankroll= $12.40
duration: 2h40
VPP: 62

Had a pretty bad session, but played it good none the less. Did find some spots I'd now play differently and came up against alot of people I didn't play against. Somethimes you gotta pay medium $$ now to find out weaknesses to gain big profits from them in the future.

Also this is probably like an insane long time ago that I have a negative session over 3k hands

Looking forward to day 3.

Last edited by Sentras; Mon Dec 17, 2012 at 10:12 AM..

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 11:32 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hey Sentras, I see u at the tables all the time ... usually with like a 4-6 buy-in stack - very nice!

I've read your strategy blogs ... think you ought to really like all the analysis you can do with those HUD programs like HM and PT - very addictive

Such sick volume you're getting in ... I guess I haven't been analyzing my hands after playing because I've been doing it *while* playing - but I guess I keep forgetting that sometimes you can't do that and still get volume in. Maybe it's more efficient to be doing it afterwards anyways, I don't know ...

Anyways, sounds like you've set up a solid plan there, so it sounds like you're on your way to getting that HUD - and hey we all have those days. Looking forward to reading more blogs from you on how you're finding it!

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 08:09 AM
(#8)
Hey tahnks trustysam! I appreciate a good reader.
However if you find me at the tables and think I play exactly like on the blogs you'll be geussing pretty wrong.
The good thing about NL5 is that I don't need a HUD. I play like my blogs against unknowns. But in NL5 nobody adapts his game. So paying of 1euro to find out info from grinders for example is like 20euros for me over a month

Lately I've been noticing they start 3betting me more in position. Probably because I open wide? I don't know my VPIP and such due no HUD thats the downside. But I've been experimenting against those button 3bets with 4bets. And up till now. They literally fold JJ's up till AQ somethimes even QQ's. Finding that 4bet really profitablen, as they don't really like calling it.
However I know they players I'm 4betting there. And they still think I only 4bet KK AA Thats what I always used to show hehe.
So I keep adapting my play. And also note what they saw how I played, so mix it up. With a HUD from the start I doubt I'd ever would develop my play like this. So I can only suggest playing without a HUD in the start.

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 11:07 AM
(#9)
Day 3 so far:
3003 hands: total profit: $20.67
Going to HM2 bankroll= $10.34
duration: 2h20
VPP: 59

Left until goal is reached: $77.26
11days to go!

Some interesting hands from this session:

1st hand:
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...693_BBE00DE11C
Info: I was very confident that I had the best hand even if I didn't have trips.
Note on villain: Doesn't slowplay set as aggressor.
He checks means 99% of the time he missed. He was so weak i felt check trips would be smarter as now he might think his JJ QQ KK's are good. He makes a really small bet telling me exactly ok he doesn't have much. But to get some more value from the above hands i reraise really small, and also to make me look weak. (normally i pound on weakness way bigger.)
He reraises.Only possible hand he could have = a bluff if i trust my note. I'm willing to change it if i was wrong. And I picked off a bluff. Willing to call with 1 pair if it wasn't trips.
(This proving mixing up your game is important!)

Hand 2:
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...990_8CE3A96C23

info: Some of you might rereraise the turn raise there. However his reraise on that rievr looks really strong and AK there is the very weakest holding. With the Ah in his hand he made a good reraise. If I'd reraise I don't think it'll be profitable against good players. As you'd only get called by better. Although of this hand I'm not sure. I choice the safe route as he was out of posision he'd play sets differently. My read on the hand.
I would like me to bet a little bigger on the river. As he clearly shown he had something.

Hand 3:
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...055_7B120C81D4

info: This is a very educational hand. My note stated: Donks 2ce with a draw. We can see he donked against our 3bet. The turn a flush got there. And he stops betting. I think he'd more often continue betting because the chances of me having a flush there are very very slim. Alarm bells started ringing in my head by then. He doesn't bet? Is this how he plays when he hits? and so I wiselycheck because theres nothing to protect from with my AA's. I'm most of the time already crushed or drawing dead. And the 9 tops it all ofcourse letting every draw come in. I'd even fold against a smaller bet here. And I think many people might make a mistake here by calling or betting the turn.

hand 4:
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...228_65F32016E9

info: Note in a session of 3000hands I only bluffed 2hands. I only bluff on spots where I think the fold equity is just sooo high. The first bluff this session I got called down with A high, making him the biggest fish I've ever seen. Concidering I rarely ever bluff. So even that bluff against him would be profitable in the long run with my made hands. He only has to call me 1ce with A high again and i already got profit out that bluff. But now this hand.

I get 3bet by an unknown. So it's pretty safe to say 90% of the times he'll have a very strong holding there. JJ's+
I call proceeding with extreem caution but my hand is too strong to fold. I love seeing flops with AK because people keep firing QQ's and JJ's on K/A high boards. making it easely profitable. 678rainbow. This will never hit him strong here, but he'll very often have have an overpair here. I decide to float here which I rarely do. But I gotta think. This must be a pretty scary board for him. He knows I'm unlikely to have KK AA and if he has QQ's hell it's pretty damn dangerous for him. I could have 99 1010's there easely. So I float to see the turn. I check and he bets again The 9 is perfect. My 99 and 1010's would be the nuts there. he'll never hold a 10 there. Making the fold equity I pressume very high that the shove only would make it profitable. (however we are in micro stakes and people somethimes call so bad.) Thats why I only shoved having the flush draw with it. I he makes a bad call I still win 1/4 times.

Any question thoughts or anything on the way I play feel free. Always open to improve myself. But I must be doing something right as I'm fairly profitable for zoom.

Last edited by Sentras; Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 11:11 AM..

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 08:07 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentras View Post
Hey tahnks trustysam! I appreciate a good reader.
However if you find me at the tables and think I play exactly like on the blogs you'll be geussing pretty wrong.
The good thing about NL5 is that I don't need a HUD. I play like my blogs against unknowns. But in NL5 nobody adapts his game. So paying of 1euro to find out info from grinders for example is like 20euros for me over a month
Hey!

I guess we haven't played a pot against each other since way early - like after I noticed your posts at PSO, I've been avoiding getting into pots with u now that I've seen how u think!

Like, occasionally I've wondered about that too ... whether disclosing details of my 'game' might be giving people an advantage over me at the tables?

But then I look at all the live trainers and how much more info they disclose about their games, and it doesn't seem to have affected their games I don't think? I mean like I wouldn't know, but I would have thought that if any of them started to notice it impacting their game, they'd move on from PSO? I dont' know?

And then like, my whole 'game' comes from PSO anyways, so it's not like I'm doing anything particularly novel or different from ABC.

And like, I kind of get the sense that upto a certain stake, maybe it's more EV for people to be working on plugging leaks in our own game, rather than looking for subtle advantages over regs? Because the game's so complex ... so is anybody really reading my stuff with that level of depth?

And then ... the info that we're disclosing, like gosh ... I mean like from reading your strategy pieces I learned that you sometimes call 3bets with middling pocket pairs (with a 100bb stack) if you think the person's only 3betting for value hands like AA and KK? Except like, I don't think to get in a pot with you would be worth it, when instead I could play against somebody like this, eh?:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=6EBFBE139A

So ... maybe I shouldn't have said that I'd prefer not to get into pots with u ... but then again, I'm sure you've probably already noticed, so like ... I think it's not so bad to disclose bits of one's game sometimes maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentras View Post
Lately I've been noticing they start 3betting me more in position. Probably because I open wide? I don't know my VPIP and such due no HUD thats the downside. But I've been experimenting against those button 3bets with 4bets. And up till now. They literally fold JJ's up till AQ somethimes even QQ's. Finding that 4bet really profitablen, as they don't really like calling it.
However I know they players I'm 4betting there. And they still think I only 4bet KK AA Thats what I always used to show hehe.
So I keep adapting my play. And also note what they saw how I played, so mix it up.
From what I'm seeing, your stats look perfect - like no red flags whatsoever.

When I'm in a downswing, it seems like I get 3bet and check-raised a TON more - like everybody's hitting the top of their ranges? Maybe that's all it was?

The only other thing I can think of is that you're doing that stuff when we haven't been at the same table, and so the stats I have showing for u are different from your true overall stats? Another pso player willhebe was telling me the stats he had for showing for me during the 6max challenge, and they were way different from what I had on myself, so I can't be sure. But I can post what I have on you if you want to see.

Nice to see u bounced back today with the roll! GL at the tables!

PS The hands look good!!
1) Somebody 3betting with K-9 ... what a dog!
2) Kind of scary to get reraised with 2nd nuts ... nice call!
3) Nice fold!
4) Interesting!!

PPS Gosh gotta go grind ... guess I have to stop pausing to analyze my hands and just play :/

Last edited by TrustySam; Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 08:13 PM..

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 03:27 AM
(#11)
It's funny you mention that you avoid pots with me. In one way thats a bad thing. Because avoiding someone = scared money and it could be a good opportunity to learn and improve your game.
However somethimes it costs you money, but then again to improve your game or learn from mistakes it always costs money.

However I'm more and more feeling the regs are avoiding me. Certainly the ultimate regs there. Or they are like ultimo nits.

As for me I'm avoiding nobody on the tables. Hell I rather play against the regs! Because they have such automated play.
Some regs 3bet like spasm in position and I 4bet them. Hell even if i'm in the smallblind and CO opens Button 3bets I stone cold 4bet from time to time. With a speculative hand. Depending on the maths I somethimes have to call a shove. I also make the 4bet a little under 3x. As I feel it gives the same pressure as 3x.

But ye I'm really not scared of sharing how I play. Because I'm confident about my game and can adapt. If someone was reading my blogs and posts and never told me his name and tries abusing my play. He'll definatly be profitable in the start. But I'd catch on to him.

About my PP's play. I made suddle changes. I might make a blog about how I changed my play compared to the posts.

And trustysam never ever find it a waste to analyse your hands! Thats really impotrant. How I do it is during a session, whenever theres a showdown. I open the replayer see what he had and think how I could make more money next time or lose less etc. If you have PT3/HM2 I'd be spending hours a day scouting my play, looking for weakspots. And impliment them in the next sessions. But ofcourse you gotta put in the volume. 2k hands a day is the eral minimum for me. Only takes 1h20 if 4tabling

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 09:22 AM
(#12)
Day 4 so far:
1056 hands: total profit: $21.47 (NL10, against rules however this doesn't count for the challenge. This 20$ will be part of my $25 birthday present in case I need it!)
NL5 games will still be played today. Still in need of 3k hands.
Also I'd love to make goldstar this month so I can start of like a champion in januari for anual goals purposes. 1700VPP's still in need to be earned.

Amount of hands to put in:
NL5: 85k hands. (would mean 6500hands a day. around 5h30 a day)
NL10: 48.5k hands. (would mean 3700hands a day around 3h a day.)
=> all in all very very hand to realise this challenge will give me around 780VPP.
However I won't play these many hands if it would cost me money. Fair to say I really don't think I'll be capable of making it unless I make a sick grind on 1 day.

NL5:
3025 hands: total profit: $15.36
Going to HM2 bankroll= $7.63
duration: mixed in multiple sessions
VPP: mixed in multiple sessions

Left until goal is reached: $69.63
10days to go!

Last edited by Sentras; Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 07:59 AM..

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 10:55 AM
(#13)
Challenge is closed until further noticed. Personal reasons.
I case you are wondering. I'm fine^^

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com