Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Dec 17, 2012, 12:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion. I'm new there and never deposited anything.

Can anyone help?

Laurent "PicpusMx" Cassaro

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 06:06 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 12:02 AM
(#3)
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money NL 9-max tables (full ring) and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 12:10 AM
(#4)
Thank you Cannonlee.

I just received a mail telling me I have a PSO ticket (for a Premier skill league qualifier,it seems), having completed the "poker basics" course. I'm about to finish the cash game course.

I'll attend the live training session and post a hand as soon as I can.

Last edited by PicpusMx; Tue Dec 18, 2012 at 12:15 AM..

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 12:20 AM
(#5)
Hi Pic,

Well done on getting the PSL ticket!

Please refer to post #3 ITT(in this thread) for the next step in your Bank Roll Builder Training!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of the stages in this promotion.

Old
Thumbs up
Live training session - Tue Dec 18, 2012, 11:23 PM
(#6)
Ok, so I have attended the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training session (and the 'Bet Sizing' session, since it was starting just afterwards). You guys are doing a nice job for us, really !

I still need to find an interesting hand to post here, not an easy task, I always seems to encounter only tables full of alliners (74o, yeah, ALLIN ! True story ). I'll post it as soon as I have something worthy.

By the way, a question about my PSO ticket : is it a "use it once, then it's gone" ticket ? I didn't found any information about that, only that it allows me to enter one (or all?) Premier Skill League Qualifier tournaments. Not really important since it has a buyin cost, but I wanted to know.

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 04:43 PM
(#7)

One of the very first hands I've played, after folding a ton of hands. The players at this table limped a lot preflop, and went crazy afterwards, even with nothing. That's why I called the HUGE flop overbet (100 in a pot of 15) with only top pair on a super-drawy paired board. If it was real money, I would always fold in this situation, but here, the crazyness of my opponents enticed me to make a (stupid) call. On the turn, the King of diamonds makes all the draws possible (the ONE card nobody wanted to see, I guess), so the remaining villain and me go check-check until showdown. Nevertheless, I was pretty sure I would be stacked, so imagine my surprise at showdown.

But yeah, I guess that's pretty bad poker, so I'll add another hand to redeem me

This time, I'm in the blinds and 2 players limp. I flop an open-ended straight draw, and since it's a min-bet, I call hoping that the other guy will follow (he doesn't, but I still had the odds to call, right ?). I hit one of my 8 outs, and then it goes 3Bet - 4 bet - 5 bet - ... allin. My bet sizes are ugly, but I had troubles with my keyboard, so I was using the slider (too bad there's no shortcuts like 1/2 pot 2/3 pot 3/4 pot buttons). Can you spot something wrong in my play of this hand ?

Last edited by PicpusMx; Wed Dec 19, 2012 at 04:56 PM..

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 05:29 AM
(#8)
Hi,

With villain7's huge over bet, I'd raise all in on this flop given our reads on this villain and their stack depth wouldn't hurt for them to call. They can be capable of over betting that with draws as well a weaker Jx, 9x holdings wouldn't over bet so much as they would possibly scare weaker holdings off the pot on the 1st street. Let's get it in!

The turn 5bet sizing, based on the villains stack depth... I'd make a sizing of 190 to 220, that should set up the pot size to get stacks in on the river effectively.
Any sizing bigger than that can potentially get weaker holdings to concede the pot.

Your first Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours. Please use this buy-in at a full table of 9-players 1/2c (9-max) NLHE. If you encounter any spots that where difficult..post a hand replay here and I'll assist you!

Good luck at the tables!

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 11:55 AM
(#9)
Thank you CannonLee !

I've started to play in NL2 FR, now I have 4.40$ and 1.94 VPP . I'll post here any interesting hand that I'm not sure if it was the correct play. For now, I'm playing very cautiously, with 2 buyins I can't play too aggressively, especially preflop.

Any more live training session I should attend ? Do I have to finish the cash game course ?

Regards,

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 06:27 PM
(#10)
About playing too cautiously ...

Only 12 hands on this table when this hand was played. Villain has played 6 hands out of 12, 3 of them raised (50/25). I raise KQo from the cutoff, but the short-stacked villain 3Bet me allin ... should I have called, or my fold is definitely too tight ? I'm still unsure about that.

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 10:22 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PicpusMx View Post
Thank you CannonLee !

I've started to play in NL2 FR, now I have 4.40$ and 1.94 VPP . I'll post here any interesting hand that I'm not sure if it was the correct play. For now, I'm playing very cautiously, with 2 buyins I can't play too aggressively, especially preflop.

Any more live training session I should attend ? Do I have to finish the cash game course ?

Regards,
Well done at the tables!
Keep playing a solid starting hand range and get some value post flop.

You can earn a 2nd buyin by completing the Cash Game Quiz.
here is a complete overview of the steps in the Bank Roll Builder >>click here<< let me know once you have passed it.

There is a narrow range that has us crushed. (AK AQ AA KK QQ). Two of these hands are most likely going to jam pre-flop AK AQ..as for AA KK QQ they might just want to take it post flop and get some value on their stack depth of 15bb.
Good fold

Last edited by CannonLee; Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 10:26 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 11:23 PM
(#12)
Thank you CannonLee for your valuable comment on my KQo hand. Before studying the starting hand chart of this course, I always overvalued hands like AQ / KQ.

I just finished the cash game quizz : 76%, that means that I passed it, BUT that I need to re-read the cash game couse

In the mean time, back to the NLHE FR 0.01/0.02

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 05:59 AM
(#13)
Hi,

There is nothing wrong with valuing hands like KQ or AQ vs. certain villains. There is room to justify a call with the KQo hand a few posts above...simply because of the players stack depth/effective stack size and the ranges that they are capable of jamming..12 hands is a small sample size on the villain to accurately range the villain..but read less and trying to build a BR with a few buy-ins..it's best to just pick a better spot to get the chips in!

Well done on the Cash Game Quiz! Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buyin will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours!

Best of luck to you at the tables!

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 06:50 PM
(#14)
Ok, I've received the second buyin, cool yeah

I guess that now I have to make 10 VPP playing NL2 FR, but I already have 3.65 VPP : do they count, or do I have to make 10 VPPs more (ie. 13.65) ?

Old
Sun Dec 23, 2012, 04:16 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Ok, I've received the second buyin, cool yeah

I guess that now I have to make 10 VPP playing NL2 FR, but I already have 3.65 VPP : do they count, or do I have to make 10 VPPs more (ie. 13.65) ?
Hi,

Yes 10 VPPs more.

After completing the cash game quiz, there are three ways you can earn two additional buy-ins**:

1.) Earn 10 VIP Player Points (VPPs) at PokerStars $0.01/$0.02 FR NLHE tables and we will automatically release your next buy-in.

2.) If you lose your buy-in before earning the required VPPs, you will need to post the key hands from your losing session in your forum thread. Your PSO instructor will review your play and, where necessary, suggest additional training before sending you back to the tables with your next buy-in.

3.)At any point, you can make a deposit and all remaining buy-ins from the promotion will automatically be released.

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 10:23 AM
(#16)
Hi CannonLee !

I finally made 10 VPPs
Took some time with holidays, but it's done. By the way, happy new year and all

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 10:27 AM
(#17)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi CannonLee !
I finally made 10 VPPs
Hi PicpusMx,

Super!

There's 2 ways to get your remaining buy-in.

1) Earn another 10 Vpp's after getting your last buy-in

or

2) Should you lose the buy-in post the hand where you lost the money here using the replayer and we'll analyse it for you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thumbs up
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 10:29 AM
(#18)
Ok, back to NL2 FR then

BTW, Does playing freerolls disqualify me for the promotion ? I finished 2nd yesterday in a PokerSchool Open, and also won a ticket to a 2K$ freeroll, and don't want to lose the last buyin just for that

Last edited by PicpusMx; Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 10:45 AM..

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 11:03 AM
(#19)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Ok, back to NL2 FR then

BTW, Does playing freerolls disqualify me for the promotion ? I finished 2nd yesterday in a PokerSchool Open, and also won a ticket to a 2K$ freeroll, and don't want to lose the last buyin just for that

Hi PicpusMx,

Playing freerolls is fine

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 05, 2013, 02:03 PM
(#20)
Hi there !

I'm now at 25.25 VPP, but I don't know if it's enough, since I was playing when I received the last buyin. Now at 19.99$, even with some big losses with huge hands. 3290 hands is not a big sample, but I'm happy with my 18.13 BB/100

EDIT : never mind, I just received my last buyin !

SO I've finished the promo, right ? Free to play what I want ? :P

Time to thank you all for this great promo. I hope I'll be able to "grind the stakes" from there.

Last edited by PicpusMx; Sat Jan 05, 2013 at 11:57 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com