Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Dec 17, 2012, 03:09 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
I'd like to try this promotion!

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 06:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 12:04 AM
(#3)
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money NL 9-max tables (full ring) and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

Old
Thumbs up
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 05:22 AM
(#4)

Very loose table of course, so I had a feel that my hand was good, and plus I had a nut-flush draw on the guy, so I went over the top. I hope you find it an okay play!

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 05:42 AM
(#5)
Hi,

Nice to see that you know how to use the hand replayer and nice pot!

Please attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions and pass the Basic Assessment Quiz. Once you have completed that..let me know and your first Bank Roll Builder we bill awarded to you

Good luck!

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 09:21 PM
(#6)
Okay, I attended tonight's class and passed the "Poker Basics" quiz. Next steps would now be what?

Thanks!

Last edited by buzzzzz saw; Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 09:43 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 06:42 AM
(#7)
Hi,

Well done on the quiz!

Did you find the session useful?

Your first Bank Roll Builder buyin will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours, please use this real money buy-in at a full table(9 players) 1/2c 9-max NLHE table.

If you encounter any situations that where difficult during your session, please post a hand replay here in your thread and I'll assist you!

Good luck!

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 08:40 AM
(#8)

An interesting one here. I may well have been too cavalier, but it worked out nicely in the end.

I had noted the opponent's aggressive play earlier and felt he was a likely C-bet follow-up bluffer. So on flop I thought I'd flat call in position with my bottom pair and steal-raise on turn, representing the flush.

When instead I hit 2-pair and assumed opponent may have hit his Ace too, I decided to shut down the action by making it either too expensive for him to draw to a flush or, if he called, it was likely with a weaker hand at this point anyway.

Problem perhaps (probably?) is that my shove was such an overbet that it was foolhardy and inadvisable. On the other hand, if EV seems quite positive, why not get them in the middle?

Btw, even though this table had open seats at the time of this hand, at the time I sat down to it, it was full with no sit-outs. Is that still okay for the sake of this promotion? Thanks!

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 10:25 AM
(#9)

And here's another one I'd be interested in feedback on..

I entered the pot on this rather tight table raising a guy who had been limp-call-folding all session long. I felt also that if I got other callers, the hand would play well speculatively as well. So I did get 3 callers, and I landed in position, so far so good.

The flop obviously did not connect, but seemed very worth trying a "value-seeking" C-bet there in position, representing the set and hoping to take it all down right there.

But I got called and a scary turn card came down, so I had decision to make.. Opponent had always seemed to play a pretty tight game, so should I fire a medium C-bet again hoping he had only a lesser pair and would fold to my "set"? Or bet sizably so as to price out his hoped-for flush draw? Or just play it safe and give up?

All considered, including the dangerous board, it seemed wise to surrender, as I doubted he only had a lesser pair, given his conservative style, and it seemed dumb to risk a big bluff bet. As it was, the possible flush also came in on the river. Which is probably what he was after because he pounced on the river bet. I folded, losing only 20¢ on my speculation, all told. Opponent won 50¢. Using my late position, I had succeeded in keeping the pot small while still probing for a decent 2.5:1 payoff.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by buzzzzz saw; Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 10:38 AM..

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 02:57 PM
(#10)
Have now attended "Bet Sizing" training. Was definitely useful.

Any next steps now as far as the promotion is concerned?

Thanks!

Old
Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:14 AM
(#11)
Hi,

This is an okay starting hand that has a lot of potential!
I really like your position at the table.

Being on the button with positional advantage post flop at a short handed table with one 3x opener, I'd call and see a flop.
What where your reads on this villain? When the flop comes and we call the villains continuation bet..what range are they doing this with?

The turn comes the , this is a perfect card to get it in based on our stack depth as well the villains and the chips we have invested! At this point we are about a 62/38 favourite vs. a potential wide range of Ax that has a stray diamond. Very nice pot!

I like your thought process!
This is not a premium starting hand, but a hand that's very disguised post flop.
4x isolating a hand like this in MP is ultimately based on what the villains in the HJ, CO and BTN tendencies are.

Our flop line is standard as the board texture has some card removal from villain's ranges, but let's take into consideration the SB, what range are they going to flat pre-flop and be in a positional disadvantage post flop?

When we get c/c just shut down turn and river. Well played!

Last edited by CannonLee; Sun Dec 23, 2012 at 05:24 AM..

Old
Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:28 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzzzz saw View Post
Have now attended "Bet Sizing" training. Was definitely useful.

Any next steps now as far as the promotion is concerned?

Thanks!
Hi,

Take the Cash Game Quiz and you can earn a 2nd Bank Roll Builder buyin! Let me know once you have completed it!

Also, >>click here<< for a complete overview of the remaining stages.

Good luck!

Old
Question
Sun Dec 23, 2012, 05:57 PM
(#13)
Completed the cash-game quiz! Enjoyed it, too.

And I suppose that by now I have earned at least 10 VPPs at the 1/2 NLHE full-ring tables. So does that mean that two Bankroll-Builder portions will be released now?

I presume that I may play only full-ring games, never 6-max games until all Bankroll-Builder portions have been earned, is that correct? But I'm sure it's still okay to play the odd 10¢ or 55¢ or FPP tournaments, right? I just want to be clear on all that..

Thanks!

Old
Mon Dec 24, 2012, 10:55 AM
(#14)
Quote:
Completed the cash-game quiz! Enjoyed it, too.

And I suppose that by now I have earned at least 10 VPPs at the 1/2 NLHE full-ring tables. So does that mean that two Bankroll-Builder portions will be released now?

I presume that I may play only full-ring games, never 6-max games until all Bankroll-Builder portions have been earned, is that correct? But I'm sure it's still okay to play the odd 10¢ or 55¢ or FPP tournaments, right? I just want to be clear on all that..

Thanks!
Hi,

Well done on the Cash Game Quiz!

After passing the Cash Game Quiz, only 1 buyin will be awarded and once you have accrued 10vpps with the 2nd buyin a 3rd buyin will be awarded.

Yes, when it comes to the Bank Roll Builder buyins this promo is only to be used for (9-max)Full Ring 1/2c NLHE and not for Zoom, 6max, MTTs or SNGs. As for your FPPs that is entirely up to you, play what you'd like to.

Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder will be awarded to you within 24 hours! Let me know once you have received your 2nd buyin and accrued 10vpps.

Good luck.

Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Dec 24, 2012 at 10:57 AM..

Old
Question
Tue Dec 25, 2012, 12:41 AM
(#15)
I'm sure by now I've earned the required 10 VPPs. Probably even 20. If it is 20, would both the last two apportionments be released? Or is it earn 10, announce, wait for award, earn 10 more after that, announce, get last apportionment?

Thanks!

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 09:12 AM
(#16)
Quote:
I'm sure by now I've earned the required 10 VPPs. Probably even 20. If it is 20, would both the last two apportionments be released? Or is it earn 10, announce, wait for award, earn 10 more after that, announce, get last apportionment?

Thanks!
Hi,

Well done on attaining the VPPs!

All of your Bank Roll Builder buy-ins have been awarded to you!

I'd like to wish you the best of luck in your poker journey this upcoming 2013 here at www.pokerschoolonline.com and at the tables!

If you have any questions about a hand that you played, just post a hand replay in the Hand Analysis forum!

Old
Question
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 09:12 AM
(#17)
Got what I think what was the third of the maximum four Bankroll Builder awards. Thanks for that.

After receiving, I played a lot on an incredibly loose table and surely earned the next 10 VPPs in the process. So will the last Bankroll Builder award now be coming? Ahhh, I see now you say all have been awarded, so nevermind!

Still, for fun, here was the coup de grace on that loose table, against a quite maniacal player who'd I'd been stalking for an hour or two. He had bad-beat me big two or three times in the process, forcing me even to rebuy in once, but he who has the last laugh, laughs best, as they say.

My initial minraise was my standard play on almost any two cards, waiting to see how the maniac would enter. If he entered cheap (< 30¢), I would enter, again, with pretty much anything, knowing that if I connected strong, I could very well stack him. The UTG player was pretty much doing the same thing as I, albeit even more loosely, so his call of the maniac's reraise didn't faze me. I 4-bet to signal the UTG player to back off, this hand was mine. The flop was good for me and I wanted to elicit a raise from the maniac, as was his wont, but only got a call, probably because of my 4-bet pre-flop. Turn was pretty good for me but offered a flush draw, so I knew I wanted to make him pay dearly for the river, and so overbet. Looking back on it, I think the overbet was too large, as it could well have scared him off. (I myself was stack-committed against this guy no matter what, as he often re-raise semi-bluffed huge.)

In the end, revenge came delightful, and delicious. Surely one of my biggest pots to date.

Last edited by buzzzzz saw; Wed Dec 26, 2012 at 09:18 AM..

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 09:52 AM
(#18)
Quote:
Got what I think what was the third of the maximum four Bankroll Builder awards. Thanks for that.

After receiving, I played a lot on an incredibly loose table and surely earned the next 10 VPPs in the process. So will the last Bankroll Builder award now be coming? Ahhh, I see now you say all have been awarded, so nevermind!

Still, for fun, here was the coup de grace on that loose table, against a quite maniacal player who'd I'd been stalking for an hour or two. He had bad-beat me big two or three times in the process, forcing me even to rebuy in once, but he who has the last laugh, laughs best, as they say.

My initial minraise was my standard play on almost any two cards, waiting to see how the maniac would enter. If he entered cheap (< 30¢), I would enter, again, with pretty much anything, knowing that if I connected strong, I could very well stack him. The UTG player was pretty much doing the same thing as I, albeit even more loosely, so his call of the maniac's reraise didn't faze me. I 4-bet to signal the UTG player to back off, this hand was mine. The flop was good for me and I wanted to elicit a raise from the maniac, as was his wont, but only got a call, probably because of my 4-bet pre-flop. Turn was pretty good for me but offered a flush draw, so I knew I wanted to make him pay dearly for the river, and so overbet. Looking back on it, I think the overbet was too large, as it could well have scared him off. (I myself was stack-committed against this guy no matter what, as he often re-raise semi-bluffed huge.)

In the end, revenge came delightful, and delicious. Surely one of my biggest pots to date.
Hi,

You have received all four of your Bank Roll Builder buy-ins, you can check by going to the PokerStars Cashier>>History for last 30 days.

JJ
This a very interesting spot!

I like the min raise to induce a 3bet from the loose villain, but I'd open for 4x the bb + 1bb for each limper to build a pot with the top of my starting hand range, plus presuming the villain is extremely loose and will either most likely call or re-raise adjusting my opening size won't affect the situation to much as we are trying isolating him or rather when he 3bets he is isolating himself

I like your flop line, as for the turn you 100% correct on looking at the hand after the fact..betting a smaller amount would have been optimal as we want to keep a weaker range of made hands 99 and below as well maybe Ax high in the pot..1/2 to 3/4 pot bet is ideal!

Very nice pot for 2nl! 1528bb!

Last edited by CannonLee; Wed Dec 26, 2012 at 09:55 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com