Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Dec 17, 2012, 04:03 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
Hi, i signed up for pokerschool and i am interested in the bankroll builder.

Thank you in advance.

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 06:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 12:03 AM
(#3)
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, please practice on the play money NL 9-max tables (full ring) and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the hand replayer.

Old
PP 5's check all round all, all in on turn. should i of folded? - Thu Dec 20, 2012, 02:02 AM
(#4)

Villian_7 has been playing very loose and going all in with air very often. The rest of the table have been folding a lot to larger bets.

Last edited by nickofate; Thu Dec 20, 2012 at 02:12 AM..

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 03:39 AM
(#5)
Hi,

Nice to see that you know how to use the hand replayer!

This is certainly an interesting spot post flop with pocket 5's, especially on the turn.

When the board pairs with JxxJ, at a short handed table we can take in to account card removal from the villains range and "possibly" bet to get value from Ax Kx high.

But this is full ring 9-max, our line is leaning towards checking our option on the turn for pot control to induce any range of Ax Kx to stab at the river. Keep in mind that it's a full table with a lot of cards in play and potentially live cards..

Here is why.

(from a real money standpoint)

* There is not that many worse range of hands that are check calling that flop in a multiway pot, besides Ax, Kx high and maybe on rare occasions some straight draws.

* All Jx are most likely going to take the villains line by default (not all the time, depends on villain tendencies) by check calling all of their medium to strong pairs or 3 of a kind on a dry board texture as there is not to many turn/river cards that really hurt their action.

On the river, we spike the 5. This is an all in for our remaining 50bb after investing such a huge portion of our stack, we mind as well get that 3rd street value bet in..we are ahead of all Jx and only a narrow range of those have us beat.

Please attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions and pass the Basic Assessment Quiz. Once you have completed that, your first Bank Roll Builder we bill awarded to you

Good luck!

Old
Attended Getting Started - Sun Dec 23, 2012, 03:25 AM
(#6)
I have attended the Getting Started live training today 23/12/2012 and have already passed the basic assessment quiz.

Old
Sun Dec 23, 2012, 06:03 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickofate View Post
I have attended the Getting Started live training today 23/12/2012 and have already passed the basic assessment quiz.
Hi,

Well done on the quiz

Did you find the Getting Started Live Training helpful?

Your first Bank Roll Builder buyin will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours, please use this real money buy-in at a full table(9 players) 1/2c 9-max NLHE table.

If you have any questions about a hand that you played, post a hand replay here in your thread and I'll assist you!

Good luck!

Old
Bet Sizing wrong? - Mon Dec 24, 2012, 10:50 PM
(#8)

In this hand, i am fresh at the table, dont have any reads on the opp's. should i of just called the re-raise to have a chance at getting more from my hand?

also, how do i go about getting the next free bankroll available for the bankroll builder? thank you in advance

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 08:45 AM
(#9)
Quote:
In this hand, i am fresh at the table, dont have any reads on the opp's. should i of just called the re-raise to have a chance at getting more from my hand?

also, how do i go about getting the next free bankroll available for the bankroll builder? thank you in advance
Hi,

:6:6
Being out of position I like the flat call from the big blind, most of the time we are not going to feel comfortable playing for stacks if we do not hit a set, this is pretty much a fit or fold hand post flop.

On the flop, our lead bet is fine as it's giving the villain the correct odds to call when in fact they are way behind from a percentage standpoint. I'd flat call the villains 3bet, our hand is just to strong on this rainbow board texture to be re-raising as there is most likely a narrow range to get value from given the fact the villain opened the pot for 4x (8c) which screams AK AQ AJ JJ+

Please take the Cash Game Quiz, let me know once you have passed it and your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you!

Also, >>click here<< for a complete overview of all the stages in your Bank Roll Builder training.

Good luck!

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 09:04 AM
(#10)
I have already passed cash game quiz.

I have also earned 10 VPP's for the next step i think

Last edited by nickofate; Wed Dec 26, 2012 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: more info

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 09:36 AM
(#11)
Quote:
I have already passed cash game quiz.
Hi,

Well done on the Cash Game Quiz!

Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours!

Good luck at the tables!

Old
info - Wed Dec 26, 2012, 10:01 AM
(#12)
Hey, i was wondering if you could point me towards something that will help me in reading other peoples hands in online poker, ty in advance.

also not sure if you saw my edit, but i have earned 10VPP, does that mean i qualify for the next bankroll part as well?

Thanks.

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 10:34 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Hey, i was wondering if you could point me towards something that will help me in reading other peoples hands in online poker, ty in advance.
I have got just what you are looking for
The art and science of ranging opponents by PSO Head Trainer Dave "TheLangolier"
>>click here<< to watch the Live Training Session replay!

Quote:
also not sure if you saw my edit, but i have earned 10VPP, does that mean i qualify for the next bankroll part as well?

Thanks.
Once you have accrued 10VPPs with the 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in the 3rd buy-in will be awarded

Please >>click here<< for a complete overview of the Bank Roll Builder stages for the 3rd and 4th buy-in.

Best of luck to you at the tables.

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 08:07 AM
(#14)
well after a day of bad variance and a bit of tilt, haha, i am down all of my progress,ouch, but i think i have made the required VPP for my next bankroll installment, and man do i need it haha.

Last edited by nickofate; Fri Dec 28, 2012 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: luck = variance in the poker world = P

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 08:20 AM
(#15)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
well after a day of bad variance and a bit of tilt, haha, i am down all of my progress,ouch, but i think i have made the required VPP for my next bankroll installment, and man do i need it haha.
Hi nickofate,

You need to have accumulated 10 VPP's AFTER you have received your last buy-in to earn another.

Any VPP's earned BEFORE you received your last buy-in won't count.

So you are saying that you have earned 10 VPP's after you received your last buy-in? If this is correct then you will automatically receive your next buy-in. If it's not correct then you wont.

Please let us know.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 10:27 PM
(#16)
when i received the last bankroll installment, i had 10VPP, and i now have 21.5VPP, so i believe i have earned 10VPP AFTER i got the last bankroll installment.

sorry for confusion or misunderstanding.

Old
correct call? - Fri Dec 28, 2012, 10:42 PM
(#17)

Villian_2 is playing aggressive and calling a lot when bet into.

over a small amount of hands(49) has VP 41 and PR 24. 0 folds to c-bets.

I had also beaten him in a few marginal hands with decent size pots so i had a feeling he may of been betting all in out of frustration.

should i move these hand discussions over to a new place or can i continue posting hands for analysis here?

thanks

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 08:15 AM
(#18)
Quote:
when i received the last bankroll installment, i had 10VPP, and i now have 21.5VPP, so i believe i have earned 10VPP AFTER i got the last bankroll installment.

sorry for confusion or misunderstanding.
That's fine, if you have earned 10VPPs you will be automatically credited with the next buy-in. Let me know when you receive it

Quote:
Villian_2 is playing aggressive and calling a lot when bet into.

over a small amount of hands(49) has VP 41 and PR 24. 0 folds to c-bets.

I had also beaten him in a few marginal hands with decent size pots so i had a feeling he may of been betting all in out of frustration.

should i move these hand discussions over to a new place or can i continue posting hands for analysis here?

thanks
This is the correct place to post your hand histories for now!

With the reads that we have on the villain of hand ranges and their tendencies, I like this call! The only hands that really have us dominated are KK or AA, every other pocket pair QQ and below it's basically a coin flip 50/50, it would strike me as kind of odd for the villain to 4bet jam 200+bb into a (our) standard sized 3bet of (21c) with the absolute top of their range..AA KK We have blockers to these two hands as well..Good call pre-flop!

Old
bankroll received - Sat Dec 29, 2012, 10:41 PM
(#19)
received the next bankroll builder, thanks.

Good to know that i made a correct call, loosing a pot like that for a largish portion of my bankroll hit me hard haha, thanks

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 10:24 AM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
received the next bankroll builder, thanks.

Good to know that i made a correct call, loosing a pot like that for a largish portion of my bankroll hit me hard haha, thanks
Hi nickofate,

Super!

There's 2 ways to get your remaining buy-in.

1) Earn another 10 Vpp's after getting your last buy-in

or

2) Should you lose the buy-in post the hand where you lost the money here using the replayer and we'll analyse it for you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com