Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Mon Dec 17, 2012, 10:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
Hi there,

I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

and I have a question .... who has account in IntelliPoker, may have also account here and use the bonus and promotions of the two?

thanks, Santiago

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 12:34 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psantiago20 View Post
Hi there,
I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?
Can anyone help?
and I have a question .... who has account in IntelliPoker, may have also account here and use the bonus and promotions of the two?
thanks, Santiago
Hi Santiago,

Members can one be active at one school only, you can't have an account in two different schools to qualify for prizes.

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 12:57 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hi Santiago,

Members can one be active at one school only, you can't have an account in two different schools to qualify for prizes.

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!
Raiser
i have an account in intellipoker
i am a brazilian player.
i did not know i cant create another account in here..but the login is the same... i want have my account here now..can you help me with that?

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 01:01 PM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
i have an account in intellipoker
i am a brazilian player.
i did not know i cant create another account in here..but the login is the same... i want have my account here now..can you help me with that?
No Problem,

Please email support@pokerschoolonline.com and tell them that you wish to transfer your account to PokerSchoolOnline.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 07:20 PM
(#5)
The support@pokerschoolonline.com send me that:
''If you still wish to change the platform to be able to take part on PokerSchoolOnline, please write back and let us know. We will then change the poker school for you. However, please be aware that only one change is allowed and you will not be able to change back or to any other site in the future.''

and i said ..yes i want to change the platform...so..now I am a pokerschoolonline member.

Quote:
No Problem,

Please email support@pokerschoolonline.com and tell them that you wish to transfer your account to PokerSchoolOnline.

Raiser

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 07:24 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
so..now I am a pokerschoolonline member.
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 06:14 PM
(#7)
I've attended training.
What next?

Quote:
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions.

Raiser

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 04:36 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I've attended training.
What next?
Perfect, yes we can see that you attended. Did you find the session useful?

Next up please play some play money tables, full-ring, 9-handed only. Make sure the tables are full, that is, no empty seats.

Post a hand that you found difficult with here in this thread using the Hand Replayer.

Here is a video on how to use the Hand Replayer.

Once you post your hand for review we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
size of the bets - Thu Dec 27, 2012, 11:30 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Perfect, yes we can see that you attended. Did you find the session useful?

Next up please play some play money tables, full-ring, 9-handed only. Make sure the tables are full, that is, no empty seats.

Post a hand that you found difficult with here in this thread using the Hand Replayer.

Here is a video on how to use the Hand Replayer.

Once you post your hand for review we can continue on from there.

Raiser

I think I had the right idea for a play money tables but I have no notion of Bet Sizing .. can you give me a hand with that?

Last edited by Psantiago20; Thu Dec 27, 2012 at 11:40 PM..

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 11:08 AM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Psantiago20!

With JJ, there are 2 limps, then an abnormally large raise to 28 (14BB) that is then called by 2 players. If there had not been a large raise, I would make a standard raise (3X the previous bet), however, with the large raise already, I'm going to call and hope to flop a J.
I don't want to be making much larger raises, as I will normally fold out all the hands that I beat and only get called by hands that beat me.
I flop top set, but there is a flush draw and 2 opps that are not all-in. If there was 1 opp, I'd bet 1/2 pot, but with 2 opps I need to be slightly more, so I will bet 2/3 pot. However, I don't have that many chips, so I will shove the flop.

In the A5 hand, the first thing that I would recommend to you is to wait for the BB whenever joining a table. Paying the extra BB over and over will be a big drain to your bankroll.
With a not-so-great hand, I'm going to check A5 here. Other opps could easily have an A with a better kicker and I don't want to be playing ace/rag, especially out of position. If anyone raises, it's an easy muck.
The flop totally misses me and I'm going to check and fold to any bet. I want to be putting chips into the pot when I have the best hand, not the worst. Here is another case where by making an abnormally large bet, I'm going to fold out any hands that are worse than mine and get called by only hands better than mine.
When I miss and don't have a hand, I want to fold, not to be betting or calling chips when I know I'm behind. Chasing with nothing will cost me a large amount of chips while playing and is something that I do not want to do. I work hard to earn the chips that I have and do not want to give them away.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 11:26 AM
(#11)
Hm.... Thanks for the help JWK24.
what is the next step now?

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 03:41 PM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hm.... Thanks for the help JWK24.
what is the next step now?
Good to hear!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 03:58 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Good to hear!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser
Hi, royalraise85.
I already passed the test, now what?

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 08:37 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi, royalraise85.
I already passed the test, now what?
Hi Psantiago20,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 03:46 PM
(#15)
royalraise85,
I've been using my buy-in to play the 1/2c tables.

First, I'll post a sad hand

haha..

now the other one:

how i could have played this better?

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 03:20 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
royalraise85,
I've been using my buy-in to play the 1/2c tables.

First, I'll post a sad hand

haha..

now the other one:

how i could have played this better?
Hi Psantiago20

Bad luck with your AA hand! You got all in preflop while you were way ahead of KK and that is all you can ask for. Don't sweat the results here.

There are a few points worth noting with this hand though. Firstly, I recommend sticking to standard bet sizes which would be 3bb or 6 cents here. You don't want everyone to fold and you want to keep the strength of you hand hidden. Secondly, you were pretty short stacked here and the villain is rather deep stacked. This creates a situation where it is easier for him to call your large preflop raise. Finally, AA and KK are the only two hands that you normally want to get all in preflop with. Neither you nor the villain made a mistake by getting all in preflop. He just got lucky catching a K.

Second hand 99:

Preflop you have poor position in the sb and are facing a midposition raise plus a caller. This is a good spot to play you medium pocket pair as a prosective hand by just calling as you did. If you flop a set great, if you don't you can check fold the hand.

On the flop, you have a flush draw. However, you are not drawing to the nut flush AND you are not getting pot odds to call the raise. Folding is the best choice.

Well played

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 03:30 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi ,

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions.

Use the time while you are attending this session wisely, for example prepare some questions to ask the live trainer while you are there about what size of bets you should be making, it's a great way to learn.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 08:41 PM
(#18)
Thanks for the comments, Roland GTX.

royalraise85, I've attended training.
I also already passed the Cash Game Quiz, and already got the 10Vpp's, which I believe are the next steps.
What next?

Old
Thu Jan 03, 2013, 06:45 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi ,

Unfortunately last night's training was cancelled and I can't move you forward in the promotion until you attend the 'Bet Sizing' class.

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions.

Use the time while you are attending this session wisely, for example prepare some questions to ask the live trainer while you are there about what size of bets you should be making, it's a great way to learn.

Let me know once you have attended and we can move on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 04, 2013, 04:27 PM
(#20)
Quote:
Hi ,

Unfortunately last night's training was cancelled and I can't move you forward in the promotion until you attend the 'Bet Sizing' class.

Let me know once you have attended and we can move on from there.

Raiser
I also already passed the Cash Game Quiz, and already got the 10Vpp's, which I believe are the next steps.
What next?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com