Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

nl5fr AJo 3 bet pot controlon turn

Old
nl5fr AJo 3 bet pot controlon turn - Mon Dec 17, 2012, 06:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
hi

just curious to if this was a bad call on turn?

i 3 bet AJo from sb. villain calls in position, flop is 5A7r, i bet flop, think im ahead but villain calls, i check back the turn for a bit of pot control and reevaluate turn( you can still have pot control OOP as pre flop raiser?)

villain then bets turn so i think then maybe im probably beat by like AK or maybe AQ, but then i think well villain could see my check as weakness and im giving up on my bluff so he would bet here with most his range or like QQ or KK so i make the call and hit a lucky 2 pair on river.

should i have just folded to the turn bet? i think double bareling may be wrong but not sure , i could double barrel and fold to a river bet if i dont hit my J or improve on top pair weakish kicker? ...no reads only stak sizes pre beting amount and was multi tabler.!

edit..just thinking about this hand again and should i have re raised alll in ther on villains river bet.. i knew i was ahead unless she had str8 wich was possability?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...034_CD6E14F0FC

Last edited by UrGetinTaxed; Mon Dec 17, 2012 at 06:26 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 10:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Taxed,

I'm not getting any hand in the boomplayer link. Please repost using the PSO replayer or try it again. All I get is a boom selection page of numerous hands that aren't yours.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 10:59 AM
(#3)
(Head Trainer)
I'm going to mark this as evaluated since there's nothing to do here unless you add the hand. If you do so please put in a new reply so I see it's here (don't edit the OP) and I'll have a look then.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 10:27 AM
(#4)
ah sry not sure why no hand apeared, but here it is again, not usre also if im doing somthing wrong (ima donk at forums) but imn ticking the box so i get email when somone replys, but im not geting the email?

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...034_CD6E14F0FC

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 02:55 PM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Ok, not sure about your forum troubles (email support imo), but I have a hand now!

Preflop I wouldn't 3b without reads, AJ doesn't play well for a 3b unless the villain is raise/calling super loose or is opening wide (good resteal target) from the cut off, but if he's opening super wide then flatting with AJ is ok too. Especially if the BB is a fish as flatting invites them to make loose calls as well. If we do 3b we are basically turning our hand into a bluff since without reads I don't expect a lot of worse hands to call, so I would actually size it bigger... you've sized it less than 3x his bet of .17c making it .45c, but I would go like .55c here which provides a bit more fold equity pre, charges him a bit extra to take a flop in position, and puts a bit more out there to take down with c-bets the times he folds on the flop.

As is I would probably not c-bet this flop. It's a pretty classic way ahead/way behind spot. We are way ahead of pocket pairs but don't rate to get more than 1 steet max of value from those typically, and we are way behind AK/AQ. If we c-bet we fold out all the worse hands and misses early on, but if we check it creates some doubt about our hand, looking like we don't like the ace. We are still going to be paying off AK/AQ but we will guarantee at least 2 streets of value from any weaker aces he called our preflop 3b with, 1 and maybe 2 streets from big pocket pairs that think they might be good, and we pick up some additional value from airballs like KQ that may try to rep the ace and bluff at our "weakness".

As played I think we are in bad shape a lot on the turn but can't fold, as we may get floated by some worse hands hoping we shut down on the turn so they can bet and take it away. And when we river the jack I too would raise him all in for value against AK/AQ since it seems unlikely he can get away from those now in a 3b pot that has been bet every street, too much in the middle and he's committed.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 01:01 PM
(#6)
ok i see what your saying, ill think about caling here with AJo altho will be hard, it has no fold equity, i like just playing agro pre flop stealing and re stealing untill i hit the flop strong, until then i play tight post flop.

interesting to see other views tho

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 05:23 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
i think u got lucky on river a 3 outer lol u should have folded the turn , and 3 bet was 2 small

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com