Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Dec 17, 2012, 06:38 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
BronzeStar
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

SasoriHayate

Old
Mon Dec 17, 2012, 07:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SasoriHayate View Post
Hi there,
I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?
Can anyone help?
SasoriHayate
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 04:18 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 06:36 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Hi Raiser,

I have attended the "Getting Started" Live training and i also played some play money cash games. Did i played well this hand? I like to play suited connectors

Last edited by SasoriHayate; Wed Dec 19, 2012 at 12:12 PM..

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 05:19 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Hi Raiser,

I have attended the "Getting Started" Live training and i also played some play money cash games. Did i played well this hand? I like to play suited connectors
Hi SasoriHayate

Nice pot!

Suited connectors make great prospective hands along with Ax suited and small pairs. However, hands like this normally miss the flop forcing us to fold. I recommend having several conditions in place before playing prospective hands.

1. Late postion. In this hand you are in early position. Normally we need to fold to a reraise. Here there were so many callers that calling was fine.
2. Several players already in the pot. This increases our chances of stacking someone when we get a good flop.
3. Deep stacks. Both our stack and the opponents need to be fairly deep. Otherwize we cant win enough to make playing these weakish hands profitable.
4. Have real suited connectors, not gappers like 8 10.

Since you were in early position, I would recommend folding preflop. Hand you been on the btn facing the same raise and string of callers, then yes call.

Checking the flop and turn was good. I'm not sure about the river bet though. You have two pair which looks great. However, you do not have top two pair, and there are several straight possibilities, especially with the 9. Against so many players it is likely that someone can have a better hand than ours.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 06:57 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Hi Roland, thanks for your advice i'll make like you say from now on. I'll be more carefull with my position and with my starting hands.
What's up next?

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 05:57 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
What's up next?
Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 12:42 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Hi Raiser, i'v finished the basic assessment quiz. When i'll get my first buy in?

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 06:28 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser, i'v finished the basic assessment quiz. When i'll get my first buy in?
Hi SasoriHayate,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 06:28 PM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi SasoriHayate,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 05:45 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Did i made something wrong? I just couldn't fold(( i knew he has full too when he went all in but i didn't knew he was AA.

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 03:09 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
The same situation again i can't fold KK(( i didn't had many history with this guy. I noticed he was playing like 10 tables at a time and his range was pretty standard. But he called my raise with 9Jo from UTG2 and i put him on AK, AQ, AJ, JJ, TT, QQ.... but not 9J. Ok i made a mistake my bet size was that of a fish after the flop i know that but what can i do? Please help i lost my buy in btw i made 5$ and i lost them. I'll aim for the next buy-in, i'll try to practice more(( but i don't see any hope in me.

Last edited by SasoriHayate; Sat Dec 22, 2012 at 03:14 PM..

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 03:42 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
I have attented bet size live training it was pretty usefull.

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 05:46 PM
(#14)
Quote:
The same situation again i can't fold KK(( i didn't had many history with this guy. I noticed he was playing like 10 tables at a time and his range was pretty standard. But he called my raise with 9Jo from UTG2 and i put him on AK, AQ, AJ, JJ, TT, QQ.... but not 9J. Ok i made a mistake my bet size was that of a fish after the flop i know that but what can i do? Please help i lost my buy in btw i made 5$ and i lost them. I'll aim for the next buy-in, i'll try to practice more(( but i don't see any hope in me.

Hi SasoriHayate

Tough spot! I have been there myself many times. Let's take a closer look. 3-betting preflop was perfect. I stick to the standard 3x, but 22 cents was fine. When the villain calls, I would give him a slightly wider range than you did.

The flop is not too great for us, there are flush draws and straight draws, plus QQ is definately in his range. The villain leads out which often is a sign of weakness, but not always. I would definately do as you did and reraise. However, stick to standard bet sizing. Here 3x his raise makes it 60 cents.

Now when he 3-bets you, we need to get concerned. Postflop this normally means a strong made hand. Facing so much action, I suggest folding KK. As I often remind myself, "it is just a pair". We need to be able to get away from top pair hands when facing all in situations. Learning to reduce losses in spots like this has been the key to improving my own game.

I was surprized to see he had J9 too, but I was not surprized to see that he had a strong hand.

Two other points worth noting. Firstly, if you are feeling "unlucky" perhaps take a break for a day or two. Regroup and come back with your A game

Secondly, try to stay on full tables. Playing short handed is much tougher. You can adjust the filters in the Holdem Lobby to only show tables with 8 players. That is what I do.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 06:05 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Did i made something wrong? I just couldn't fold(( i knew he has full too when he went all in but i didn't knew he was AA.
Hi agian SasoriHayate

Bad luck with QQ here! You plaed preflop and the flop very nicely.

On the turn we can raise, as you did, or check. Knowing which is best is a bit read dependant. What type of hand would the villain limp call preflop with, the call our flop bet? Is it a sign of strength or weakness? If we are unsure, checking the flop may be ok. If he checks, then he is probably weaker than us, if he raises then we can start giving him credit for a strong hand. I would call the raise either way.

On the flop, the villain suddenly ways up and moves all in by by making a bet larger than the pot. Again a read on the villain would help knowing what to do here. Is he capable of making this move as a bluff? Without a read, I am always averse to very large risks when we might not have the best hand. Here, AA,KK, 55, 44 and any 3 beats us. Without a read, I would fold. Tough spot though, against looose aggressive players, I would probably have called too.

GL!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 09:04 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Hi Raiser, what i need to do next?

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 09:20 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser, what i need to do next?
Hi SasoriHayate,

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 03:12 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Hi Raiser,
Guess what? I'v passed the NL cash Quiz

Old
Sun Dec 30, 2012, 05:01 PM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser,
Guess what? I'v passed the NL cash Quiz
Brilliant! Your second buy-in will now be awarded within 24 hours.

Use all that you have learned so far to again play some real money games (1/2 cent tables).

Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, attend the 'Cash Basics' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 14, 2013, 07:35 AM
(#20)
BronzeStar
i'v lost my buy in again
this is the hand

What shall i do next?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com