Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Kooky's Bankroll Builder!

Old
Kooky's Bankroll Builder! - Mon Dec 17, 2012, 10:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
Hey guys.

I just signed up for PokerSchoolOnline after getting the client a couple of days ago, and would like to know if I qualify for this Promo. I have not made any deposits.

Cheers,
Kooky

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 12:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 01:24 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kookybalooky,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 02:14 AM
(#4)
I am going to attend the Getting started session about 2 days from now, can't attend the others due to work.

I can still post hands though, correct?

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 02:41 AM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kookybalooky!

Take all the time that you need on any of the steps in the process. Yes, while you're waiting on the live training session, please go ahead and play the play money full ring tables and post a hand that you had problems with using the replayer.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 06:48 PM
(#6)
I finally found spare time (what with Christmas and work) to attend a getting started session, I attended the 26th December at 18:00 - 18:20 one with Garethc23.

I also have this hand here:

The player I lost this pot to (villain_3) just won a huge pot before hand that jumped him up from 163 chips to 901. Before this current hand, his play was generally quite small, he never really betted or called big. When he bet big in hole card stage, I just thought he was betting big to get people to fold, since he just won a huge pot and so had some money to throw around. When he did the same on the flop and turn, I kept that same thought pattern. I was pretty confident, thinking he was just bluffing and I was calling it without him realising, then he won with two pair, Q7 but with king kicker, I had two pair, Q7 but weaker kicker, so he won the hand.
What went wrong? Should I have disregarded the fact he won a big pot and so was betting big as a side effect? Or was I legitimate in including that in my thoughts, but went wrong somewhere else?

Cheers,
kooky.

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 07:49 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kookybalooky!

Please play the full ring tables and not the 6 player ones. When you earn a buy-in with this promotion, playing anything other than a full ring (9 player) cash table will make you ineligible for further buy-ins.

With Q9o there is a limp, an abnormally large raise (10X) then a call. Q9 is a marginal hand without a raise, with a raise, it is nowhere near a good enough hand to call any raise, let alone an abnormally large raise. Due to this, I would muck it immediately here.

With top pair, I need to make a value bet and will size it at 1/2 pot. If anyone calls, I will not put another chip into the pot unless my hand improves. If there is a raise, it's a muck as the opp most likely has me beat.

The key here is to muck a very marginal at best hand preflop, especially when out of position.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 07:54 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kookybalooky!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz, please let us know and your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 10:00 PM
(#9)
OK, I took the quiz and it said I passed. What not? Is it OK if I re-read and do it again, or am I not meant to do that until after the bankroll builder promo?

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 07:45 AM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kookybalooky!

Congrats on passing the quiz. You can always re-read any of the courses, but members cannot retake any of the quizzes. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 04:30 PM
(#11)
Hold'em No Limit 1c/2c 9 player? Is this the right game?

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 05:01 PM
(#12)

So I played this hand earlier, and was dealt QJ offsuit. I was in middle position, and called to see a cheap flop. My hand isn't very strong, and I was thinking that if anyone raised I would fold. Button raised to 0.04c, but it seemed sketchy. Almost too quick, like he was poking around seeing what was happening. I re-raised to 0.06c, and then he called. That's when I knew I probably had him beat. The flop came, and nothing really connected. Seeing those double eights made me possibly hope for a two pair, but was wary that someone could have trips. I bet 0.04c, small bet, and when Villain_3 just called again, I knew that he didn't have a very strong hand either, and that I would probably beat him if it came to showdown. The turn came, and nothing connected, so I figured that I was in for this bluff. I made a somewhat nervous but quick bet of 0.10c into a pot of 0.27c, and he folded.

Was I right in this? Should I have folded earlier when he raised? It just seemed sketchy to me, plus he was playing loose anyway which I noted down.

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 12:03 AM
(#13)
(Head Trainer)
Hi kooky,

When entering the pot first, you should raise rather than limp in (or just fold). So open raise this preflop or fold. When you get raised if you are going to reraise then the 3-bet should be to roughly 3x his bet size or .12c, a min-reraise just prices him in to call with anything he's raised with, and quite frankly most of this is beating you. There's a couple points where you said you felt like when he just called, you had the best hand. I don't think that's accurate though. Preflop he will call with ace high and king high and any pair since your reraise is too small, and you're not ahead of those. On the flop players will call to slow play when they hit hard (in this case trips or 2's full), and against the small bet again he's probably calling with ace high hands too. I doubt he has many if any worse hands than QJ high in his range at this point.

For that reason I think it's important to bet the turn, and I would size it at between 1/2 and 2/3rds the pot usually. We really need him to fold his better unpaired (A and K high) hands right now.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 28, 2012, 10:49 AM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kookybalooky!

Please let me know whether you are still playing with the buy-in or if you have lost it.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 03:37 AM
(#15)
I haven't had time to play over the weekend, been a bit too busy but I've actually made 5 cents so far

I will begin playing again from the 3rd onwards, because I'm busy like until then with work and friends. Sorry for being so slow about this haha but inconvenient time of year I guess.

Old
Sat Dec 29, 2012, 07:28 AM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
That's not a problem at all. I totally understand, as I'm travelling and will be out for New Year's too.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 01, 2013, 08:26 PM
(#17)
Hey so sorry, but have more commitments lol Won't be able to play until the 6th onwards. Sorry for taking so long but damn I chose the wrong time of year to start this haha.

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 10:44 AM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi kooky!

That's not a problem at all. Take all the time that you need.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 04, 2015, 09:04 PM
(#19)
Hello!

I'm back after a loooong break, so pretty much brand new again.

Where do I go from here, assuming I'm still eligible for the rest of the promotion?

Old
Mon Jan 05, 2015, 10:09 AM
(#20)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Step Two

The Poker Basics test was easy right? Well, there's a lot more to learn on the road to becoming a profitable poker player.

Now study the Cash Game course and once you think you have it mastered have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Let us know as soon as you have passed the Cash Game Quiz and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)
Team PokerSchoolOnline

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com