Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

9 man table sitting out strategy

Old
9 man table sitting out strategy - Tue Dec 18, 2012, 08:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Please advise the best play in this situation:
You are one of two players with short stacks,2 players on your table have stacks 15 times the size of yours,and one of them is always going all in,on every hand,all the other players are sitting out.
This has happened several times in the open league.
What should be my strategy?

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 11:16 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Well I'm not raelly playing those tournaments anymore. I assume its the start of the tournament and you have around your starting stack.

Your goal is to reach the 30% to get profitable points. So you wait until you get a decent hand ahead of their ranges. It should be easely possible to get your money in 60% ahead even 70-80% Wait for those spots. Wait for a decent hand.
Also you can wait decently in start as many will bust. meaning don't call too ligth cause if you do bust in the start you'll lose alot of points.

Hope this some what helps

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 10:14 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by imokdoc View Post
Please advise the best play in this situation:
You are one of two players with short stacks,2 players on your table have stacks 15 times the size of yours,and one of them is always going all in,on every hand,all the other players are sitting out.
This has happened several times in the open league.
What should be my strategy?
If there is a sitter, treat them as a free steal if you can get to it.. otherwise let the others steal

Dont try and steal just because it is free

What would you do if you played with maniac opponents in a normal game? Wait for top 5 hands and crush them (JJ-AA, AK).. best way to handle them

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com