Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Tue Dec 18, 2012, 12:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Hi, I have been a member of the PSO skill league for a while. I have never made a deposit on poker stars. I would like to know if I qualify for this encouraging promotion.

looking forward to your feedback

BreathT4k3r™ !!

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 02:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreathT4k3r View Post
Hi, I have been a member of the PSO skill league for a while. I have never made a deposit on poker stars. I would like to know if I qualify for this encouraging promotion.
looking forward to your feedback
BreathT4k3r™ !!
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 05:42 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I would like to know if I qualify for this encouraging promotion.
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 07:01 AM
(#4)
thank you
I attend Gareth's live training session, what should I do next ?

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 07:59 AM
(#5)
I also completed basic courses till the "cash game" course

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 08:04 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
thank you
I attend Gareth's live training session, what should I do next ?
Hi BreathT4k3r,

Unfortunately we do not see you on the list of attendees for the 'Getting Started' session yesterday and we are unable to move you forward in the promotion until you do attend this session.

It's only the 'Getting Started' session you need to attend for now.

Use the time while you are attending this session wisely, for example, prepare a few questions that you can ask the trainer while you are attending, it's a great way to learn.

Post back here as soon as you have attended this session and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 02:53 PM
(#7)
i attended "getting started " session with "CHEWME1".
so what should i do next ?

Old
can this be considered bad beat ? - Fri Dec 21, 2012, 05:41 PM
(#8)

I was playing in PSO skill league and came across this hand during the early stage. Please let me know how could I have played it better .

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 05:46 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
i attended "getting started " session with "CHEWME1".
so what should i do next ?
Hi,

We see that you have attended the 'Cash Basics' class but not 'Getting Started'

It's really important here you do the steps as asked. Also this hand is from a tournament and the Bankroll Builder is a Cash Game promotion only.

If you would like to have a tournament hand reveiwed you can post them in the >>Tournament Hand Analysis<< section of the school.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 22, 2012, 06:36 PM
(#10)
finished the "getting started" live training ..
what should i do next ?

Old
finished basic courses - Mon Dec 24, 2012, 05:19 AM
(#11)
hey...I finished all the basic courses too.
Please let me know what should I do next .

Old
Mon Dec 24, 2012, 05:52 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hey...I finished all the basic courses too.
Please let me know what should I do next .
Hi BreathT4k3r,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Fri Jan 11, 2013 at 08:18 AM..

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 02:10 AM
(#13)
thanks for the buy in. I have been playing with it for the past two days, please let me know when can i get my next buy in of $2

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 02:22 AM
(#14)

I had only $2 in the bankroll and I used $0.80 to buy in...
since I had 50 BB. I was playing tight and while I was at the table I made notes of most of the players .
The opponent in this hand is a very loose and agressive player , since I played tight for most of the time I tried to raise heavily preflop and represent a Premium Pair and he called . The flop was dry and I was certain he would not have connected so I went allin like i would with KK or QQ. But to my surprise he called and showed 46s of clubs.
Will this play work against any skilled opponent ? or did I just get lucky this time ?

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 07:53 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Will this play work against any skilled opponent ? or did I just get lucky this time ?
Hello BreathT4k3r,

Thanks for posting these hands for reveiw. I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at these for you and offer some feedback.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 04:34 PM
(#16)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

I had only $2 in the bankroll and I used $0.80 to buy in...
since I had 50 BB. I was playing tight and while I was at the table I made notes of most of the players .
The opponent in this hand is a very loose and agressive player , since I played tight for most of the time I tried to raise heavily preflop and represent a Premium Pair and he called . The flop was dry and I was certain he would not have connected so I went allin like i would with KK or QQ. But to my surprise he called and showed 46s of clubs.
Hi BreathT4k3r

I like your aggressiveness and that you are paying attention to your opponents, However, I think you did get fairly lucky in this spot. In general, bluffing is not neccessary at 2NL. Playing good starting hands and betting with your strong hands post flop is profitable.

Preflop, A5o is too weak to reraise with, unless you expect the villain to fold. A5o is too often dominated by another A with a better kicker.

As played, I would suggest betting less on the flop. The standard bet size is 50% the pot. By making a large overbet as you did, you create a situation where you normally get value owned by the villain. This means that all the hands you are beating fold, giving you less value for you hand. While only the hands beating you call, meaning you are getting stacked unless you get lucky.

This spot worked out nicely for you - congrats! I suggest sticking to the recommended starting hands and bet sizes until you get a bit more experience.

GL and Merry Christmas!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Dec 26, 2012, 05:28 PM
(#17)
Thanks for the review man .
@royalraise85 : Bro I finished "Bet Sizing" live training with Gareth and also completed my cash game course , so please let me know when I can get my next Buy-in .

Old
Thu Dec 27, 2012, 10:06 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks for the review man .
@royalraise85 : Bro I finished "Bet Sizing" live training with Gareth and also completed my cash game course , so please let me know when I can get my next Buy-in .
Brilliant! Your second buy-in will now be awarded within 24 hours.

Use all that you have learned so far to again play some real money games (1/2 cent tables).

Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, attend the 'Cash Basics' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 02:46 PM
(#19)

this was a limped pot ... I just limped to catch some monster hand or else fold .
I thought my two pair would be upper hand to most range of hands the opponent could have , since he was very loose player .
But I never ever expected him to show the bullets , completely took me out by surprise !!
was this a bad beat or bad bet sizing on my part ?

Last edited by BreathT4k3r; Mon Dec 31, 2012 at 02:48 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 31, 2012, 06:22 PM
(#20)
@royalraise85 : please let me know , when I can get my third buy in

Last edited by BreathT4k3r; Tue Jan 01, 2013 at 04:10 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com