Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Tue Dec 18, 2012, 12:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Everything is in the title .

Old
Tue Dec 18, 2012, 02:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYOBToBBQ View Post
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 05:42 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 19, 2012, 08:34 AM
(#4)
Okay thanks a lot. I'll attend to today's lesson

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 08:37 AM
(#5)
Hello, so i've attended to this lesson

Old
Thu Dec 20, 2012, 09:02 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello, so i've attended to this lesson
Hi BYOBToBBQ,

Unfortunately we do not see you on the list of attendees for the 'Getting Started' session yesterday and we are unable to move you forward in the promotion until you do attend this session.

It's only the 'Getting Started' session you need to attend for now.

Use the time while you are attending this session wisely, for example, prepare a few questions that you can ask the trainer while you are attending, it's a great way to learn.

Post back here as soon as you have attended this session and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 02:14 PM
(#7)
OKay i've attends to today's lesson, I hope i have been counted

Old
Fri Dec 21, 2012, 06:23 PM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
OKay i've attends to today's lesson, I hope i have been counted
Perfect, yes we can see that you attended. Did you find the session useful?

Next up please play some play money tables, full-ring, 9-handed only. Make sure the tables are full, that is, no empty seats.

Post a hand that you found difficult with here in this thread using the Hand Replayer.

Here is a video on how to use the Hand Replayer.

Once you post your hand for review we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 06:56 AM
(#9)

So here's my hand. I won it (chop), but I wasn't really sure if what I were doing was good.

So I call preflop because I think I had the odds too. I hit second pair and a player min bet and gets called once, and as there hasn't been a big raise preflop I think nobody has an ace so I raise and I get called twice. Then I keep firing on the turn and get called again and I check the river because the flush draw is now complete and because of the ace. So those were my thoughts during the hands and I want to know if I played the hand correctly.

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 10:58 AM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi BYOBToBBQ!

I have 4 limps in front of me with K6s. Even though I'm on the button with limpers, I'm going to muck this hand here as it's not a strong enough one to be in the hand with. Here's why. If I get a K on the flop, someone most likely has me outkicked. If I get a 6 on the flop, someone could have a higher pair or I could be outkicked. Either way, I'm probably going to lose the pot and maybe a large pot. I'd rather save my chips for a better situaion.
If I had cards that could make BOTH a flush and a straight, then I'd be tempted to call and see the flop, as I'd have multiple ways to make a hand.

If I was in the hand, when there is an A on the board, a bet and two calls, my K is basically never the best hand here as there are many players out there that will never fold an A. I'm also going to muck here because I don't want to be putting chips into a pot where I know I'm behind. I want to be putting chips in when I'm ahead. I also definitely do NOT want to raise, as I don't currently have the best hand.
The same thing for the turn and river. With the A out there and also someone could easily have me outkicked, I need to check and fold to any bet.

One key that we want to have as poker players is to make the best decisions possible and to not be results oriented when we're playing and when faced with a poor hand, I want to muck and save my chips for a better situation.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 11:31 AM
(#11)
Okay, thanks a lot for the advices !

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 03:28 PM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Okay, thanks a lot for the advices !
Hi BYOBToBBQ,

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 02, 2013, 04:09 PM
(#13)
Well I've already passed it some months ago, is it a problem? I'll reread it though .

Old
Thu Jan 03, 2013, 06:51 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Well I've already passed it some months ago, is it a problem? I'll reread it though .
Hi BYOBToBBQ,

You've passed the basics quiz, congrats on that!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 03, 2013, 02:08 PM
(#15)

So I really played this hand badly! Can anyone review it for me?

By the way: I ended this session with + 1.15$ (185 hands) even if i was stuck -0.90$ after 50 hands, so I'm pretty happy. Got lucky too!

I'll try to attends to the bet sizing lesson on Friday.

Old
Fri Jan 04, 2013, 11:52 AM
(#16)
So today I played 140 hands and earned only 0.26$ . I had some good cards and played well, but I'm a little dissapointed because there was at the end of the session a steaming donk (like between 110-140 hand) and I got Q-Q and he surprisingly didn't reraise me, he just folded!. My A-A, K-K and others came at the wrong time for me today .

And I have not even a hand to review, I just played a solid poker and everything is fine :p.

Old
Fri Jan 04, 2013, 01:55 PM
(#17)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi,

Preflop if you're going to enter the pot and are the first one to do so, enter for a raise. Take the initiative, and don't allow people behind you to see the flop for cheap and draw out on your 88.

Flop play is fine. Turn I would bet again, the K doesn't help him very often and he will still call us with plenty of worse hands like worse 1 pairs and draws. If he raises our turn bet we have an easy fold.

As played you've checked to him twice so calling is fine since he may bet any busted draw and some worse 1 pair hands (although he probably shouldn't, he will). It's a big bet relative to the pot though so folding isn't bad either.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jan 04, 2013, 04:20 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello

Next Step

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Use the time while you are attending these sessions wisely, for example, prepare some questions to ask the trainer while you are attending about bet-sizing, it's a great way to learn!

Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 07, 2013, 10:06 AM
(#19)
So I lost 1.38 $ today 96 hands played. Was up 1 $ when my aces got cracked and I spotted a bluff by a guy and shoved all in, and he called and won. What do you think ?

Here's the hand:

Also my A-A vs Q-K

Old
Fri Jan 11, 2013, 12:25 PM
(#20)

Okay so there those hands I really played poorly (the second one was an attend to bluff obviously). Sorry but I'll really try to attends to the betsizing lesson.

I'm down now to 1.08$, mainly because I try to bluff and I always get called (or very often). What should I do?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com